Page 3 of 204 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Poor Dick ...
    Apparently I have to spread sporks around some...

A few weeks ago, Tyger Campbell, a high profile Top 25 point guard in 2019, made a very early commitment to ... DePaul, and is apparently reclassifying to 2018. The commitment came about a week after Dave Leitao hired Tyger's coach at La Lumiere as an assistant.

Tyger is high profile because (1) he is the starting point guard for La Lumiere, which won the Dick's high school national championship this year (along with 2017 McD AA's Brian Bowen and Jaren Jackson); (2) he used to play AAU with Marvin Bagley; and (3) he has amazing hair.

I would say that this is notable because (a) Tyger is a well-respected, lead guard with apparently great leadership tendencies even with good, older teammates; (b) he won't be OAD (if OAD even exists when he gets to college); and (c) I am not entirely convinced that Leitao will survive next season.

If he does reconsider that commitment, he would be a good back-up plan if things fall through with Jones or Garland.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    "Charlie Chaplin had kids when he was 73."
    "Yeah, but he was too old to pick them up."
    I see your Charlie Chaplin and raise you to 74 year old Strom Thurmond...whose nickname among other senators was related to his evident virility.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I see your Charlie Chaplin and raise you to 74 year old Strom Thurmond...whose nickname among other senators was related to his evident virility.
    I met Strom's (second) wife while in school at Duke. She was one class ahead of me. But I saw her a lot -- her steady date was one of my fraternity brothers. But it was strictly platonic. We all knew at the time that she was pledged to Strom and my frat brother was more like a chaperone than a date.

2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting

Duke has offered a player in the Class of 2019, Matthew Hurt, a 5-star small forward and Top 10 player in his class. Hurt hails from Minnesota, which has produced a few notable players for Duke, including the immortal Nick Horvath, Tyus Jones, and incoming freshman Gary Trent, Jr. I don't really know too much about Hurt other than that he is 6'8" and is in high demand from top tier colleges.

Hurt is the second player in the Class of 2019 to have been offered by Duke. The first is Canadian R.J. Barrett, the consensus top player in his class (if he remains in the Class of 2019). Barrett is a do-everything wing. His only apparent deficiency at this stage of his career is a streaky jump shot. That wasn't enough to hold him back in the recent U19 World Championships in which Barrett took down the USA team in the semis on the way to the World Championship. It seems that Duke is in good position with Barrett, who would be a heck of a wing for the Blue Devils. If you haven't read up about him, check out this profile from the Ringer: https://theringer.com/rj-barrett-fib...t-fbe374453d92

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    the immortal Nick Horvath
    Legend has it that Angelina Jolie is still idling out front of Cameron in a cherry-colored convertible...

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Legend has it that Angelina Jolie is still idling out front of Cameron in a cherry-colored convertible...
    Two of the three are still classics ...

Looks like we already have a thread that got pushed back a few pages.

http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?38229-2019-Basketball-Recruiting
    Last edited by fraggler; 07-18-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Copy paste fail

LOL, LOL....harsh....very harsh!

And none of the classics are breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    And none of the classics are breathing.
    Curly, Moe, or Larry ?

Duke has offered a player in the Class of 2019, Matthew Hurt, a 5-star small forward and Top 10 player in his class. Hurt hails from Minnesota, which has produced a few notable players for Duke, including the immortal Nick Horvath, Tyus Jones, and incoming freshman Gary Trent, Jr. I don't really know too much about Hurt other than that he is 6'8" and is in high demand from top tier colleges.

Hurt is the second player in the Class of 2019 to have been offered by Duke. The first is Canadian R.J. Barrett, the consensus top player in his class (if he remains in the Class of 2019). Barrett is a do-everything wing. His only apparent deficiency at this stage of his career is a streaky jump shot. That wasn't enough to hold him back in the recent U19 World Championships in which Barrett took down the USA team in the semis on the way to the World Championship. It seems that Duke is in good position with Barrett, who would be a heck of a wing for the Blue Devils. If you haven't read up about him, check out this profile from the Ringer: https://theringer.com/rj-barrett-fib...t-fbe374453d92
    Unless schools in Canada have changed, a senior is in 13th grade, not 12th as in the U.S., so he (Barrett) may have enough classes/credits to graduate early.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Unless schools in Canada have changed, a senior is in 13th grade, not 12th as in the U.S., so he (Barrett) may have enough classes/credits to graduate early.
    It's just that grade 9 is much different from grade 8.

https://youtu.be/jWohhABEzJQ

While R.J. Barrett is of Canadian birth and nationality, his current high school is Montverde Academy in Florida. A couple of notable players have graduated from Montverde lately, including D'Angelo Russell and Ben Simmons.

While R.J. Barrett is of Canadian birth and nationality, his current high school is Montverde Academy in Florida. A couple of notable players have graduated from Montverde lately, including D'Angelo Russell and Ben Simmons.
    Barrett? Simmons? Is Montverde Academy linked to the British Empire? Can Montverde qualify for the Commonwealth games?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

This was only in Ontario, where, admittedly, they do believe they are all of Canada. However, it appears Grade 13 was phased out a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    This was only in Ontario, where, admittedly, they do believe they are all of Canada. However, it appears Grade 13 was phased out a few years ago.
    I can confirm this....Ontario phased out Grade 13 some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    I can confirm this...Ontario phased out Grade 13 some years back.
    I can also confirm that Ontario, and more specifically, Toronto, believes they are all of Canada.

In their defence, a third of Canada lives in Ontario and a good chunk of that is in the greater Toronto area.

I can see Matthew's not knowing how to spell Coach K's name, but count me really surprised that he didn't know that Coach K was already in the Basketball Hall of Fame. I guess Matthew was about one years old when it happened.

http://www.kaaltv.com/sports/john-ma...offer/4544996/
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Bryan Antoine

Multiple reports out there that Duke has offered 2019 5-Star guard Bryan Antoine. I'm not overly familiar with his game, but it appears that he is a good shooter, fairly athletic, and considered a top 10 players in his class. He plays alongside another top 10 guard, Scottie Lewis. The two are from New Jersey. It's not clear if Lewis is also a target of Duke at this point in time.