Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

DBR Survivor Football 2017

Thanks to highlander for reminding me... it is time for our annual survival football contest. As always, we will run it through Yahoo.

For anyone who does not know, Survival Football is easy. Each week of the NFL season you pick a team to win... don't worry about point spreads or any other silliness, just pick a team to win. If they win, you survive and advance to next week. There is one catch, you cannot pick the same team twice. So, use that Patriots pick wisely! If you manage to survive until week 8 or 10, it starts to get pretty tough if you cannot use any good teams any more. Finding that one week where you feel really, really good about a middle tier team winning a game can be key to a successful Survivor season.

We will again have 2 contests... 1 in which as soon as you miss one game, you are out; and one where you get a mulligan... it takes 2 strikes for you to be eliminated.

Perfect picks: Group 1, #16179 - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...&password=Duke
    1-Strike picks: Group 2, #15953 - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...&password=Duke

The password for both groups is: Duke

Hurry up and sign up!! Anyone recall who the winners were last year?

-Jason "post here or PM me if you have any questions or issues" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Thanks to highlander for reminding me... it is time for our annual survival football contest. As always, we will run it through Yahoo.

For anyone who does not know, Survival Football is easy. Each week of the NFL season you pick a team to win... don't worry about point spreads or any other silliness, just pick a team to win. If they win, you survive and advance to next week. There is one catch, you cannot pick the same team twice. So, use that Patriots pick wisely! If you manage to survive until week 8 or 10, it starts to get pretty tough if you cannot use any good teams any more. Finding that one week where you feel really, really good about a middle tier team winning a game can be key to a successful Survivor season.

We will again have 2 contests... 1 in which as soon as you miss one game, you are out; and one where you get a mulligan... it takes 2 strikes for you to be eliminated.

Perfect picks: Group 1, #16179 - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...&password=Duke
    1-Strike picks: Group 2, #15953 - https://football.fantasysports.yahoo...&password=Duke

The password for both groups is: Duke

Hurry up and sign up!! Anyone recall who the winners were last year?

-Jason "post here or PM me if you have any questions or issues" Evans
    Oh, I almost forgot... when you pick a name for your picks, please use a name that will be recognizable to all of us. This is only fun if we all know who we are. Either use your posting name somewhere in your pick name or post a note here telling us who you are. For example, I am Jason's Picks of Perfection and Jason's Almost Perfect Picks.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

For anyone who does not know, Survival Football is easy.
    Speak for yourself! My survival rate is on a decidedly downward trend since I first started playing.

Of course, several of my flame-outs should be laid at the feet of my belief in the Chargers, misbegotten though that belief might have been.

Anyone recall who the winners were last year?
    Bob Green
    Bob Green

I'm in. "Statler" in the no-strikes group, and "Waldorf" in the 1-strike group.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm in. "Statler" in the no-strikes group, and "Waldorf" in the 1-strike group.
    S: Those names aren't half bad.

W: Nope. They're all bad!

Thanks Jason. Hoping to improve on last year's week 2 exit and 0-3 finish.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    S: Those names aren't half bad.

W: Nope. They're all bad!
    n'dOOOH ho ho ho ho!
    SW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    n'dOOOH ho ho ho ho!
    SW.jpg
    I've seen detergents that leave a better film than this!

I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Of course, several of my flame-outs should be laid at the feet of my belief in the Chargers, misbegotten though that belief might have been.
    Fortunately, sensible people now all hate the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    Fortunately, sensible people now all hate the Rams.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Bob Green
    Hmmm, I would think that Bob Green would be able to remember that Bob Green won. Cracked me up for some reason. I may need more sleep.

I'm in both pools (for at least 1 and 2 weeks). Thanks for setting them up Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS View Post
    Fortunately, sensible people now and forever all hate the Cowboys and UNCheat.
    I fixed it for real.

I'm in. I think you can figure out which one - but I doubt I'll stick around long. I think I've been on the same downward trend as Cato.

When I made my picks this am, a part of me wanted to take the Chiefs. I caved to the fear of laughter if I did it. With under 3 left, Chiefs are up by 15. However, the chefs could still show up.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    When I made my picks this am, a part of me wanted to take the Chiefs. I caved to the fear of laughter if I did it. With under 3 left, Chiefs are up by 15. However, the chefs could still show up.
    Th chefs did not show. Pats won Super Bowls 3 times while losing first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Doh! I changed my pick from the Pats to another game in my ESPN eliminator but forgot to do it in the Yahoo one. So I am out. Oh well. There is always next year. And I guess the one-strike league. And my ESPN.

Crash and Burn

There will be no repeat champion in 2017 because I am eliminated in Week 1.

So, use that Patriots pick wisely!
    I failed to listen to solid advice from JE.
    Bob Green

The rule in Survival football is not pick the good teams, it is pick against the bad teams. I can't believe several of you went out by picking against the Chiefs. They went 12-4 last year and most folks consider them one of the 10 best teams in the NFL. You picked against one of the top teams in the league!??! What were you thinking?

San Fran, LA Rams, Chicago, Cleveland, the Jets, and Jacksonville... that is who you should be picking against. For example, I have picked against the Browns this week (Pitt to win). If you ever catch me picking against a team that is any threat to go even .500 on the season, please shoot me.

-Jason "now, watch the Browns win..." Evans