Page 4 of 204 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Multiple reports out there that Duke has offered 2019 5-Star guard Bryan Antoine. I'm not overly familiar with his game, but it appears that he is a good shooter, fairly athletic, and considered a top 10 players in his class. He plays alongside another top 10 guard, Scottie Lewis. The two are from New Jersey. It's not clear if Lewis is also a target of Duke at this point in time.
    Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 2h2 hours ago
    Sean Miller, Coach K, Wright, Calipari, Willard, Kansas, Lville, Rutgers among those on hand for 5-star 2019s Bryan Antoine/Scottie Lewis

Evan FloodVerified account @Evan_Flood 1h1 hour ago
    Greg Gard, Roy Williams, Coach K, John Calipari, more watching @adidasD1MN 2019 SF Matt Hurt. #adidasUprising

Ryan James‏ @RyanJamesMN 22m22 minutes ago
    Race Thompson scored 23 on 8 of 11 shots, made all 6 FTs. Matthew Hurt had 11/10 in front of Richard Pitino, Coach K, Roy Williams,Bill Self

(Self and Coach K talking)

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Evan FloodVerified account @Evan_Flood 1h1 hour ago
    Greg Gard, Roy Williams, Coach K, John Calipari, more watching @adidasD1MN 2019 SF Matt Hurt. #adidasUprising

Ryan James‏ @RyanJamesMN 22m22 minutes ago
    Race Thompson scored 23 on 8 of 11 shots, made all 6 FTs. Matthew Hurt had 11/10 in front of Richard Pitino, Coach K, Roy Williams,Bill Self

(Self and Coach K talking)

Is it me or do the ankles look better? haha

Fun night for Coach K, he also took time to watch a game with Shaq.

DFtqx21VwAITfRY.jpg

(Coach K is on the right)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Fun night for Coach K, he also took time to watch a game with Shaq.

DFtqx21VwAITfRY.jpg

(Coach K is on the right)
    Thanks for the clarification! I was super confused for a moment ;-)

New Offer: Scottie Lewis

And just like that, Duke has extended an offer to 2019 SF/SG Scottie Lewis. Lewis is the teammate of SG Bryan Antoine, who very recently received an offer of his own. The pair of them are among the Top 10 in the class. It's not clear that they intend to play together in college, but they haven't ruled it out, either. Here's Adam Zagoria's article on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    And just like that, Duke has extended an offer to 2019 SF/SG Scottie Lewis. Lewis is the teammate of SG Bryan Antoine, who very recently received an offer of his own. The pair of them are among the Top 10 in the class. It's not clear that they intend to play together in college, but they haven't ruled it out, either. Here's Adam Zagoria's article on the offer.
    Lewis looks like a Duke kid. Hope he decides to come.

Two Big Offers: Vernon Carey and Armando Bacot

Duke extended two offers yesterday to members of the class of 2019, Vernon Carey, Jr. (#1 in 247Sports) and Armando Bacot (Top 30).

Carey, a 6'9" forward form Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, is a big boy for a rising junior. He clocks in at 245 pounds but wears his weight well. The lefty appears to be a complete package: athletic, good post moves, shooting range out to the 3-point line, etc. Here's a highlight video displaying a variety of his skills:

Bacot, a 6-10" forward from Richmond, Virginia, appears to be more of a traditional post player. He's planted near the hoop most often and displays a variety of back-to-the-basket moves and counters to score. He appears to be very high on Duke, which is nice. Follow this link to see video clips of Bacot from the NBPA Top 100 camp over the summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC3SkpdiaIM

The two forwards join other recruits in the Class of 2019, guards Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis and small forward Matthew Hurt. Bacot, no slouch of a recruit in his own right, is the first guy outside of the Top 10 that Duke has offered. I remember opining a few months ago in the 2018 thread that Duke might have been adjusting it's recruiting strategy to target guys in the 11-50 range to have a more stable roster of 2-4 year players. Boy was I wrong! Duke continues its trend of targeting the best in the class every year.

Rivals has put out their new top 150 rankings for the class of 2019:
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Rivals has put out their new top 150 rankings for the class of 2019:
    This is the link for 2019.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

so, does LaMelo's shoe make him ineligible?

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    so, does LaMelo's shoe make him ineligible?
    LaVar doesn't care: "The NCAA is not my boss":

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...aa-not-my-boss

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    LaVar doesn't care: "The NCAA is not my boss":

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...aa-not-my-boss
    I'm betting Melo plays overseas... perhaps China.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Lewis looks like a Duke kid. Hope he decides to come.
    What does, " look like a Duke kid ", mean? Not sure what that is.Did Harry Giles, Jason Tatum, Austin Rivers, Justin Winslow, Kyrie Irving, Okafor, Jones , Parker , " look like Duke kids "?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonDave View Post
    What does, " look like a Duke kid ", mean? Not sure what that is.Did Harry Giles, Jason Tatum, Austin Rivers, Justin Winslow, Kyrie Irving, Okafor, Jones , Parker , " look like Duke kids "?
    You don't sound like you know much about Duke kids or Duke in general. Perhaps a history lesson is in order. Here is a sampling of some former Duke kids. You may get a hint, but unless you watched them play and watched how well they represented Duke as people I don't know if you will get it. Anyway it's a start.

Just follow the links.

Dick Groat

Gene Banks

Mike Gminski

Jim Sparnakel

Grant Hill

Steve Wojciechowski

Nate James

Shane Battier

Tyler Thornton

Amile Jefferson

Gotta agree with you on that "Justin" Winslow kid, however. He was definitely not a Duke kid.😜

ricks

Now that I've seen a few of your posts, I'll be curious to see how your DBR persona develops. I'm certainly not going to call you a troll, but I think you qualify as a contrarian.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    You don't sound like you know much about Duke kids or Duke in general. Perhaps a history lesson is in order. Here is a sampling of some former Duke kids. You may get a hint, but unless you watched them play and watched how well they represented Duke as people I don't know if you will get it. Anyway it's a start.

Just follow the links.

Once you've finished the homework. You can take the quick quiz below. It's fun.

Dick Groat
    How many times was Dick Groat honored as an all-american at Duke?

Gene Banks
    What Was Gene Banks's nickname?

Mike Gminski
    How old was Mike Gminski when he matriculated at Duke?

Jim Sparnakel
    Why hasn't Jim Sparnakel's jersey been retired?

Grant Hill
    Grant Hill was on the throwing end and the receiving end of two legendary pass plays in the NCAA tournament. Can you describe them?

Steve Wojciechowski
    Spell "Wojciechowski."

Nate James
    Fill in the blank. Nate James was a bad _____.

Shane Battier
    Describe one awesome defensive play made by Shane Battier. Too easy? Go for three.

Tyler Thornton
    A three point shot from the corner while falling down. Where?

Amile Jefferson
    Name one time when Amile Jefferson didn't give everything he had for the team.
    And away we go.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Now that I've seen a few of your posts, I'll be curious to see how your DBR persona develops. I'm certainly not going to call you a troll, but I think you qualify as a contrarian.
    Chucktown Dave is not a troll. I've never met him, as far as I know, but we have Low Country living in common so I usually take note of his posts. I think it's interesting to ponder what a "Duke Kid" actually is. Depending on how you feel about Duke it has meant either studious or white and bratty. I'm not sure either is, or was, accurate. Duke is recruiting and landing the best recruits. I don't see a difference between Duke and UNC as far as who they recruit except that Duke is landing way more of the top guys lately. For the OAD guys, academics really doesn't matter these days. Maybe Duke has a different philosophy or possibly K is recruiting same type guys the's always recruited but with better success. Maybe in the past some guys were intimidated by Duke's perceived academic rigor but now they're not. Duke recruited Chris Weber but Jalen Rose believed that Coach K would not have recruited a kid from the inner city like himself. I think Jalen Rose could certainly get a Duke offer today but I'm not sure anything has actually changed except that getting a top PG today means you need to get another one next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Chucktown Dave is not a troll. I've never met him, as far as I know, but we have Low Country living in common so I usually take note of his posts. I think it's interesting to ponder what a "Duke Kid" actually is. Depending on how you feel about Duke it has meant either studious or white and bratty. I'm not sure either is, or was, accurate. Duke is recruiting and landing the best recruits. I don't see a difference between Duke and UNC as far as who they recruit except that Duke is landing way more of the top guys lately. For the OAD guys, academics really doesn't matter these days. Maybe Duke has a different philosophy or possibly K is recruiting same type guys the's always recruited but with better success. Maybe in the past some guys were intimidated by Duke's perceived academic rigor but now they're not. Duke recruited Chris Weber but Jalen Rose believed that Coach K would not have recruited a kid from the inner city like himself. I think Jalen Rose could certainly get a Duke offer today but I'm not sure anything has actually changed except that getting a top PG today means you need to get another one next year.
    So you're saying I should have just thanked him for the good laugh, period?? !!!