Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mccallie?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    In all candor, I was a bit surprised by this. I was told by several sources that McCallie wouldn't be fired but her contract would not be renewed when it expired.

So, I'm not sure how to interpret a one-year extension except as a short-term recruiting boost.

Certainly, her public persona last season showed an improvement and it must have shown an improvement behind the scenes. The team did seem more cohesive and harmonious last season.

Consider me agnostic on this. If it works, great. If it doesn't, take the appropriate steps.

But the talent level is really pretty high this year, especially with the late addition of Davalos and the return to health of Gorecki. If Lambert can get all the way back by January, then this team has Final Four potential.

And it has been way too long since DWBB has been playing that last weekend. Way too long.
    It's actually a two year extension (to 2021), but I wonder if it was done because she needs to show recruits she will be here 4 years and isn't a lame duck and then it is easy to buy her out when the 2018-2019 season ends and maybe everyone spins it...
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Another thought

Did she get the extension in exchange for a more palatable buy out for the University?