Page 143 of 204 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4071

Matthew Hurt sets Decision Date: April 19th

Matthew Hurt has set a date for his college decision, and it is the day before his birthday. Hurt also states that he is down to 4 schools, including Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. He seems to have eliminated the home team, Minnesota, where his brother Michael was a junior bench player this past season.

Hurt spent the weekend practicing for the McDonald's All-Star Game, which takes place this Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Matthew Hurt has set a date for his college decision, and it is the day before his birthday. Hurt also states that he is down to 4 schools, including Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. He seems to have eliminated the home team, Minnesota, where his brother Michael was a junior bench player this past season.

Hurt spent the weekend practicing for the McDonald's All-Star Game, which takes place this Wednesday.
    I would be shocked if he doesn’t go to Carolina but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Do you have anything beyond personal belief for that opinion?

Most recruitniks (who frequently are guessing as well) think it is down to Duke or Kansas.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

247 Crystal Ball has 3 of the 4 schools listed as predictions. Kerlina is the only one that isn't.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Crystal Ball has Duke 53%, Kansas 42%, and Kentucky 5%. Why would you be shocked if he doesn't go to UNCheat?

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Do you have anything beyond personal belief for that opinion?

Most recruitniks (who frequently are guessing as well) think it is down to Duke or Kansas.
    Just belief and based on how UNC is doing at the moment.

I hate to say you are in the minority on this one, but most everyone else would be shocked if he did go to North Carolina. Both teams would benefit from his presence and skillset. It just looks like Duke has all the momentum at the moment. The recent Crystal Ball selections have all been for Duke. There is almost zero chatter about Hurt and UNC.

Ha dukelifer, I always enjoy your posts, but your Cheat obsession/alarmist tendencies might even exceed mine.

I think Hurt will pick Kansas as Duke seems to have a lot of returning big men (though Hurt is likely better than our returnees and K plays his best players). But, I will be sure to ask Matthew about it tomorrow when I attend the Mickie Dee practices and media day!!

Anyone have any good suggested questions they want me to ask the Mickie Dee kids?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think Hurt will pick Kansas as Duke seems to have a lot of returning big men (though Hurt is likely better than our returnees and K plays his best players). But, I will be sure to ask Matthew about it tomorrow when I attend the Mickie Dee practices and media day!!

Anyone have any good suggested questions they want me to ask the Mickie Dee kids?
    You don't think the investigation stuff is enough of a strike against Kansas?

Yeah. How do you think Duke will fair at 3pt shooting next year?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

That's awesome! I can't wait to hear your thoughts about the players and game. I hope Vernon Carey isn't in a walking boot.

Duke and Kansas both seem to have a number of competing wings/forwards that would require some playing time. For Duke, it is Javin and Jack that are the most obvious incumbent players that would be in a similar position with Bolden and Carey, Jr. also in the running for minutes. This sort of reminds me of the 2016-17 season in which Amile Jefferson received a medical redshirt and joined Chase Jeter, Harry Giles III, and Marques Bolden for PF/C minutes. If that team could have stayed healthy... But I digress. In this situation, Hurt offers the one thing that none of the others do - consistent offense from the perimeter. And he pairs very nicely with all the other forwards and centers, in my opinion. If Javin, Jack, and Marques are willing to come off the bench, Hurt would be a great fit for Duke.

At Kansas, there is the whole FBI thing hanging over the program. The next trial picks up in April, incidentally. But it is also the case that, even with Silvio De Sousa suspended for all of 2019-20, KU might have a more crowded frontcourt than Duke. Udoka Azubuike should be back and ready to play his senior season. And KU will have sophomore David McCormack to back him up off the bench. At the PF spot, it is not altogether clear that Dedric Lawson will bolt for the NBA. He has an old school game and he is not on many draft boards in the 1st or even 2nd round. Even without him, KU has K.J. Lawson and Mitch Lightfoot as a redshirt junior and senior, respectively, to play the PF position. I would assume that Hurt would start even if Dedric Lawson returns, although he would be forced to play and defend on the wing.

As for questions to ask, I'd like to know which other players from the Class of 2019 he communicates with most frequently, what he sees as his biggest strengths and areas of improvement before he enters college, and his thoughts about the NCAA tournament so far.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Ha dukelifer, I always enjoy your posts, but your Cheat obsession/alarmist tendencies might even exceed mine.
    Yeah I just googled Matthew Hurt and read the first goofy UNC fansided post I could find and even the UNC fan dudes don't think Hurt will end up at UNC. So c'mon Hurt to UNC isn't happening. I do think Bill Self would see landing Hurt as a way to stabilize a program that has had a rocky year - I expect Kansas to go all out.

I have no idea what this means. How is UNC doing at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Probably still cheating, but doing it better.

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    Only things I can think of:

- they were cleared of any sanctions, which was killing their recruiting
    - they've been winning

Outside of that, they're not doing much of anything differently. But it would not have shocked me to see guys like Brandon Ingram end up at UNC if they didn't have the NCAA hovering those years.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Only things I can think of:

- they were cleared of any sanctions, which was killing their recruiting
    - they've been winning

Outside of that, they're not doing much of anything differently. But it would not have shocked me to see guys like Brandon Ingram end up at UNC if they didn't have the NCAA hovering those years.
    Ingram grew up a Duke fan.

But your point is well-taken. Without the sanctions overhead, things are going to be different for UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Matthew Hurt has set a date (April 19th) for his college decision, and it is the day before his birthday. Hurt also states that he is down to 4 schools, including Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, and North Carolina. He seems to have eliminated the home team, Minnesota, where his brother Michael was a junior bench player this past season.

April 19th is my daughter's birthday, so Matthew Hurt is coming to Duke. Why? Because it would make me happy, and that's as good a reason as any!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Ingram grew up a Duke fan.

But your point is well-taken. Without the sanctions overhead, things are going to be different for UNC.
    Yea but he had Stackhouse in his ear and the Kinston connection.

Conversely, Jay Williams grew up a UNC fan.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Conversely, Jay Williams grew up a UNC fan.
    Doesn't Jay live in Chapel Hill?