Thread: RIP Ralphie May

RIP Ralphie May

Comedian Ralphie May was found dead today at the age of 45 from cardiac arrest.

Such a shame, I met him a few years ago when he performed at the Orange Peel here in Asheville. He seemed very down to earth - stayed until everyone in attendance was able to get a picture with him.

I have never heard of him. Was he local?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I have never heard of him. Was he local?
    Had several big Comedy Central and Netflix stand up specials, was very funny and clearly had a big heart (a lot of offensive humor but also talked a lot during all his stand up about pretty much every type of equality). Definitely sucks to hear this, he was pretty young and had a family with some fairly young kids as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Had several big Comedy Central and Netflix stand up specials, was very funny and clearly had a big heart (a lot of offensive humor but also talked a lot during all his stand up about pretty much every type of equality). Definitely sucks to hear this, he was pretty young and had a family with some fairly young kids as I recall.
    He had a family, but his wife recently left him and took the kids. He had been struggling with depression and alcohol abuse.

I always thought he was funny in a weirdly non offensive, offensive way.

Cuba diving!