Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack White

Jack White

Please tell me that the several inch linear area involving Jack's left knee is nothing. Please!

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/888051299614326784
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Please tell me that the several inch linear area involving Jack's left knee is nothing. Please!

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/888051299614326784
    Yeah, pretty sure it's a shadow and nothing to be concerned about.

Wasn't there some word that he had to have his knee(s) drained frequently last year? Or am I dis-remembering. (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Wasn't there some word that he had to have his knee(s) drained frequently last year? Or am I dis-remembering. (Wouldn't be the first time.)
    You're right about the drainage procedures. This video from @DukeMBB from earlier this month shows Jack(best view is at the end of video)with a wrap over his left knee.

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/883363009011253249

He is fine. A seven nation army couldn't hold him back.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If an unstopple Jack White hit an immovable Patrick Davidson what would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Chuck Norris?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    The laws of physics would cease to exist on my stove top.

The laws of physics would cease to exist on my stove top.
    LOL! Way to work a My Cousin Vinny reference into a post. NICE!

I went to a Rolling Stones concert around 2001-2003. We weren't particularly impressed with the guy and girl who were on stage as the opening act so went to have a beer. We laters regretted that decision, but I am glad I will have more chances to see Jack White in the future.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

It looks like a shadow. He probably had Osgood schlaters (I didn't spell check that) disease as an early teen which gives you a pronounced bump in that area.

Jack White's Left Knee

Hate to keep bringing it up, but Jack's left knee wrap keeps resurfacing. Again, hope/pray that it's nothing as he can help us this year.

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/892509272172613634

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Hate to keep bringing it up, but Jack's left knee wrap keeps resurfacing. Again, hope/pray that it's nothing as he can help us this year.

https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/892509272172613634
    Definitely seems to be a thing. But I wouldn't expect White to be an on-court factor this year anyway. Valuable to the team as a practice player though.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Definitely seems to be a thing. But I wouldn't expect White to be an on-court factor this year anyway. Valuable to the team as a practice player though.
    CDu has fired the starting gun for the "Jack White - Red Shirt Vigil".

A bit dismissive this AM, are we, CDu? I could be wrong [gasp!], but I expect Jack White to compete for a spot in the rotation and to play.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    A bit dismissive this AM, are we, CDu? I could be wrong [gasp!], but I expect Jack White to compete for a spot in the rotation and to play.
    I just don't think that White - a sub-200 recruit with apparent knee issues - will beat out either O'Connell or Tucker for backup minutes on the wing. It's not a "this AM" issue. I've made this statement before. I certainly could be wrong as well, but I simply don't think he's going to be an on-court factor this year.

The guy played 10 total minutes in ACC play last year, and I didn't think he looked particularly capable in those minutes. He did look solid in his pre-conference minutes (48 of those) against low-major opponents. And that feels about right for his talent level. I think he'd be a solid player in the America East, CAA, MAAC, Sun Belt, or WAC. I just don't think he'll be a rotation player for an upper-tier ACC team like Duke.

And I don't mean that to be disparaging. Not everyone is destined to be a rotation player at Duke. Heck, DeLaurier was a top-40 recruit, and he didn't sniff the floor last year and is expected to be a backup in the frontcourt rotation this year (and only if we don't get Bagley). With maybe 20 mpg up for grabs as backups on the wing, and with two top-65 recruits in the mix for those minutes, I have real trouble seeing a guy who I view as fringy-at-best at the ACC level being in the rotation.

I just don't think that White - a sub-200 recruit with apparent knee issues - will beat out either O'Connell or Tucker for backup minutes on the wing. It's not a "this AM" issue. I've made this statement before. I certainly could be wrong as well, but I simply don't think he's going to be an on-court factor this year.

The guy played 10 total minutes in ACC play last year, and I didn't think he looked particularly capable in those minutes. He did look solid in his pre-conference minutes (48 of those) against low-major opponents. And that feels about right for his talent level. I think he'd be a solid player in the America East, CAA, MAAC, Sun Belt, or WAC. I just don't think he'll be a rotation player for an upper-tier ACC team like Duke.

And I don't mean that to be disparaging. Not everyone is destined to be a rotation player at Duke. Heck, DeLaurier was a top-40 recruit, and he didn't sniff the floor last year and is expected to be a backup in the frontcourt rotation this year (and only if we don't get Bagley). With maybe 20 mpg up for grabs as backups on the wing, and with two top-65 recruits in the mix for those minutes, I have real trouble seeing a guy who I view as fringy-at-best at the ACC level being in the rotation.
    I think projecting White based on how he looks on the court is fine, but I think the sub-200 ranking should be ignored.

Based on RSCI, it looks like only 247 Sports even attempted to rank him. And that ranking would mostly be guesswork since they never got to see White play against American players from his class.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I think projecting White based on how he looks on the court is fine, but I think the sub-200 ranking should be ignored.

Based on RSCI, it looks like only 247 Sports even attempted to rank him. And that ranking would mostly be guesswork since they never got to see White play against American players from his class.

You're more than welcome to discard his recruiting ranking. Personally, I felt that it aligns with his play on the court. But your mileage may vary.

In either case, I didn't see anything from White last year or in his high school highlights to convince me that he will be competing for minutes next year. I think that he's an undersized PF. In a lower-tier conference, he'd be able to play that stretch-4 role quite nicely. But I don't think he has the size/athleticism to compete at the 4 (at Duke that is, I think he'd be just fine there against lesser competition), and I don't think he is quick enough to defend on the perimeter as a wing.

Here's hoping Jack does not have serious issues and gets better soon.

Like CDu, I do not expect Jack to get much PT this upcoming season. K is not going that deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Here's hoping Jack does not have serious issues and gets better soon.

Like CDu, I do not expect Jack to get much PT this upcoming season. K is not going that deep.
    So who plays the Andre Dawkins role this year? I think there is consensus that Duval, Grayson, and Trent are playing plenty of minutes. But we need a backup guard/wing, especially with two of the three backcourt starters being freshman.

If it's not Jack, then it has to be Tucker. I tend to agree with this, but I really hope Jack challenges Tucker for that spot.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club