Page 174 of 204 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I doubt Bolden will want to redshirt but I think it could make sense to do so for Javin or Jack - personally I think Javin is the right guy.
    I'm not even 100% convinced Hurt will be a better overall college basketball player than Javin next year. Super early, but it seems reasonable to guess that Javin will be much better than Hurt on defense and that Hurt will be much better than Javin on offense. Both of those gaps seem pretty large – even if the gap on offense is larger (thus favoring Hurt as the better player), it is almost certainly not so large that it would push Javin out of the rotation entirely and cause the staff to consider redshirting him.

Does anyone know the chanel and time of the Jordan Brand classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I'm not even 100% convinced Hurt will be a better overall college basketball player than Javin next year. Super early, but it seems reasonable to guess that Javin will be much better than Hurt on defense and that Hurt will be much better than Javin on offense. Both of those gaps seem pretty large – even if the gap on offense is larger (thus favoring Hurt as the better player), it is almost certainly not so large that it would push Javin out of the rotation entirely and cause the staff to consider redshirting him.
    You’ve forgotten the rule about recruits who haven’t played yet always being better than the guys we have. It will be fine to trash him as soon as he goes 0-8, commits a few turnovers and looks lost on defense in actual games. But for now he’s the perfect Singler/Alarie/Ferry/Dunleavy/Laettner hybrid clone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Does anyone know the chanel and time of the Jordan Brand classic?
    I believe it's Chanel No. 5.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Why hasn't Duke Med figured out a way to splice players? I would love a Hurt-Javin hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I believe it's Chanel No. 5.
    channel 5 where? i didn't think it was being broadcast. you either have to watch it on twitter or stream it from the jordan brand site.

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    channel 5 where? i didn't think it was being broadcast. you either have to watch it on twitter or stream it from the jordan brand site.
    I believe the phrase here is...whooosh.

"Channel 5" vs "Chanel 5"

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    I take it you don't buy or sniff much perfume.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    I believe the phrase here is...whooosh.

"Channel 5" vs "Chanel 5"
    There I was, thinking about the fragrance perfume. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I take it you don't buy or sniff much perfume.
    Always though Chanel #4 was under-rated. Kinda like the 4th of Beethoven.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Always though Chanel #4 was under-rated. Kinda like the 4th of Beethoven.
    I always prefer a 5th...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by SlapTheFloor View Post
    Why hasn't Duke Med figured out a way to splice players? I would love a Hurt-Javin hybrid.
    This is a favorite thought exercise of mine every season. I combine two players with in-complete game/ physical talents on our roster to create the complete player, while not going overboard in order to have a bench.

Vernon-Javin: Scoring from all range, rim protection, rebounding, defense, intensity. Perfect college 5.

Hurt-Jack: Scoring from all range, rebounding, defensive versatility, intensity. Perfect college 4.

Wendell-JRob: The almost Jack-of-trades Swiss army knife loses his only possible weakness (the 3)

AOC-JGold: AOC with combo guard skills and defense.

Cassius-Boogie: Cassius's only weakness is shooting. Boogie's only strength is shooting. Fits together like pieces of a puzzle.

Bolden as is (Already complete player in spot situations). Joey-Baker as is (I don't know enough of his game). Tre Jones as is (I expect his 3pt shot to improve dramatically and become a complete player).

The JBC is Saturday at 6 EST. It is not being televised, however it will be shown on twitter via livestream.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The JBC is Saturday at 6 EST. It is not being televised, however it will be shown on twitter via livestream.
    maybe I'll dab on a little Chanel #5 while I watch lol

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    As you know, Alarie didn't hit a 3 his entire career because the line wasn't adopted until the 86-87 season. With Hurt, even though he's much more than just a 3-pt shooter, his primary value *is* his shooting and the ability to create space for his teammates to operate.
    Alarie was 0-2 for threes in his career. You forget the ridiculously short three-point line the ACC experimented with in 1982-83. (You are correct in that he didn't hit a 3 in college.)

Are there any offers out there besides the ones for Hurt and Stanley? I'm assuming we would be done recruiting for this class after their decision dates, but could be wrong if we don't get either.

Also noted that it was weird that Stanley pushed back his announcement to the same day as Cole Anthony. They only have one common finalist, Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Also noted that it was weird that Stanley pushed back his announcement to the same day as Cole Anthony. They only have one common finalist, Oregon.
    If it is the 20th, that is also the same date as Trendon Watford. The common theme: the Jordan Brand Classic is that day.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Are there any offers out there besides the ones for Hurt and Stanley? I'm assuming we would be done recruiting for this class after their decision dates, but could be wrong if we don't get either.
    Presumably if we didn’t get Hurt, Watford would be a possibility. But it sounds a lot like Hurt is going to choose us.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If it is the 20th, that is also the same date as Trendon Watford. The common theme: the Jordan Brand Classic is that day.
    Thanks for pointing that out, missed that one.