Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Get out the cinderblocks...

Some good photos of our guys posted over on Duke Blue Planet

link

So apparently Jack has massive hands.

Duke = iconic = history....

legit
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Gary Trent looks like he's stronger than Grayson, or even Wendell for that matter. Did they just get out of a weight lifting session or something? Gary looks extra-swole.
    Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Gary Trent looks like he's stronger than Grayson, or even Wendell for that matter. Did they just get out of a weight lifting session or something? Gary looks extra-swole.
    Capture.JPG
    My first thought was "folks are going to see these pictures and rev up the 'Gary Trent to play PF' discussions". But then I remembered we only have 3 clear-cut starters on the perimeter as is.

But yeah, he looks jacked.

Ladies and gentlemen... your 2017 starting center!

Concreteblocks.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    My first thought was "folks are going to see these pictures and rev up the 'Gary Trent to play PF' discussions". But then I remembered we only have 3 clear-cut starters on the perimeter as is.

But yeah, he looks jacked.
    He might be a "perimeter player," but I think most of his points are going to be coming in the paint. With a body like that, he needs to develop a post up game. I don't see many college wings who would be able to contain him down low.

He might be a "perimeter player," but I think most of his points are going to be coming in the paint. With a body like that, he needs to develop a post up game. I don't see many college wings who would be able to contain him down low.
    Oh I definitely agree that he's probably going to find a lot of baskets in the paint with his size as a wing.

If we had Frank Jackson, I'd suspect Trent would have wound up playing a fair amount of PF.

I can't imagine why we won't see a whole lot of him at SF (or wing or whatever you want to call it) with Duval and Allen in the (other) two guard spots.
    Bolden, Carter and perhaps Bagley can figure out the big man spots, along with any other Hessians that wander by preseason.

Who needs cinder blocks...

We can use the gothic stones in the background...

https://photos.smugmug.com/201718/72..._2017-16-S.jpg

and Wendell Carter is taller than the entrance to the chapel even when he is sitting down...

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

Concreteblocks.jpg
    Probably too slow? 😋😀😎

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post

Concreteblocks.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Probably too slow? ������
    And too short, but, maybe Cut can make this a good short QB, like, you know, say Thad Lewis or Anthony Boone.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And too short, but, maybe Cut can make this a good short QB, like, you know, say Thad Lewis or Anthony Boone.
    Doesn't have the legs to hustle up and down the court. Just may be a deterrent for the run/gun offense

Utterly meaningless observations (even moreso than most!)

1. Grayson looks as big as sophomore Grayson. That's a good thing. Given how intensely he plays, he needs all the padding he can get!

2. Carter's new tattoo has the potential to look awesome. I only say this to Redick and Winslow, but "take off your shirt!"

3. Gary Trent may need to put the weights down. Assuming we don't get Bagley, Trent will play a few minutes at the 4.

4. Duval doesn't look strong nor athletic (compared to his teammates). I know he is, which is why these pictures are incredibly misleading.

5. Bolden doesn't look any different weight-wise from last year. Kinda hoped he'd put on some weight to bang around.

6. Alex O'Connell no longer looks like he has the body of Brandon Ingram. He put on some serious weight!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    3. Gary Trent may need to put the weights down.
    Haha . . . that made me chuckle. IMO, there definitely is such a thing as "too jacked."

Haha . . . that made me chuckle. IMO, there definitely is such a thing as "too jacked."
    Justice Winslow comes to mind !

4. Duval doesn't look strong nor athletic (compared to his teammates). I know he is, which is why these pictures are incredibly misleading.
    Have to disagree with you there. A thought a few of those pics showed him looking pretty strong and athletic.

They even photoshopped a smile onto Bolden in a couple of the pictures.

Bolden doesn't look any different weight-wise from last year. Kinda hoped he'd put on some weight to bang around.
    6. Alex O'Connell no longer looks like he has the body of Brandon Ingram. He put on some serious weight!
    On the pod with Seth Greenberg, K talked about Bolden losing weight and that being a good thing, so I am guessing that a slim down was what Coach Will Stephens prescribed. I heard that every 5 pounds adds 30 points to defensive IQ and that a 20-30 pound loss means he will not only be in correct position on every rotation but that he'll also protect the rim...I mean like actually protect the rim.

O'Connell has classic freshman hair, the definition of which is that when a senior, said hair will be looked back upon with regret. See: Hill, Grant. Singler, Kyle. Redick, JJ. Other nominees encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    On the pod with Seth Greenberg, K talked about Bolden losing weight and that being a good thing, so I am guessing that a slim down was what Coach Will Stephens prescribed. I heard that every 5 pounds adds 30 points to defensive IQ and that a 20-30 pound loss means he will not only be in correct position on every rotation but that he'll also protect the rim...I mean like actually protect the rim.

O'Connell has classic freshman hair, the definition of which is that when a senior, said hair will be looked back upon with regret. See: Hill, Grant. Singler, Kyle. Redick, JJ. Other nominees encouraged.
    In Singlers case, every hair style will be looked back upon with regret.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club