Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Stolen from a FB friend:

Attachment 7613
    Bodhisattva...won'tcha take me by the hand...

Love this.

I have been going to see Steely Dan in my area for the last few years when they come through (just saw Fagen a week ago). My wife kept asking why I was paying so much for first few rows. I said because someday I won't be able to.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    RIP, Walter. Steely Dan was terrific. As an aside, Forest Hills produced some exceptional artists: Walter, Paul Simon, and The Ramones.
    Don't forget Art Garfunkel...and Burt Bacharach (for musicians). A street by Forest Hills High School is named for the Ramones.

Peter Parker (aka Spidey) lived at 20 Ingram Street (actually around the corner from me) and went to Forest Hills High School. In a strange coincidence, until recently, the real residents of 20 Ingram were the Parkers (really!), Suzanne and Andy. Got more than a few visitors when the movies started appearing (part of the first was filmed near us).

With the US Tennis Open on, it brings back the pre-corporate days of the Open at the West Side Tennis Club, still a private members-only tennis club in the neighborhood. The stadium, once the site for concerts (The Beatles, Monkees, S&G, Jimi, etc), reopened a few years ago after a refurbishing. We saw Hall & Oates and Tom Petty there this year, and The Who, Van Morrison, James Taylor, among, others in prior years. But I miss the Open...a very different environment.

And of course, I am from Forest Hills too, but with much less fanfare and fame.