Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I was surprised to see the radio crew up above section 2 last night (I didn’t go to CTC last week.) besides the Duke radio network, the visitor’s broadcast was there (a solo SWMoSt person) and I think Duke student broadcast.

It did remove some of Uh No’s worst seats in the house, though.
    I know they said the TV booth for this year was temporary, to be replaced in the off season... I wonder if the radio booths are also temporary???
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by BuschDevil View Post
    I know they said the TV booth for this year was temporary, to be replaced in the off season... I wonder if the radio booths are also temporary???
    The corner radio booths are clearly temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    The corner radio booths are clearly temporary.
    I meant whether their location is temporary, not the construction of them.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Not sure if this has been discussed in other threads, but the lighting for the TV broadcasts of both C2C and the NWMoSt exhibition were terrible. It only affects the main sideline camera; when they show replays from different camera angles the lighting is fine. Does this have anything to do with the different camera placement now that the crow's nest is gone? I already miss the steeper angle of looking down onto the court that I'm so accustomed to when watching games in Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Thanks for posting that. The other tidbit in that article is that the crow's nest will be returning next year:
    Let’s hope they beef up the nighttime security as well.

And we have a replacement for the crow’s nest!

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Looks awesome!
    But...where do they climb up? Is there a door up there on the other side of the stairs?

But...where do they climb up? Is there a door up there on the other side of the stairs?
    They don't need stairs. Bilas will levitate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    They don't need stairs. Bilas will levitate them.
    That'll take a lot of hot air, but...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I believe you can see the underside of the stairwells on either side of the middle pillar.

It looks like they just have to go through the last row of seats to get from the aisle to the stairs.

Beam me up Scotty

It looks bigger than the old one. Are they moving other writers from press row up as well?

Note the opening at the top in section 7. You see light there where previously there was no opening. They had previously constructed exterior stairs going up to the crow’s nest level but they didn’t connect to the crow’s nest. Now they do. I’m guessing TV will now be on the left side so they’ll have an entrance from the exterior stairs right at the crow’s nest. Useful for getting cameras up to the crow’s nest and getting people in and out of it quickly. Dickie V, for instance, in recent years had been leaving the crow’s nest at the half, presumably to go to the restroom. That sort of trip will be far easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It looks bigger than the old one. Are they moving other writers from press row up as well?
    think that's more an illusion. looks about the same size to me. but the fact it has a big facade makes it appear to be more voluminous.
    1200. DDMF.

countdown til they announce the naming opportunity, e.g. The Herman T. Merganser Crow's Nest Near Coach K Court at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Can Zion touch that with a standing leap or does he need a running start from center court?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    think that's more an illusion. looks about the same size to me. but the fact it has a big facade makes it appear to be more voluminous.
    Definitely an illusion. You can tell by the trusses. TV and radio each extended from one truss to another and there was a truss between TV and radio. That's still the case although I think that TV and radio may switch sides now.

I knew this was coming but it is still a sad day. My parents had the seats where the right stairs are for 44 years I think. As a little kid I spent lots of time leaning against that center court girder.