Page 74 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    White is articulate and thoughtful. And he speaks Aussie.
    And I am sure likes to cook on the barbie.

Jack White

He was interviewed after his breakout performance in an ACC game last year, against WF or ND, I think. His reaction when they asked him to speak with the sideline reporter was priceless.

But he was a good interview.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Yes, people have. He was in the DBP video after the game last night.
    Jack is prominently featured in most of the Duke Blue Planet videos.

This one is hot off the presses
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bHQmR8LmPM

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

Thanks - I watched it. Question answered!
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Linky-link

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    He was interviewed after his breakout performance in an ACC game last year, against WF or ND, I think. His reaction when they asked him to speak with the sideline reporter was priceless.

But he was a good interview.
    Here's a link to a story about him being interviewed last year:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...house-win-over

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

They should add subtitles in English ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    They did a movie series about him. They call him Crocodile Dundee White !

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Pardon me, but I speak jive.

I can't remember - is this the 2019 Recruiting thread, the Jack White thread or the Best Airplane Quotes thread?
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    I can't remember - is this the 2019 Recruiting thread, the Jack White thread or the Best Airplane Quotes thread?
    Shirley you can’t be serious with a question like that.

(Sorry, just couldn’t resist)
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    You picked a bad day to check the 2019 recruiting thread...
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

When does the Bronnie James recruiting thread start ? Seems his dad LaBron already got the ball rolling !

LeBron Jr. to Duke, maybe, in four years. I guess that starts a 2022, or 2023 recruiting thread so people can discuss lawn mowers and whether Pluto is a planet or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    LeBron Jr. to Duke, maybe, in four years. I guess that starts a 2022, or 2023 recruiting thread so people can discuss lawn mowers and whether Pluto is a planet or not.
    Pluto is not anthropomorphic and his girlfriend is named Dinah Dachshund ! YES, a bad day to check recruiting. But a good day to read the comics !

“That’s not a knife, now That’s a knife.” I’m fluent too!
    The ceiling is the roof

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    He really is. Fortunately, he has little if any ego. I'm sure he'd be good with coming off the bench, like Nate James did at the end of his senior season.
    I think Jack would be okay with that, too, but I have a feeling Duke will want Jack's leadership in the starting lineup next season. (The 2001 team's cup obviously runneth over with leadership already with Battier in there). That said, Jack could play the 3 if we happen to land, say, Hurt and Carey even though I think Jack's best position is probably the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by loaded question View Post
    Marques- The kid is the most passive player at Duke since Miles Plumlee. Its kinda why I prefer Stewart over Carey.
    I used to think this way, too. Probably even wrote it somewhere in this thread. But now that 2019 recruiting isn't off to an amazing start (although obviously I am happy to have Moore and Ellis in the truck) and with Tre Jones looking like a first-rounder, I think we have to try for star power. Stewart is the "safer" / higher-floor player because of his motor, but Carey seems more talented to me, with more range on his shot and more fluidity with his moves going to the basket. With next year's team shaping up to be one that has a ton of great role players but not enough scoring/star power yet, I'll take Carey and his higher ceiling.

Counterpoint: maybe I only now feel that way because we seem to have a better chance with Carey, and I've talked myself into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    When does the Bronnie James recruiting thread start ? Seems his dad LaBron already got the ball rolling !
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilFalcon View Post
    This reminded me of one of Coach K's preseason pressers in which he doubted that the NBA OAD rule will go away. He said that the OAD rule is great for the NBA owners.

Now, here's Lebron implicitly casting doubt on OAD going away as well. (That, or he doesn't project his son to be OAD, or perhaps I'm reading too much into social media postings). I'd like to see a poll of major power players in basketball (coaches like Coach K, superstars like Lebron, power agents, GMs, owners, etc) and see how seriously people are taking the possibility of OAD going away. It'd be funny if it were just college basketball fans that think it's really going to go away.

Carey says he’ll announce in the next two weeks. After seeing what Zion is doing I would think we’re in good shape - Carey is listed at 6’10 275 and plays all over the court, so kind of like a bigger (or maybe smaller?) version of Zion. But who knows.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ion-125618499/

A couple of Vernon Carey, Jr. updates.

Fresh off the shellacking in Ann Arbor, Roy Williams and staff made a trip down to southern Florida to meet with Carey.

In other news, the Detroit Free Press ran an update on Carey, Jr. and had a couple of nuggets to share. It is a very Michigan-focused article, as one might expect.
    1) While Carey, Jr. has settled on a Final 3 schools, he is really deciding between 2 at the moment.
    2) He expects to make a decision within the next 2 weeks.

From everything I have heard, Duke and Michigan State are considered the top two choices for the talented big man. Corey Evans of Rivals had an article earlier today about the status of the remaining top 25 recruits and where he thinks they will go. He predicted Carey to Duke (and Isaiah Stewart to Washington).

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Carey says he’ll announce in the next two weeks. After seeing what Zion is doing I would think we’re in good shape - Carey is listed at 6’10 275 and plays all over the court, so kind of like a bigger (or maybe smaller?) version of Zion. But who knows.

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ion-125618499/
    I just linked an article from the Detroit Free Press above that notes that Carey has lost 15 pounds since the summer and is targeting playing closer to 250 by the time he makes it to college/the NBA. I would hope that Duke shows video of Wendell Carter, Jr., who was a similar size to Carey in high school and is absolutely shredded now in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    1) While Carey, Jr. has settled on a Final 3 schools, he is really deciding between 2 at the moment.
    I hope I don’t wind up eating these words, but it looks like UNC is only there for window dressing. I guess Roy’s selling point would be that they REEEEALLY need help inside right now. But anyone who has watched them knows that Carey would be chained to the post if he went there, assuming Roy lets him off the bench.

Surprising to see Washington as the pick for Stewart. I figured between him and Carey, Duke and MSU would each get one.

Also, is Jaren Jackson really the guy you want recruiting for you if you’re MSU? They played him out of position at the 4, and were criticized for this when the combine rolled around and everyone saw Jackson’s skills.