Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1354
    Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    For one, they're paying Teague 19 million dollars this year (and next, and the year after). He didn't sign with Minnesota to be a backup PG. Thibs being the President of Bball Operations and the head coach means he's answering to upper management and the players for personnel decisions. Playing both sides isn't easy. Teague is the starter and is playing 50-70% of available minutes with Tyus getting the rest. Tyus did play the entire fourth quarter last night in a tight loss to the Bulls.

It's clear Thibs is comfortable with Tyus in crunch time. Tyus should continue to improve and nip at Teague's ankles, and if he keeps getting better he could be the starter by sometime next year (while they look to trade Teague for something in return).
    Money shouldn't matter, you need to play your best players the most minutes. We're so much better with Tyus it's not even funny. Start him and bench Teague.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    Money shouldn't matter, you need to play your best players the most minutes. We're so much better with Tyus it's not even funny. Start him and bench Teague.
    I don’t disagree with you at all, and I think Tyus has earned those minutes with his play this year. But when people say “I just don’t understand why Tyus isn’t starting,” we’re kidding ourselves to think money doesn’t play a part.

Mason out until at least after the all-star break.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ll-star-break/

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Mason out until at least after the all-star break.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...ll-star-break/
    Hope he gets well and finishes the season strong. Looks like he has a calf strain. Had one of those last year, not fun.

Cavs v Celtics

4 ex Dukes playing at the same time.

Hood and Tatum guarding each other as well.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

5 counting lebron...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post

LeBron knows he can’t win a title without at least one Duke player.

The Mavs have waived Josh McRoberts. It will be interesting to see if anyone wants to give a chance between now and the end of the season now that he is healthy.

"Is Tyus Jones the Best Pro From Duke’s 2015 Title Team?"

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...a-timberwolves

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    "Is Tyus Jones the Best Pro From Duke’s 2015 Title Team?"

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2...a-timberwolves
    Maybe--he is for now. But it's funny how these things turn out. Who would ever have guessed that Lance Thomas would have the best career out of any of the 2010 starters*?

*Mason Plumlee has had the best NBA career from that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Maybe--he is for now. But it's funny how these things turn out. Who would ever have guessed that Lance Thomas would have the best career out of any of the 2010 starters*?

*Mason Plumlee has had the best NBA career from that team.
    has he though? Singler has scored 1000 more points than LT has, and 200 more rebounds. Singler was once a starter and solid player before he fell into the abyss in OKC. Whereas LT had a very slow start to his career, ironically in OKC, before finding his footing in NYC. Their career trajectories are currently going in opposite directions, but i wouldn't say LT has had the better career between the two.
    I do agree that MP2 has had the best career of that roster, which included a couple of years from Nolan, a cup of tea for Andre, and a solid albeit understated career from MP1.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    has he though? Singler has scored 1000 more points than LT has, and 200 more rebounds. Singler was once a starter and solid player before he fell into the abyss in OKC. Whereas LT had a very slow start to his career, ironically in OKC, before finding his footing in NYC. Their career trajectories are currently going in opposite directions, but i wouldn't say LT has had the better career between the two.
    I do agree that MP2 has had the best career of that roster, which included a couple of years from Nolan, a cup of tea for Andre, and a solid albeit understated career from MP1.
    Compared to what's he's getting paid, yes. But compared to his production and potential in college? I'd say MP1 has surpassed all expectations. I wouldn't use "understated" to describe MP1 at all.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quinn Cook was with the Warriors when they made their trip to the Museum of African American History and Culture with students from Kevin Durant's hometown of Seat Pleasant, MD. The Washington Post has a rundown of player reactions (apologies if it's behind a paywall, not sure how it works), including this blurb from Cook:

Cook mentioned Australian sprinter Peter Norman, who spoke with Americans Tommie Smith and John Carlos before their protest at the 1968 Summer Games, “and wore one of the patches they were wearing. He got backlash from Australia. He thought about committing suicide. … It was just breathtaking and I just learned so much, but that really stuck out to me.”
    Thoughtful stuff, and always great to see him listed with Curry, Durant, Thompson, etc. He hasn't gotten much playing time recently, but I'm glad he's getting to spend time with the best outfit in the NBA.

sort of uncanny...

https://mobile.twitter.com/LAClipper...690496/video/1

In honor of Duke-UNC week, Austin Rivers gives us that ice cold three from the wing to take the lead at the end of the game.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/3...ustise-winslow

Some interesting items in here about Ingram and Winslow. Can't really speak to the Ingram stuff since I've barely watched him play, but the article praises a lot of Winslow's secondary contributions despite his limitations as a scorer, which was good to read about.

Sportscenter overnight led with Houston extending their winning streak against the Bucks. The majority of the segment was dedicated to funny comments about Jabari Parker trying (and failing) to guard James Harden. Not a good look for Bri, but at least he did not fall down with his ankles broken. Jabari is still on a minute restriction so he never plays more than about 24 minutes per game. He's scoring nicely, but is still a pretty big liability on the defensive end.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sportscenter overnight led with Houston extending their winning streak against the Bucks. The majority of the segment was dedicated to funny comments about Jabari Parker trying (and failing) to guard James Harden. Not a good look for Bri, but at least he did not fall down with his ankles broken. Jabari is still on a minute restriction so he never plays more than about 24 minutes per game. He's scoring nicely, but is still a pretty big liability on the defensive end.
    ESPN burning a Duke guy, how original. Although I agree that JP has never been a good defender, Harden makes just about everybody look bad. The Beard can really score. Ironically, Harden plays defense about as well as Jabari.
    Last edited by elvis14; 03-08-2018 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Last sentence addded

Multiple reporte that Derrick Rose is signing with Minnesota. That will impact Tyus Jones' minutes, for sure and cause the advanced metric folks (who love Tyus) to rip their hair out.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

i know Giles is out for the year; but what about Frank Jackson? Recall he had another foot injury but didn’t think he’d miss entire season. Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Multiple reporte that Derrick Rose is signing with Minnesota. That will impact Tyus Jones' minutes, for sure and cause the advanced metric folks (who love Tyus) to rip their hair out.
    Maybe Boozer will come out of retirement and they can pick up Joakim Noah as well.