Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by royalblue View Post
    Any talk of Shammond brings up that he was 0-3 in final 4 games and I believe went a blistering 3-25 from the field in those games.
    Correct on both counts.

He played only two minutes and didn't take a shot in UNC's 1995 national semifinal game against Arkansas.

He was 1-for-13 (1-for-8 on three-pointers) in their 1997 national semifinal game against Arizona.

In UNC's 1998 national semifinal game against Utah, he improved his overall shooting to 2-for-12, but his three-point shooting was actually worse (1-for-9).

Fortunately for Shammond, his awfulness in that 1998 semifinal game was overshadowed by Makhtar Ndiaye's performance, in which he: (a) scored zero points, (b) fouled out in 14 minutes, (c) spat on an opposing player, and (d) falsely accused the opposing player of using a racial slur, an accusation that he was forced to recant the next day.

Man I miss that guy. He was a walking, breathing trump card for any argument with a Heel fan. I guess if the NCAA does the right thing, "vacated title" could become the new trump card.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Taurean Thompson leaving Syracuse

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...t-the-program/

Not unexpected, he's been a no-show all summer, but still knocks the Cuse down another notch.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...t-the-program/

Not unexpected, he's been a no-show all summer, but still knocks the Cuse down another notch.
    Wow ... huge news.

Thompson was probably going to be Syracuse's second-best player this season. He was their only returning starter.

I do think sophomore guard Tyus Battle is pretty good (he was their top returning scorer).

They also return Frank Howard (16 mpg last season) and Paschal Chukwu (who only appeared in seven games). They have three four-star recruits -- no five stars.

That's it -- it's almost as decimated a roster as Pitt.

I have a lot of respect for Boeheim as a coach, but it's hard to see how he gets this team in the NCAA Tournament ... and if he doesn't, that will be three misses in the last four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I have a lot of respect for Boeheim as a coach, but it's hard to see how he gets this team in the NCAA Tournament ... and if he doesn't, that will be three misses in the last four years.
    "We'll always have Greensboro"

"We have been informed that Taurean is taking a leave of absence from Syracuse University," Boeheim said in a statement to the Post-Standard. "My understanding is he wants to go to school closer to home due to some family health issues."
    Sounds like Thompson is going to attempt to get a transfer waiver so he can be immediately eligible the same way Elliot Williams did. Thompson played his HS ball in New Hamshire but his family is from New Jersey -- talk is that Seton Hall is his preferred school.

-Jason "Kevin Willard (Ralph Willard's son, former longtime Pitino assistant) is head coach at Seton Hall... he's doing a nice job there" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?