Page 15 of 204 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 4071
  1. #281

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Is this for real? I don't even know what to think. The more the merrier? Bolden screwed over again? Hmm.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada (Ohio born and raised)
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Is this for real? I don't even know what to think. The more the merrier? Bolden screwed over again? Hmm.
    I thought I read awhile ago that his parents said there is no interest in reclassifying. So Iím skeptical of this.

  4. #284
    I hope it is for real, thing about Bolden whether he is healthy or not isn't gonna play more than 15-18 minutes per night. And I don't trust Davier coming in and playing minutes at the 5 especially against a team with a legit big he will get killed down low. If Duke is going to do anything next year they need to bring in another big body. Kentucky will kill us on the glass next year because you know they'll miss a ton of shots. PLus Bolden seems to foul a lot i remember games this year he wasn't in more than 3 minutes and picked up two fouls.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    I hope it is for real, thing about Bolden whether he is healthy or not isn't gonna play more than 15-18 minutes per night. And I don't trust Davier coming in and playing minutes at the 5 especially against a team with a legit big he will get killed down low. If Duke is going to do anything next year they need to bring in another big body. Kentucky will kill us on the glass next year because you know they'll miss a ton of shots. PLus Bolden seems to foul a lot i remember games this year he wasn't in more than 3 minutes and picked up two fouls.
    100% disagreement with the above. Give Bolden and Javin another year with lots of PT and their improvement should be dramatic. Thatís the way we used to do this.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    100% disagreement with the above. Give Bolden and Javin another year with lots of PT and their improvement should be dramatic. Thatís the way we used to do this.
    Yes. I think most of us saw huge strides from Bolden this season over last.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yes. I think most of us saw huge strides from Bolden this season over last.
    Agree totally: Marques' foul rate went from one every 4.9 minutes as a frosh to one every 9.3 minutes as a soph.
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Agree totally: Marques' foul rate went from one every 4.9 minutes as a frosh to one every 9.3 minutes as a soph.
    Also, he just seemed more comfortable with that ball in his hands. Freshman Bolden looked like he had so much pressure to produce and not make mistakes that he would over think and not rely on instincts. Sophomore Bolden was far more confident, and made crisp decisions with the ball.

    Right or wrong, even spending 1.5 seconds making your decision under the basket can make your advantage evaporate as the defense adjusts. If you have a quick jump hook in your arsenal, it makes you wildly dangerous.

    I would expect a Junior Bolden to make another big leap. I hope we get to see it happen.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    I thought I read awhile ago that his parents said there is no interest in reclassifying. So Iím skeptical of this.
    Yep, and he just turned 17 a month and a half ago (assuming NBAdraft.net is accurate). So he's actually young for his class, in a refreshing change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    I hope it is for real, thing about Bolden whether he is healthy or not isn't gonna play more than 15-18 minutes per night. And I don't trust Davier coming in and playing minutes at the 5 especially against a team with a legit big he will get killed down low. If Duke is going to do anything next year they need to bring in another big body. Kentucky will kill us on the glass next year because you know they'll miss a ton of shots. PLus Bolden seems to foul a lot i remember games this year he wasn't in more than 3 minutes and picked up two fouls.
    Nah, the key is more shooting and finding a way to finish games with Zion at the 5. (Now, if the shooter happens to be 6'8" or above, then great). Getting Carey would actually make us a worse team because it takes away the option to play Zion at the 5. I'm completely serious. I'm happy to give Marques, Javin, and Zion a chance to become a 3-headed monster at center.

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Summerville ,S.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yep, and he just turned 17 a month and a half ago (assuming NBAdraft.net is accurate). So he's actually young for his class, in a refreshing change.



    Nah, the key is more shooting and finding a way to finish games with Zion at the 5. (Now, if the shooter happens to be 6'8" or above, then great). Getting Carey would actually make us a worse team because it takes away the option to play Zion at the 5. I'm completely serious. I'm happy to give Marques, Javin, and Zion a chance to become a 3-headed monster at center.
    I agree .but could this be a indication that Bolden may be leaving?

  11. #291
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yep, and he just turned 17 a month and a half ago
    Does that mean he would not be eligible for the 2019 NBA Draft even if he reclassified? I can never remember the rule. Most of the guys that reclassify were held back by a year earlier in their life, so they are actually just returning to their original class based on their age. At least that was the case with Bagley and I believe Barrett and Derryck as well. In Careyís case he would actually be moving up a year.

    I would take Bolden over Carey as well. Have some upperclassmen who actually know the system rather than totally starting from scratch.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    I agree .but could this be a indication that Bolden may be leaving?
    Very doubtful. I follow recruiting and I've never heard of this MSN analyst, and MSN wouldn't be the site to break a Carey Jr reclass.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Does that mean he would not be eligible for the 2019 NBA Draft even if he reclassified? I can never remember the rule. Most of the guys that reclassify were held back by a year earlier in their life, so they are actually just returning to their original class based on their age. At least that was the case with Bagley and I believe Barrett and Derryck as well. In Careyís case he would actually be moving up a year.

    I would take Bolden over Carey as well. Have some upperclassmen who actually know the system rather than totally starting from scratch.
    That's correct, according to pg 273 of the NBA CBA (massive pdf). He has to be 19 during the calendar year of the draft AND one year removed from high school. He would obviously have the second part but not the first part.

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    That's correct, according to pg 273 of the NBA CBA (massive pdf). He has to be 19 during the calendar year of the draft AND one year removed from high school. He would obviously have the second part but not the first part.
    So that suggests that it would be very silly for him to reclassify, unless he specifically wants to spend two years in college--or thinks that change in the rules is imminent (which seems iffy at best) and would rather have one year of college experience before entering the draft at 18.

    In the source video, this based on "rumors." Carey did meet with Duke and Kentucky coaches recently, but is there any reason to think this was other than standard class of 2019 recruiting?

    I don't think this reclassification is happening, and I hope I'm right.

  15. #295
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    I don't foresee a re-class for Carey. Although, if I was in that position I would do it. 2 years of college ball will do much more for my development than a year of HS and a year of college. May be most important is the 1 year closer to finishing a college degree from a stellar university. It makes live a little easier on the back end of basketball.

  16. #296

    Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis Schedule In-Home Visits

    A number of reports this morning that the dynamic Top-10 duo of Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis, teammates from the same New Jersey high school, have been scheduling in-home visits together. First up, Mike Krzyzewski of Duke University.

    4/13: Mike Krzyzewski, Duke University
    4/14: John Calipari, University of Kentucky
    4/15: Chris Mullin, St. John's & Penny Hardaway, Memphis
    4/17: Mike White, Flroida
    4/18: Jay Wright, Villanova

    Conspicuously absent from this list is a certain state university about 8 miles down the road from Durham, North Carolina. Antoine has been seen as a strong Duke lean and top target for the class. With Villanova's recent success and proximity to New Jersey, they present a strong challenger. Duke will certainly have starting spots available for both of these young men if, as everyone expects, R.J. Barrett and Cameron Reddish depart.

  17. #297
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA

    Looking beyond 2019

    Now that Wendell has decided to go to the NBA (good choice young man) and the 2018 class is finalized with what we think is 4 OADs, I looked out a few years.

    When Jordan G and Alex are seniors, there will be no players in the junior class. Duke currently has one player committed for what would be a sophomore class (Joey Baker) and we would love for there to be 4 additional 5 star players join him. However, if they are also all OADs, that means the coaching staff has to find 8-10 players in the class of 2020 just to hold practices.

  18. #298
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Now that Wendell has decided to go to the NBA (good choice young man) and the 2018 class is finalized with what we think is 4 OADs, I looked out a few years.

    When Jordan G and Alex are seniors, there will be no players in the junior class. Duke currently has one player committed for what would be a sophomore class (Joey Baker) and we would love for there to be 4 additional 5 star players join him. However, if they are also all OADs, that means the coaching staff has to find 8-10 players in the class of 2020 just to hold practices.

    The class of 2020. The first class with eight one-and-dones?

    That would require K to expand his rotation to eight.

    Progress.

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Now that Wendell has decided to go to the NBA (good choice young man) and the 2018 class is finalized with what we think is 4 OADs, I looked out a few years.

    When Jordan G and Alex are seniors, there will be no players in the junior class. Duke currently has one player committed for what would be a sophomore class (Joey Baker) and we would love for there to be 4 additional 5 star players join him. However, if they are also all OADs, that means the coaching staff has to find 8-10 players in the class of 2020 just to hold practices.
    Is staff assuming that Tre Jones is definitely gone after this season? Cam, RJ, and Zion are as close as we get to locks to be OAD, but Tre doesn't seem to fit that bill just yet. Tyus, somewhat surprisingly, played his way into the back half of the first round with an absolutely sensational season. I certainly HOPE that Tre manages to do the same thing, because that would mean that Duke has a lot of team success in 2019. Still, the odds are against Tre being as good as his brother, although he could have a very good year and still fall short of the extremely high bar set by Tyus. It's possible that Tre could be the multi-year point guard we thought Tyus would be before he exceeded expectations. I'm not rooting for this, necessarily. I want Tre and Duke to have as much success as possible next year. But he doesn't seem to be lock to be OAD like the others, based off of recruiting rankings and off of scouting reports from people tuned into the NBA.
    Who needs a moral victory when you can have a real one?

  20. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Is staff assuming that Tre Jones is definitely gone after this season? Cam, RJ, and Zion are as close as we get to locks to be OAD, but Tre doesn't seem to fit that bill just yet. Tyus, somewhat surprisingly, played his way into the back half of the first round with an absolutely sensational season. I certainly HOPE that Tre manages to do the same thing, because that would mean that Duke has a lot of team success in 2019. Still, the odds are against Tre being as good as his brother, although he could have a very good year and still fall short of the extremely high bar set by Tyus. It's possible that Tre could be the multi-year point guard we thought Tyus would be before he exceeded expectations. I'm not rooting for this, necessarily. I want Tre and Duke to have as much success as possible next year. But he doesn't seem to be lock to be OAD like the others, based off of recruiting rankings and off of scouting reports from people tuned into the NBA.
    I think Duke has to recruit with the assumption that Jones is a OAD. The bigger question might be what Duke is telling top-tier points in the class of 2019. Are guys like Cole Anthony assuming the starting PG spot will be open? Are they willing to wait until spring to gain more clarity?

Similar Threads

  1. MBB 2019 Recruiting Thread
    By BD80 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 02:57 PM
  2. New take on recruiting... USA Basketball style?
    By Kyrie'sToe in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
  3. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 10:17 AM
  4. Women's Basketball Recruiting
    By NYC Duke Fan in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •