Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All for one

All for one

http://duaa-naming-01.oit.duke.edu/a...-opportunities

"The DBR Softball Dugout Helmet Cubby"

We can do this people.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

You can sponsor/name the windows in Cameron?!?! The windows?? That just seems strange.

But the helmet cubby is a real opportunity!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If I had a spare $100,000 laying around the Wresting locker room would be named "The Stone Cold Steve Austin memorial Wrestling locker room bar and grill."

Because I am eccentric and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    http://duaa-naming-01.oit.duke.edu/a...-opportunities

"The DBR Softball Dugout Helmet Cubby"

We can do this people.
    Wow. This is just the source of hours of fun for me. Some of these are really ridiculous. I think my favorite is the Grassy Knoll at the softball stadium. All that being said, I am surprised that the urinal troughs in Cameron are not on there - those are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I am surprised that the urinal troughs in Cameron are not on there - those are priceless.
    I would buy one, and tell them to put Dean Smith's name on it instead of mine.

Compliance Office is $1 million. Let's start a Go Fund Me to name it The UnCheat Way Memorial Compliance Office.

think we can fund up 250k to rename

Softball Stadium Grassy Knoll Field Level $ 250,000
    the "Inside Job Grassy Knoll" ?
    April 1

Wow, I guess naming rights is the new revenue sport.

Count me out. I already paid Duke a lot of money to put my name on a diploma.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Wow, I guess naming rights is the new revenue sport.

Count me out. I already paid Duke a lot of money to put my name on a diploma.
    I'm surprised renaming the university is not on the list. Would the trustees let Gates purchase the rights to rebrand us as Microsoft U. for a measly $1 Billion?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I'm surprised renaming the university is not on the list. Would the trustees let Gates purchase the rights to rebrand us as Microsoft U. for a measly $1 Billion?
    i mean...not entirely fair given the gates have given a ton of money to the university, and didn't name anything after gates or microsoft.

That said...i would 100% be up for the "Microsoft School of Computer Science" if it meant the CS department could have an actual space with actual classrooms instead of teaching all over the earth.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i mean...not entirely fair given the gates have given a ton of money to the university, and didn't name anything after gates or microsoft.

That said...i would 100% be up for the "Microsoft School of Computer Science" if it meant the CS department could have an actual space with actual classrooms instead of teaching all over the earth.
    Didn't mean to pick on Bill Gates - just appears the university is basically for sale and he appears rich enough to purchase it. I doubt Trump has the cash to pull it off or I would have used that name instead.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Melinda Gates, IIRC, is an '86 Duke grad give or take.

think we can fund up 250k to rename

the "Inside Job Grassy Knoll" ?
    Zapruder Hill?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Zapruder Hill?
    I'm thinking that would be more appropriate here.

Rooftop Film Deck
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I would buy one, and tell them to put Dean Smith's name on it instead of mine.
    I think a commode would be a better choice. You know, just like a dual purpose QB or RB.

I'm thinking that would be more appropriate here.
    Sold!

That said...i would 100% be up for the "Microsoft School of Computer Science" if it meant the CS department could have an actual space with actual classrooms...
    "Wait...classrooms? Watchu talkin' 'bout?" --Ty Lawson
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    What is the difference between a hydration station and a Gatorade station, and how come plain water costs 25K more than Gatorade?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    What is the difference between a hydration station and a Gatorade station, and how come plain water costs 25K more than Gatorade?
    Perhaps it's the Free Range Coastal Water that Rogue uses to brew all their beers.

I reckon this thread was started as a joke, but I think it would actually be awesome if the DBR community bought the helmet cubby. I would chip in.