Page 94 of 204 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 4071
    ^ Thank you jim.

I do know Hurt said he wanted to go to a school that had a center so he didn’t get stuck at that position. Since I heard that, we landed Carey. NOW, the big question I’m wondering is IF we get Stewart also, could Hurt play the 3? If so, where does Moore get his PT??

The way I see it, we can really only get one of Hurt or Stewart ... now which one would everyone choose if we had our choice??

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    I do know Hurt said he wanted to go to a school that had a center so he didn’t get stuck at that position. Since I heard that, we landed Carey. NOW, the big question I’m wondering is IF we get Stewart also, could Hurt play the 3? If so, where does Moore get his PT??

The way I see it, we can really only get one of Hurt or Stewart ... now which one would everyone choose if we had our choice??
    The one that says yes. I will take that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The Hurt family has been pretty quite and I suspect this is a lot more wide-open than we thought a few months ago.
    Seeing Mr. Sumner commit a typo is like watching LeBron blow a wide open dunk. It happens to even the best of us.

Agree that Hurt seems to be more in play now than over the summer. Not only has Kansas been the presumed favorite but others have written that he is likely to stay in the Midwest. Also when Kentucky lost Wiseman they started ramping up the pressure to land another big (both Hurt and Stewart are in play for them). But there have also been random comments thrown around from some that suggest he is still wide open.
    Last edited by UrinalCake; 12-27-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    The one that says yes. I will take that one.
    X2, or better yet the first one that says YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Seeing Mr. Sumner commit a typo is like watching LeBron blow a wide open dunk. It happens to even the best of us.

Agree that Hurt seems to be more in play now than over the summer. Not only has Kansas been the presumed favorite but others have written that he is likely to stay in the Midwest. Also when Kentucky lost Wiseman they started ramping up the pressure to land another big (both Hurt and Stewart are in play for them). But there have also been random comments thrown around from some that suggest he is still wide open.
    Dog ate my homework.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A free message board is not the place to get high quality insider information on recruiting. But since you asked, Duke has made offers to two remaining players in the Class of 2019:

Isaiah Stewart, a 6'9" forward/center from Rochester, NY playing at LaLumiere Academy in La Porte, IN
    Matthew Hurt, a 6'9" forward/stretch-4 from Rochester, MN

Stewart visited Duke after Thanksgiving, when the team returned from Maui. He seems to have completed his official visits and is mulling his future. Most people believe that he is down to Duke and Michigan State with Washington as a dark horse. His announcement could come at any moment or in several months. He's a bit of a mystery.

Hurt is scheduled to visit Duke in January for the matchup with Virginia on the 19th. The slender sharp-shooter has completed official visits to Kentucky and North Carolina and will also visit Duke before finishing up at Kansas in early February. Most have thought that Hurt is a Jayhawk lean with Kentucky as strong contender for his services.

Besides these two, Anthony Edwards, a strong and talented guard from Atlanta has recently listed Duke among his final schools. The Georgia guard reclassified from the Class of 2020 back to 2019 and plans to attend college next year. Many think that Florida State is the most likely landing place for the young man's services.

All three of Stewart, Hurt, and Edwards are among the top 10 players in the class. Duke has not extended an offer or expressed much interest in others as far as I know.
    I'm appalled to see 2019 recruiting information on the 2019 recruiting board. I certainly didn't come here to read that stuff. This is an outrage! I want minutes! I want BBQ! What happened to the discussion about Jeff Capel!?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Our last two recruits are one each from the Rochesters? What are the odds?
    (about the same that all of Duke's titles come in cities named .....apolis

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm appalled to see 2019 recruiting information on the 2019 recruiting board. I certainly didn't come here to read that stuff. This is an outrage! I want minutes! I want BBQ! What happened to the discussion about Jeff Capel!?
    I just read your post and am laughing out loud. People are looking at me funny. I don’t care.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Our last two recruits are one each from the Rochesters? What are the odds?
    (about the same that all of Duke's titles come in cities named ....apolis
    I did travel on business once to Rochester MN when my colleague's luggage went to Rochester NY. I traveled many, many times to Rochester NY on business, but my luggage never went to Rochester MN.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

The Hurt family has been pretty quite

You failed to read the implied comma, Jim thinks the Hurt family has been quite pretty. A relevant recruiting fact, given the amount of camera time the players' families receive at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I did travel on business once to Rochester MN when my colleague's luggage went to Rochester NY. I traveled many, many times to Rochester NY on business, but my luggage never went to Rochester MN.
    I live in Rochester MI. I sense a Jack Benny joke o'er the horizon.

Hurt’s so good.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Hurt’s so good.
    But can he Stewart in a new era of Duke Basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    But can he Stewart in a new era of Duke Basketball?
    Should Duke look to the Book of Isaiah or the Book of Matthew?

Just catching up now. Man, a long discussion about recruiting without mentioning two of the biggest factors in Duke's success: (1) USA Basketball and (2) Duke's domination relative to other programs in use of social media (e.g. @DukeMBB, Duke Blue Planet) to get our message out.

You guys all saw that Lebron recently made a social media post showing his son in a Duke jersey accompanied by text hoping that his son will get a chance to be coached by Coach K? That moves needles, folks, including the needles of many, many high school recruits who follow Lebron's social media postings.

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    There are many reasons why I don’t follow recruiting that closely. This thread is one example. I just would like to know what our recruiting situation looks like. Who do we have in the bag? Who else is on the radar. Just names and positions will suffice.
    In addition to all the great updates that have been posted in reply to your post, I would like to add (and I'm good at reading recruiting tea leaves) that Duke hasn't made any movement towards finding a 2019 point guard (perhaps because the best ones have all either committed or crossed Duke off their lists) or in trying to reclassify a 2020 PG to 2019. Yet. Maybe things will change.

But there's a decent chance Wendell Moore is not Duke's SF next season but Duke's starting PG.

The way I see it, we can really only get one of Hurt or Stewart
    ... now which one would everyone choose if we had our choice??
    I think you are correct. It's either Stewart OR Hurt (and I prefer Hurt myself). As for "who plays the 3," I suspect Jack White will play SF full-time (and be the starter at that position) if we land Stewart or Hurt.

Wendell Moore might be our primary playmaker on the perimeter next season (and we'll see how that goes), and his length and reported good defensive chops might very well be put to use to guard the opposing team's PG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    But there's a decent chance Wendell Moore is not Duke's SF next season but Duke's starting PG.
    It's working for Justise Winslow in Miami. Why not try a positonless forward at PG who can defend any position 1-4?

I have been coming to terms with the possibility that Duke might be forced into a few unusual situations next year. One might be relying on a point-guard-by-committee approach. Even if Boogie Ellis is in the lineup, he might be better suited off the ball, stretching the defense and serving as a secondary playmaker. If we really want to spread it out, we could see Ellis, Moore, O'Connell, White, and Carey at times. Or take out Ellis and sub in DeLaurier to go really big. O'Connell handles the ball well enough that he could serve as a safety valve when the other team opts to press.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    It's working for Justise Winslow in Miami. Why not try a positonless forward at PG who can defend any position 1-4?

I have been coming to terms with the possibility that Duke might be forced into a few unusual situations next year. One might be relying on a point-guard-by-committee approach. Even if Boogie Ellis is in the lineup, he might be better suited off the ball, stretching the defense and serving as a secondary playmaker. If we really want to spread it out, we could see Ellis, Moore, O'Connell, White, and Carey at times. Or take out Ellis and sub in DeLaurier to go really big. O'Connell handles the ball well enough that he could serve as a safety valve when the other team opts to press.
    Don't leave out Goldwire. He doesn't contribute a lot offensively, but he hustles and is an adequate on-ball defender.

Per Twitter, Anthony Edwards has cut his list to 5 and we are not on it.

Not sure if we were ever really a possibility, but it looks like PG debate/panic will continue.

Also, he did the obligatory move of leaving the CHeats on his list just so he can disappoint their fans when he announces for somebody else. Props for that.

Per Twitter, Anthony Edwards has cut his list to 5 and we are not on it.

Not sure if we were ever really a possibility, but it looks like PG debate/panic will continue.

Also, he did the obligatory move of leaving the CHeats on his list just so he can disappoint their fans when he announces for somebody else. Props for that.
    I guess he’s lost that loving feeling. I hate it when he does that.

https://youtu.be/PLzVbz2HHzo