RIP Harry Dean Stanton

Great underrated character actor who appeared in an eclectic set of films. My friends constantly quote Repo Man.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    Great underrated character actor who appeared in an eclectic set of films. My friends constantly quote Repo Man.
    My first thoughts on hearing this news as well. Many good quotes from that flick, most can't be posted on this message board.

Let's go do some crimes.
    Let's go Duke!

"Here kitty kitty." He was great in Alien. He was the dad is Pretty in Pink as well. I know that because I like Molly Ringwald. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    "Here kitty kitty." He was great in Alien. He was the dad is Pretty in Pink as well. I know that because I like Molly Ringwald. A lot.
    Well, you and I both know that everyone in Alien was amazing. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Let's go do some crimes.
    Let's get sushi and not pay!

Plate of shrimp...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, you and I both know that everyone in Alien was amazing. :-D
    Yes sir. He also played an FBI agent in Godfather 2. They are guarding Frank P. who is going to testify against Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    Yes sir. He also played an FBI agent in Godfather 2. They are guarding Frank P. who is going to testify against Michael.
    His box office numbers must rival James Earl Jones!

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    My friends constantly quote Repo Man.
    I don't want no commies in my car... no Christians either.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

He did an episode of Two and a Half Men, playing himself, along with Sean Penn and Elvis Costello. Hilarious!

IMDb has him at 199 film credits. He's been in film-TV since 1954. Remarkable.

His early performances were almost unnoticeable. When his face began to get craggy and weary, his fame took off.

I think I first observed him in Gunsmoke on TV in the 50's and 60's. Played various parts thereafter and while more than a bit player, he was no headliner.

He was a kind of staff actor in a number of westerns and war movies in the early 70s. Familiar, yet not known by name. Might have been 1972's Cisco Pike where I marked his name. Again noted him in 1975, in the Mitchum version of Farewell My Lovely playing a detective. He worked steadily in the 70's and exploded to become a headliner in 1979's Alien. From then on he was in high demand. The critics loved him in everything he did. He was great every time out. And he still has a performance coming out as the title character in Lucky, to be released on September 29.

Fantastic career. Mostly known today for The Green Mile and Big Love.

He won very few awards. But moviegoers approved of everything he did.