Page 12 of 204 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    3 Star Guard Joseph Girard visiting tonight New Yorks all time leading scorer and only a Junior listed anywhere from 6'1"-6'2" 170 pounds i've watched film on this kid and talk about lights out shooter may be one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation. I'd love to add this kid because you know he will be a 4-5 year guy plus idk where you play if you can shoot you can play at any level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cZQL3eSdM here is a link with some highlights
    He wears #11. Must be a Bobby Hurley fan! And after watching the linked highlights, his range is out to the Coach K label in Cameron!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A very interesting development was announced by the USA Basketball and the NCAA. Recruiting expert Adam Zagoria has a write-up of the event on his blog. The event will be called "Next Generation Sunday" and will be held the Sunday of the Final Four in San Antonio.

In addition to attending the Final Four (so jealous), the players will be split into two squads, competing against the NBA Africa Academy and the NBA Global Academy. NBA scouts are obviously very interesting in attending the event, but it's not clear that will be allowed. As the event will not occur during an evaluation period, college coaches will not be allowed to attend. Unfortunately for the players, they will depart on Sunday night before the National Championship game.

Zagoria does a nice job of speculating if this is an extension of the USA Basketball mini-camps or movement towards a true academy model.

The full rosters haven't been announced yet, but several Duke targets have already been identified. Cole Anthony, Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Vernon Carey, Jr., and Matthew Hurt will all receive invites. I wouldn't be surprised if Armando Bacot gets invited as well. Joey Baker is a bit of a Top 24 fringe player according to the latest round of recruiting rankings. I hope he gets invited. Who wouldn't want the NCAA to fly you out to the Final Four and put you in a hotel?
    Following up: the rosters have been announced. Officially this is being termed the "USA Junior National Select Team."

Duke commit Joey Baker is included.

As are all of the recruits you mentioned: Cole Anthony, Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Vernon Carey, Jr., Matthew Hurt, and Armando Bacot. Plus recruiting targets Isaiah Stewart and Wendell Moore, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Following up: the rosters have been announced. Officially this is being termed the "USA Junior National Select Team."

Duke commit Joey Baker is included.

As are all of the recruits you mentioned: Cole Anthony, Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Vernon Carey, Jr., Matthew Hurt, and Armando Bacot. Plus recruiting targets Isaiah Stewart and Wendell Moore, Jr.
    Awesome! Thanks for posting. Can we somehow influence this so that Anthony, Antoine, Bacot, Baker, Carey, and Lewis are on the same team? Either now or in 2 years. Preferably both.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebasketball2020 View Post
    3 Star Guard Joseph Girard visiting tonight New Yorks all time leading scorer and only a Junior listed anywhere from 6'1"-6'2" 170 pounds i've watched film on this kid and talk about lights out shooter may be one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation. I'd love to add this kid because you know he will be a 4-5 year guy plus idk where you play if you can shoot you can play at any level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cZQL3eSdM here is a link with some highlights
    Very interesting. Seems like the kid is getting a lot of attention. I wonder if Duke can sell him on being a Seth Curry combo guard/multi-year type of player.

If he's Class of 2019, there should be room for him. That year, Bolden (if he's still around) DeLaurier, Robinson, and White will be seniors and Goldwire and O'Connell will be juniors. That's a PG, wing (AOC), combo forward (White), 2 PFs (DeLaurier adn Robinson), and a C. The bench could use another shooter.

Girard's father played for John Beilein at Le Moyne College, so Michigan seems like the leader here. The kid is not even a top 100 recruit, but everyone seems to think his ranking is going to skyrocket as more and more folks admire his perimeter shooting.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Had to do a Google search on this kid. Seems unreal anybody could break NY state's all time scoring record as a junior.

Holy wanker, this guy averages 50 points a game . . . is he playing against the top competition? I remember Semi Ojeleye averaged like 47 against some lower level competition in high school.

Hard to tell from that short video, but it didn't look like he was playing against major college recruits. If he's 6'1", the tallest guy on the court was maybe 6'5".

I really like Cole Anthony. Anyone know where we are in his recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Girard's father played for John Beilein at Le Moyne College, so Michigan seems like the leader here. The kid is not even a top 100 recruit, but everyone seems to think his ranking is going to skyrocket as more and more folks admire his perimeter shooting.
    His offer sheet indicates that coaches know more about his talent than the rating guys do at this point...he's going to be a big time recruit, and I like Duke's chances...fine QB as well

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Actually you need over $10 million in assets to be in the top 1%. So no, not yet.
    A guaranteed contract can certainly be considered an asset, and its present value would certainly be greater than $10 million

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    I really like Cole Anthony. Anyone know where we are in his recruitment?
    I don't know any more than most anybody else here. But 247 CB indicates that Duke could not be in better shape with Cole Anthony, and pretty good shape with Vernon Carey too. The problem is I think there is a strong change neither player will play a day in college if the NBA changes rule that they can go pro straight out of high school with that class. No clue, but I think it happens with that class. So I'm sure Duke is doing their best to be prepared either way. And if Anthony and Carey play in college, I assume Duke is in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I don't know any more than most anybody else here. But 247 CB indicates that Duke could not be in better shape with Cole Anthony, and pretty good shape with Vernon Carey too. The problem is I think there is a strong change neither player will play a day in college if the NBA changes rule that they can go pro straight out of high school with that class. No clue, but I think it happens with that class. So I'm sure Duke is doing their best to be prepared either way. And if Anthony and Carey play in college, I assume Duke is in great shape.
    Maybe, the 3-Star scorer from NY will become the top-ranked player in the class by the time everyone declares for the draft!

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Per his Twitter, Girard now has an offer. Can't imagine K actually offered a 3-star this early, so look for that ranking to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Per his Twitter, Girard now has an offer. Can't imagine K actually offered a 3-star this early, so look for that ranking to change.
    Maybe Coach K is hedging his bets against the NBA's rule changes that could affect our squads when it happens. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Maybe Coach K is hedging his bets against the NBA's rule changes that could affect our squads when it happens. GoDuke!
    That's part of it sure, but he probably IS underranked, too. As budwom said, he has some impressive offers at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    There was a lot of Crystal Ball activity from Girard towards Duke before the game last night from Duke insiders. Regardless of what happens with Girard in the rankings, it seems that he is going to be a multi-year player (two at minimum). There's always going to be room on the roster for that.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Had to do a Google search on this kid. Seems unreal anybody could break NY state's all time scoring record as a junior.

Holy wanker, this guy averages 50 points a game . . . is he playing against the top competition? I remember Semi Ojeleye averaged like 47 against some lower level competition in high school.

Hard to tell from that short video, but it didn't look like he was playing against major college recruits. If he's 6'1", the tallest guy on the court was maybe 6'5".
    He is from a relatively small town near Albany, not too far from where Greg Koubek grew up. For whatever reason, I always associate Girard's hometown of Glens Falls with former wrestling great and native son Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    He is from a relatively small town near Albany, not too far from where Greg Koubek grew up. For whatever reason, I always associate Girard's hometown of Glens Falls with former wrestling great and native son Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
    and it's the catheter capital of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Better to be the catheter capital of the World than the World’s catheter I spose. Do they have and monument or welcome sign declaring their title?

057CBB83-C9E1-49A3-875A-38440A5FA84F.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Now that's something to put on a bumper sticker.

Play Horse

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Saratogo is midway between Glens Falls and Albany. AND it is a great place to play HORSE!

Larry
    Devilhorse