Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Premier League 2017-2018 (and related stuff)

FA Community Shield match about to start between the Gunners and the Blues. League starts this week. My weekend mornings just got better!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    FA Community Shield match about to start between the Gunners and the Blues. League starts this week. My weekend mornings just got better!
    And an excellent, albeit meaningless, result. COYG

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    COYG
    What do you think of the Sanchez situation? Incredible talent, but it has to be a big nagative in the locker room.

Nice to have the PL back. Makes weekend morning's much more enjoyable.

Not really sure what to make of the contender's yet. May have to wait until the window closes to know for sure. My early money would be on City.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Nice to have the PL back. Makes weekend morning's much more enjoyable.

Not really sure what to make of the contender's yet. May have to wait until the window closes to know for sure. My early money would be on City.
    Especially if they nab Alexis.

Can't believe the league is kicking off tomorrow night (afternoon for me). Not the biggest fan of the Friday night fixtures.

I think the top six teams are pretty set. City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs. What order will they finish in? Not sure. City should be the favorites and I expect Chelsea to take a step back.

Any big transfers left that could shakeup the league outlook? Coutinho to Barca is the first one that comes to mind.

And the Reds get the . . . er . . . nevermind.

None of the top teams have looked convincing so far on the opening weekend. Huddersfield deserve to be on top of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    None of the top teams have looked convincing so far on the opening weekend. Huddersfield deserve to be on top of the table.
    Spoke too soon, but I wasn't expecting West Ham to be so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Spoke too soon, but I wasn't expecting West Ham to be so awful.
    Is Joe Hart really that bad or would much of the blame fall on the West Ham back line? I only saw the last two scores by Man U so I'm not sure of the circumstances of the earlier goals. Ugly for West Ham.
    Tom Mac

Fun first weekend. United looked awfully impressive yesterday. Spurs beat a ten man Newcastle side.

City and Arsenal both managed wins. Liverpool continue to struggle against lower-tier teams. Chelsea had two men sent off and were beaten by Burnley. Most exciting league in the world.

Spurs/Chelsea is the most interesting match on paper next week. City/Everton on Monday shouldn't be too shabby either.

Chelsea take down Spurs 2-1 in the biggest match of the weekend. City/Everton still to come later today.

United cruise to another 4-0 victory, but still haven't played anyone of consequence.

Liverpool bounced back and Stoke, with 28% possession, got the better of Arsenal. The two squads play on Sunday.

Chelsea play Everton next week. Rough two weeks for The Toffees. Spurs play Burnley next Sunday. Keep your eye on that match. Burnley usually play the top squads very well.

Chelsea take down Spurs 2-1 in the biggest match of the weekend. City/Everton still to come later today.

United cruise to another 4-0 victory, but still haven't played anyone of consequence.

Liverpool bounced back and Stoke, with 28% possession, got the better of Arsenal. The two squads play on Sunday.

Chelsea play Everton next week. Rough two weeks for The Toffees. Spurs play Burnley next Sunday. Keep your eye on that match. Burnley usually play the top squads very well.
    Happy to have gotten away from Etihad with a point and no injuries. The Death March continues on Thursday night away to Hajduk Split in the second leg of the Europa League playoff round (we're up 2-0), followed by Chelsea, Spurs, and ManU. Will be happy to come out of that mess with five points out of a possible twelve and a place in the group stage.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The Young Turks have been excited too. Alas, I remember when all I needed for Saturday mornings was Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner. Now, all I have to keep me occupied is my perfectly manicured weed-free lawn.
    "Quality is not an option!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uACoWiQcYNs

this is a funny vid from Duke soccer fans. I love it when they follow the linesman (narrator say it's the ref).
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

International breaks will be the death of me

The two Manchester clubs seem to be in control of the league. Still early days, but they have been quite impressive.

International breaks will be the death of me

The two Manchester clubs seem to be in control of the league. Still early days, but they have been quite impressive.
    Very. And the rumors are that MU will be making a move for Ozil (while Alexis still flirts with City)

Gunners playing better this month after the Liverpool debacle. Early, but perhaps all is not lost at the Emirates (yet)

United has been surprisingly impressive, but they haven't played anybody yet.

As a side note, I'm fascinated by the prospect of the EPL bidding for USA's #10. CP is obviously a fantastic prospect -- and already an accomplished player -- who could really be a big American draw like none before. Making those sorts of marketing plays has always been a United strength, but we'll see. Liverpool might have an edge with Klopp's Dortmund connection, but...

To no surprise, Ronald Koeman was sacked today. Everton have been nothing but disappointing this season.

To no surprise, Ronald Koeman was sacked today. Everton have been nothing but disappointing this season.
    He deserves it for buying Rooney.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc