Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It would be interesting if you gave 2 points each week to teams that win their head-to-head and 1 bonus point to each team that is among the top xx scoring teams each week (top 3 in 8 team leagues, top 4 in 10 team leagues, top 5 in 12 team leagues). That way, if you finished 2nd or 3rd in points but lost your game, you would still get some kind of positive result out of the week. It would also mean that the team that found a way to squeak out a win by scoring the 7th or 8th most points (but playing the team in 10th) would only get a limited positive result.
    In our head-to-head league, we play against two opponents every week. That way if you have a great point total but still lose a match, you'll probably win the other. And vice versa for teams with crappy scores being able to eke out a win against somebody whose total was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    In our head-to-head league, we play against two opponents every week. That way if you have a great point total but still lose a match, you'll probably win the other. And vice versa for teams with crappy scores being able to eke out a win against somebody whose total was worse.
    That is brilliant! How do you set that up? What website do you use? I generally use on ESPN or Yahoo.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Well, barring a miracle, my 12-team PPR league's team is done. We ran into a buzzsaw yesterday, facing Rivers/Gurley, M Thomas, etc. We'll probably end up losing by 20 or so unless Kenyan Drake and Rex Burkhead both have absolutely massive games. I just suffered too many injuries (DJ, Cook, Carson, Jordan Reed, Deshaun Watson, Aaron Jones) and had bad trade luck (traded Cousins right before Watson got hurt; traded Fitz for Aaron Jones the week before Jones got hurt). Still, for a first time playing in a PPR league, I'm not too disappointed in my performance: 4th overall in the regular season.

I'm in the semifinals of my work league, with a really good squad. I'm second in total points, with the possibility of adding Aaron Rodgers to the mix.

In my favorite league, I'm in the consolation bracket. I'm annoyed because I missed the playoffs by 3 points, but I feel like that team would have won the league had they gotten in. We're going to post the high score for this week, and will have a chance to add Rodgers next week as well.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their first week in the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    That is brilliant! How do you set that up? What website do you use? I generally use on ESPN or Yahoo.
    We use CBS Sportsline, in a "commissioner"-type league (whatever that is). There are some problems with the website, and their injury updates and "expert" advice are laughable, but you know that going in.

After a (much needed) bye, I start my championship run this week. Finished in first place with the most points scored but am in strength of schedule hell for wide receivers. I'm going with Kirk Cousins over Alex Smith although neither gives me much confidence...and basically throwing darts with receivers:

Starting:
    Tyreek Hill

Jamison Crowder (live by the Redskins, die by the Redskins?)

Marquis Goodwin (just picked him up, hoping for that first TD)

Benched:
    TY Hilton (with matchups against Denver this week and Baltimore in the fantasy finals am I crazy to drop him for Dede Westbrook who has some cake matchups? Hilton could blow the top off at any time but how do you trust him?)

Robby Anderson (Sorry Bryce Petty)

Stefon Diggs (Starting Jerrick McKinnon at my flex over Diggs, not sure how I feel about it)

Sterling Shepard

Really tempted to drop Hilton and/or Tevin Coleman for Dede Westbrook, Rex Burkhead, and/or Frank Gore

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    After a (much needed) bye, I start my championship run this week. Finished in first place with the most points scored but am in strength of schedule hell for wide receivers. I'm going with Kirk Cousins over Alex Smith although neither gives me much confidence...and basically throwing darts with receivers:

Starting:
    Tyreek Hill

Benched:
    TY Hilton (with matchups against Denver this week and Baltimore in the fantasy finals am I crazy to drop him for Dede Westbrook who has some cake matchups? Hilton could blow the top off at any time but how do you trust him?)

Stefon Diggs (Starting Jerrick McKinnon at my flex over Diggs, not sure how I feel about it)

Sterling Shepard

Really tempted to drop Hilton and/or Tevin Coleman for Dede Westbrook, Rex Burkhead, and/or Frank Gore
    I would definitely drop Coleman for Burkhead. I'd seriously consider dropping Hilton for Westbrook. The only concern is that Marqise Lee will still take a healthy share of the catches there, and Jacksonville wants to run a lot.

Starting:
    Tyreek Hill

Benched:

Sterling Shepard

Last year when Bryce Petty played he only threw to Robby Anderson... it's what started the Anderson "hype" train. I wouldn't start Tyreek since he is playing at home but that's just the formula I've been following for him all year
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Anyone else make it to the finals (or still in the running if you go until week 17)? My teams are falling apart but still have a shot!

Anyone else make it to the finals (or still in the running if you go until week 17)? My teams are falling apart but still have a shot!
    One of my leagues goes through week 17 (hope we change that next year) and it's one of my best teams. I got 2 championships today I'm in and the others all lost last week.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

So I played in my league's Toilet Bowl (7th place game) for a few pity dollars. I needed Big Ben to have a solid showing tonight, which he did. But then they pulled him in the 4th qtr. And I lost by 0.57 points. What a crazy end to an awful, injury riddled season.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

In one of my leagues, I should win the championship later tonight. I have 103-72 lead with Nick Foles left to play for me and Alshon Jeffries for him. He'd have to catch 3 half-back option TD's to come close. In my other league, I was the first team out of the playoffs. Top 5 teams make the playoffs and the last playoff spot goes to whoever is not in the top 5 but has the most points. I was the #6 team and #6 in scoring and got bumped. The guy that bumped me got killed by 50 points the next week.

Or course, the league I'm going to win tonight is a for free league and the league in which I lost is one that will see the winner take home almost $2000 (and I'll have about $200 to pitch in - we bid on players).

Going into tonight I was tied in my main league...he was done and I had Eliot kicking (had Greg the Leg up until he got injured). Was really sweating when he missed that first FG!