Thread: Leona Maguire

Leona Maguire

I looked for a generic golf forum, didn't find one ... mods, please move to a more appropriate forum if one exists. Anyway, just want to relay that Leona is 5 under through 31 holes of the British Women's Open and is only 4 back of the lead. She is getting a lot of airplay right now on the Golf Channel.

Thanks for the update.

Should have noticed earlier ... she is wearing her Duke Nike pullover. And the commentators were just now questioning why she had not turned pro yet, and suggesting that education was important to her.

She just missed a five-footer at 16 to drop to 4 under, 5 off the lead.

I am wondering why my trip to St. Andrews did not include a round at Kingsbarns. That course looks awesome.

I've been watching, also, and seeing Duke printed clearly on her pullover looks really, really good.

ricks

Leona finished at 4 under, 5 off the current lead and at least two shots clear of the anticipated cut. She is low amateur to this point.

And I have to say, regarding one of her playing partners ... combination of short skirt and black leggings ... not a good look.

For those who don't follow women's golf in the summer, the reason that Maguire is in the British Open is that she won the British Amateur last month, which was the 2nd time in 3 years that a Duke player has won that tournament (Celine Boutier won it 2 years ago)

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=211629890