Page 53 of 204 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4071
  1. #1041
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I've seen him listed as a small forward just about everywhere. He's known as a tough kid who plays extremely hard and excels on the defensive end of the floor. However, his 6'11" wingspan should allow him to guard multiple positions.

    Maybe a Chris Carrawell type of player?
    Carrawell is a good physical comparison for Wendell Moore. At the 2000 NBA pre-draft camps, C-Well measured at 6'6" without shoes and a 6'10" wingspan. Moore was measured a little shorter during the summer of 2017, but he has a long wingspan just shy of 7'. More recently, I've seen Moore listed at 6'5" or 6'6" tall. With that height and wingspan, he will be able to defend shooting guards and some if not most forwards. As they say, you are the position that you can defend. On offense, reports indicate that he has a versatile skillset. He can shoot it reasonably well, handles and faciliates reasonably well, and can finish at the rim. He might be a frequent member of the Glue Guy watch lists.

  2. #1042
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Yeah, but they can change their pick any time, right? And they havenít.
    The most meaningful aspect of the Crystal Ball (for me) is watching any activity that occurs in the 24 hours prior to an announcement. That is more useful than the actual final percentages.

  3. #1043
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Carrawell is a good physical comparison for Wendell Moore. At the 2000 NBA pre-draft camps, C-Well measured at 6'6" without shoes and a 6'10" wingspan. Moore was measured a little shorter during the summer of 2017, but he has a long wingspan just shy of 7'. More recently, I've seen Moore listed at 6'5" or 6'6" tall. With that height and wingspan, he will be able to defend shooting guards and some if not most forwards. As they say, you are the position that you can defend. On offense, reports indicate that he has a versatile skillset. He can shoot it reasonably well, handles and faciliates reasonably well, and can finish at the rim. He might be a frequent member of the Glue Guy watch lists.
    Speaking of Carrawell, his son plays at Cox Mill with Wendell Moore. It would be cool if we could offer him a spot as a walk-on similar to J-Rob. He is ranked in the top 300 according to 247 and holds offers from App State, ECU, Elon, FAU and a few others.
    Last edited by mattman91; 10-08-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #1044
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Atlanta
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Speaking of Carrawell, his son plays at Cox Mill with Wendell Moore. It would be cool if we could offer him a spot as a walk-on similar to J-Rob. He is ranked in the top 300 according to 247 and holds offers from App State, ECU, Elon, FAU and a few others.
    Don't children of Duke Faculty get free tuition? Does an assistant coach qualify as Faculty? Carrawell's son might be able to go tuition-free without using a basketball scholarship.

  5. #1045
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Don't children of Duke Faculty get free tuition? Does an assistant coach qualify as Faculty? Carrawell's son might be able to go tuition-free without using a basketball scholarship.
    That continues to be true for those employees hired before 1975. Lessee... an asistant professor hired at age 26 in 1975 would now be 69 years old.

    The program now is fairly general and less remunerative, as the link show and applies to education expenses incurred at any school. The semester deductible is higher than state school tuition in NC, so Duke is not giving scholarship assistance to children of staff attending UNC (or State).

    The Childrenís Tuition Grant Program provides a grant for undergraduate tuition expenses incurred by children of eligible employees for full-time study at any accredited college or university.

    The amount of the tuition grant is up to 75% of the weighted average of Dukeís tuition, after applying a deductible. Each eligible employee may receive up to a maximum of 16 semesters of tuition assistance, no more than eight of which may be used by any one child.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  6. #1046
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Speaking of Carrawell, his son plays at Cox Mill with Wendell Moore. It would be cool if we could offer him a spot as a walk-on similar to J-Rob. He is ranked in the top 300 according to 247 and holds offers from App State, ECU, Elon, FAU and a few others.
    I assume thatís him in the YouTube video with the hyphenated last name. If so, they appear to be close friends.

  7. #1047
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Don't children of Duke Faculty get free tuition? Does an assistant coach qualify as Faculty? Carrawell's son might be able to go tuition-free without using a basketball scholarship.
    That would have to break some kind of NCAA rule I'm sure
    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  8. #1048
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    What a great kid! I will be rooting for him no matter where he goes to school.
    He does look like a great kid, but I will most definitely NOT be rooting for him if he goes to UNC-CHeat. You are a better man than me 8-).

  9. #1049
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    He does look like a great kid, but I will most definitely NOT be rooting for him if he goes to UNC-CHeat. You are a better man than me 8-).
    Yea, put me in the ABc category, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  10. #1050
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    He does look like a great kid, but I will most definitely NOT be rooting for him if he goes to UNC-CHeat. You are a better man than me 8-).
    Not my idea of a better man.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    He does look like a great kid, but I will most definitely NOT be rooting for him if he goes to UNC-CHeat. You are a better man than me 8-).
    when his mom started mentioning academics, i figured that ruled the cheats out

  12. #1052
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    when his mom started mentioning academics, i figured that ruled the cheats out
    He could always pick up some real courses at Durham Technical Community College. Still, no real classes in chapel hill.

  13. #1053
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    What time is his announcement?

  14. #1054
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    What time is his announcement?
    Must be 6 PM as Jason Evans is making his prediction at 7 PM.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  15. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    What time is his announcement?
    i believe it's 7pm. if you check out the end of the youtube link about his decision further back in this thread, it tells you where you can watch it live.

  16. #1056
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    What time is his announcement?
    Coverage starts at 6:30. Some announcements take longer than others.

  17. #1057
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Must be 6 PM as Jason Evans is making his prediction at 7 PM.

    Cruel !!!!!

  18. #1058

    things change...

    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Not my idea of a better man.
    IMHO, we have seen some seemingly good young men go to that school, imbibe that culture, and become the sort we don't want at Duke. In K's program, some of those would have grown in a different route. Of course, this comment does not apply to the majority. And, in some cases, we might have been wrong about the "seemingly good" part.

  19. #1059
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Derm
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Coverage starts at 6:30. Some announcements take longer than others.
    Where can I see the coverage, thanks

  20. #1060
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by kcduke75 View Post
    Where can I see the coverage, thanks
    As far as I can tell, live streaming on this Facebook page.

    Maybe.

    - Chillin

Similar Threads

  1. MBB 2019 Recruiting Thread
    By BD80 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 02:57 PM
  2. New take on recruiting... USA Basketball style?
    By Kyrie'sToe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
  3. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
  4. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •