Page 123 of 204 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4071

escape to the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by SueAxe View Post
    The bigger issue, for next year, is whether Sean Miller is even coaching. I know there are people who feel that he has enough friends in high places to ride this out, but losing has a way of changing all of that.
    I watched the Washington v Arizona game last night and Sean Miller had a "dead man walking" look. If he is as smart as I think he is he could be considering an escape to the NBA. If so, that could happen quickly. Doesn't the NCAA have a rule that would allow Mannion to opt out of his commitment to Arizona in that case? Mannion could be the missing piece of a blockbuster Duke recruiting haul.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    To win me a cherry dark-chocolate ganache pie from Chillin. Tre is intricately familiar with the DBR forums and feels like I'm due for a pie win.
    I'll believe it when I see it.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by olddevil View Post
    I watched the Washington v Arizona game last night and Sean Miller had a "dead man walking" look. If he is as smart as I think he is he could be considering an escape to the NBA. If so, that could happen quickly. Doesn't the NCAA have a rule that would allow Mannion to opt out of his commitment to Arizona in that case? Mannion could be the missing piece of a blockbuster Duke recruiting haul.
    Oh man, I loved what I saw when I watched Mannion a few months ago. Kid looks like the real deal.

But I'm not gonna go down this rabbit hole.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by plimnko View Post
    they're probably on amazon right now ordering the uncheats' handbook to cheating and walking.
    Are you sure it’s on Amazon? Missouri couldn’t find it.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Are you sure it’s on Amazon? Missouri couldn’t find it.
    missouri mistakenly thought the uncaa was fair.

they're probably on amazon right now ordering the uncheats' handbook to cheating and walking.
    People willing to follow the unc handbook are not going to pay for the right to use the handbook!

They'll make illegal copies and sell a few along the way ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    People willing to follow the unc handbook are not going to pay for the right to use the handbook!

They'll make illegal copies and sell a few along the way ...
    My only question is who REALLY wrote that book?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My only question is who REALLY wrote that book?
    in the off chance uncheats didn't write the book, they sure perfected it

in the off chance uncheats didn't write the book, they sure perfected it
    I suspect it was either plagiarized or written by tutors.

Any new info on Matthew Hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Any new info on Matthew Hurt?
    Every indication is that Hurt will be an April decision, perhaps May.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Every indication is that Hurt will be an April decision, perhaps May.
    No kidding, its too cold to go outside in Rochester.

I made the comment earlier that I didn't want to see Georgia become a go-to destination for in-state talent (with possible Edwards commitment) since Duke is very interested in 3 2019/2020 kids. Below is a quote from Tom Crean where he faux accepts responsibility while actually throwing his current players under the bus that has many people unhappy and certainly won't help him with recruiting:

It’s all on me because I’m the one who decided to keep these guys. It’s all on me. And I get it. Because the last thing I can do, with making decisions, on keeping guys in the program in the spring, is now get overly mad at them because I’m the one who made the decision. So I live with that every day ... And it doesn’t mean that they’re not great kids, but very few programs, when there’s a takeover, when you have guys who haven’t done it at any point really in their career, a lot of those guys, they move on. That’s what happens when there’s a job change. And I didn’t do that. And so I’m not going to complain, we’ve just got to do everything we can to fix it.

At least one parent of a player has already taken to twitter to voice their displeasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    I made the comment earlier that I didn't want to see Georgia become a go-to destination for in-state talent (with possible Edwards commitment) since Duke is very interested in 3 2019/2020 kids. Below is a quote from Tom Crean where he faux accepts responsibility while actually throwing his current players under the bus that has many people unhappy and certainly won't help him with recruiting:

It’s all on me because I’m the one who decided to keep these guys. It’s all on me. And I get it. Because the last thing I can do, with making decisions, on keeping guys in the program in the spring, is now get overly mad at them because I’m the one who made the decision. So I live with that every day ... And it doesn’t mean that they’re not great kids, but very few programs, when there’s a takeover, when you have guys who haven’t done it at any point really in their career, a lot of those guys, they move on. That’s what happens when there’s a job change. And I didn’t do that. And so I’m not going to complain, we’ve just got to do everything we can to fix it.

At least one parent of a player has already taken to twitter to voice their displeasure.
    Crean could not win at Indiana and won’t win at Georgia. He may get away with blaming the players for about 2 more years.
    Last edited by AtlDuke72; 02-10-2019 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    Crean could not win at Indiana and won’t win at Georgia. He may get away with blaming the players for about 2 more years.
    Not to get in to a UGA discussion but, UGA went with a name for a hire. He isn’t a good fit and I don’t believe he’ll ever do well. UGA fans here aren’t excited about the performance so far. Buyers remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    Yeah, he had some success at Marquette, but managed to have plenty of detractors there. Gave him the nickname "Mr. Fake Bake" for his acquired tan, and didn't have kind things to say about his game tactics or public relations.

Didn’t we bring in four players from the state of Georgia last year? Carter, O’Connell, maybe Goldwire?

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Didn’t we bring in four players from the state of Georgia last year? Carter, O’Connell, maybe Goldwire?
    Yes, Although his hometown is listed ad White Plains NY, Jordan Tucker was also a graduate of an Atlanta area high school: Wheeler HS in Marietta, GA.

A four players are from the Atlanta Metro area, an area in which both GATech and UGA should want to successfully recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Yes, Although his hometown is listed ad White Plains NY, Jordan Tucker was also a graduate of an Atlanta area high school: Wheeler HS in Marietta, GA.

A four players are from the Atlanta Metro area, an area in which both GATech and UGA should want to successfully recruit.
    I've discussed this in the past but when you look at the past 3-5 years, the metro Atlanta area is producing the most high quality basketball talent of any city in the nation. Auburn has been feasting on Georgia talent the past few years. The Ga Tech and UGA have failed so miserably to keep the locals at home is on them. If they merely kept 50% of the top 100 Ga kids in state, both programs would be knocking on the door of the top 25 instead of trying to stay above water enough to get a NIT bid.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?