Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Hey! Hey! Hey! Duke got an OT today! John Gelotte who is 6' 6", weighs 280 lbs, just committed to Duke. He's from Roebuck, SC. Carolina wanted him, too, but Jim Bridge reeled him in.

BangBang DukeGang
    Three star OL commits to Duke over UNC.
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-119529787/
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    BangBang DukeGang
    Three star OL commits to Duke over UNC.
    https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ent-119529787/
    “With the addition of Gelotte to Duke's fifteen other commitments in the class, #DukeGang19 has moved up to the #30 ranked class in the country, bypassing Florida and Boston College. Duke is now ranked as the seventh highest rated class in the ACC, and is expected to move up to just outside the Top 25 nationally and into sixth place in the ACC sometime this week after a silent commitment is made public.” ???

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    “With the addition of Gelotte to Duke's fifteen other commitments in the class, #DukeGang19 has moved up to the #30 ranked class in the country, bypassing Florida and Boston College. Duke is now ranked as the seventh highest rated class in the ACC, and is expected to move up to just outside the Top 25 nationally and into sixth place in the ACC sometime this week after a silent commitment is made public.” ???
    Maybe the DE from Enloe announcing today?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Bang Bang DukeGang19

From HighSchoolOT on Twitter:

Just In: Enloe DL Christian Rorie commits to Duke University
    Strong side defensive end, 6'5" 267.
    Bob Green

Maybe the DE from Enloe announcing today?
    DhIGgNEU8AACxlX.jpg
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "The education is tremendous for me, nobody in my family has really had the opportunity to go to a place as prestigious as Duke and been able to get an education as great as that," Rorie said. "That's a big opportunity for me and I don't feel like I should miss that.
    https://www.highschoolot.com/enloe-d...-to-/17672817/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Great news - looking forward to seeing another young man from NC take the field for the Blue Devils! I am so ready for Friday, Aug 31st.

Nice get...beat out the cheats, the Pack, Notre Dame, Wake...etc...

Former Duke RB recruit Zonovan Knight today committed to NCS. They are getting good at poaching our recruits - 2 in 2 years.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

BangBang Dukegang!
    Surprised nobody has posted our commitment of a big three star OL from Penn. Great news!
    https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-wroten-206972
    Last edited by chrishoke; 08-01-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Speaking of poaching, I'm sure the buzzards will be flying around Columbus, Ohio in the wake of the Urban Meyer ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Speaking of poaching, I'm sure the buzzards will be flying around Columbus, Ohio in the wake of the Urban Meyer ordeal.
    Context:

http://www.espn.com/college-football...strative-leave

Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer was placed on paid administrative leave Wednesday as the school announced it is investigating Courtney Smith's claims that several people close to the coach knew of a 2015 allegation of domestic violence against her ex-husband, former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith, who was fired in July.
    Bob Green

BangBang DukeGang
    Three star DE Ahmad Craig commits today.

Outstanding offer list
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

BangBang DukeGang
    Three star DE Ahmad Craig commits today.

Outstanding offer list
    Duke lands another player from Georgia!
    Bob Green

18 power 5 offers including Oregon, Auburn, Tenn., Arkansas, VPI - majority of SEC and ACC schools.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Welcome, Ahmad!

Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith, a TE prospect who has committed to Duke, had an excellent game in Needham High's win over Newton North this afternoon. He made a spectacular diving catch of a long TD pass, and made five other receptions (2 on difficult balls) for first downs. So it appears that he is a clutch receiver with excellent hands. He split his time between the tight end and wide receiver positions. He often got behind the defenders, and at other times got the ball by outjumping the defender. (Being 6'5" is a big advantage in HS!) He did not make significant yards after his catches, but given the way some of those balls were thrown, there was little opportunity to do so.

I hope to see him again in Needham's rivalry game against Wellesley on Thanksgiving Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Matthew Smith, a TE prospect who has committed to Duke, had an excellent game in Needham High's win over Newton North this afternoon. He made a spectacular diving catch of a long TD pass, and made five other receptions (2 on difficult balls) for first downs. So it appears that he is a clutch receiver with excellent hands. He split his time between the tight end and wide receiver positions. He often got behind the defenders, and at other times got the ball by outjumping the defender. (Being 6'5" is a big advantage in HS!) He did not make significant yards after his catches, but given the way some of those balls were thrown, there was little opportunity to do so.

I hope to see him again in Needham's rivalry game against Wellesley on Thanksgiving Day.
    Great report, thanks!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In state recruit J.R. Walker to announce in three weeks. (Oct 12th)
    Walker has narrowed his list to five schools – Duke, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia Tech. Walker will take an official visit to NC State this weekend, then heads to Virginia Tech for an official visit on Oct. 6.

Walker stands at 6-foot and 205 pounds. 247Sports.com ranks him the No. 13 player in the state of North Carolina and four-star prospect. He capable of playing multiple positions on both sides of the ball.
    https://www.highschoolot.com/clayton...t-12/17870768/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."