Page 115 of 204 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by devilseven View Post
    I remember Thornton differently, particularly Thorton's block of Joel Berry's last second shot to preserve a victory over UNCheat in 2016.
    Yep. Not as dramatic as Austin's shot but just as effective.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by devilseven View Post
    I remember Thornton differently, particularly Thorton's block of Joel Berry's last second shot to preserve a victory over UNCheat in 2016.
    Sure, he made some good plays here and there during his one year at Duke. He deserves credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The kids has options. I think Rejean is a really cool name. It rolls off the tongue. Boogie is also cool. Can't lose either way.
    Does it? How is it actually pronounced?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The kids has options. I think Rejean is a really cool name. It rolls off the tongue. Boogie is also cool. Can't lose either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Does it? How is it actually pronounced?
    However Zion pronounces it. Who's gonna disagree?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Chase told an announcer at an earlier Arizona game that he loved Duke University -- he was on the All-ACC Academic team in 2016 and 2017 -- but didn't like the basketball program. Forget Chase.

Derryck is also unlikely, but he was reportedly pressured to transfer against his personal preferences, so one can imagine some interest on his part, particularly if he is in position to graduate from USC. But, in general, You Can't Go Home Again.
    Who says you can't go home?

- Jovie, Bon

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Who says you can't go home?

- Jovie, Bon
    Thomas Wolfe, Doc Watson and Steve Earle

https://youtu.be/yvAbusE1veU

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Thomas Wolfe, Doc Watson and Steve Earle

https://youtu.be/yvAbusE1veU
    I don't know about this Wolfe guy, but old school, school of hard knocks, Steve Earle knows what he is talking about.

I can't imagine any circumstances where Derryck comes back. I don't think, and I could be wrong, that Duke wants Jeter back. Nothing against the kid, but he's not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I don't know about this Wolfe guy, but old school, school of hard knocks, Steve Earle knows what he is talking about.

I can't imagine any circumstances where Derryck comes back. I don't think, and I could be wrong, that Duke wants Jeter back. Nothing against the kid, but he's not that good.
    The performance I linked was a show he did at McCabes Music store in Cali in1990 and SE looks like Hell because he’s strung out bad. Just months later he got arrested for heroin possession and hours after he got bailed out he was arrested again trying to buy crack from and under cover cop. He did 6-mos in the clink and some more time in a half way house and got clean. His first record out of jail was and acoustic record of songs he wrote as a Teenager but never recorded. The difference in his appearance from the McCabes show is striking.

https://youtu.be/N1sLEJ6RUOI

Ol Huck in Minnesota today visiting Matthew Hurt.

Definitely different than this Steve Earle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I hope Roy enjoys the sights and freezes his toes. Should be his last trip to Minnesota in 2019, but K can send him a postcard in April.

He may not make it out

Please tell me Hurt doesn't end up at Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    ..and stays for 3 years...

Hurt is not going to end up at Carolina.

Did that help?

In all seriousness, Hurt would not fit the roster at UNC next year very well. The frontcourt rotation is going to feature Garrison Brooks, Armando Bacot, and Sterling Manley. They could fit Hurt in there, but Roy loves to play his guys and you know all three of those big fellas are going to get at least 20 minutes per game. Maybe not Manley, but that still only leaves about 20-25 minutes per game for Hurt in the frontcourt. If he is on the wing, he's competing with Brandon Robinson and Leaky Black for PT. And you know everyone recruiting against UNC right now is in the ear of Hurt about how Nassir Little has had to ride the bench.

Supposedly, Little was having trouble adjusting to playing Roy's schemes on offense and defense. Hurt can score, no doubt. But he is not know as a particularly stout rebounder. If he plays the stretch-4 position that Luke Maye has held down the past couple of years, is he going to offer the same kind of rebounding? My guess is that Hurt would be benched for being too weak on the boards and Garrison Brooks would get most of the minutes early in the season at that 4 alongside Bacot.

My sense is that Hurt ends up at Kansas. The Jayhawks are going to lose LeGerald Vick and most likely Dedric Lawson after this season. They will have a big hole to fill and minutes to dish out at the 3 or the 4, even if Silvio De Sousa ever gains eligibility. If he is too scared away by the FBI stuff, Kentucky is a more realistic option. He could play the 4 opposite Kahlil Whitney at the 3. The Wildcats are losing at least Reid Travis and P.J. Washington from their current squad. There will be an opportunity to play in the frontcourt next year in Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    Definitely different than this Steve Earle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk
    The only Steve Earle I am familiar with!! Great tune!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    He may not make it out
    This is true. Reptiles don't handle the cold very well.

The consensus at the moment is that he will end up at Kansas, but these things can change quickly and there seems to be some sense that Kentucky is gaining momentum as Cal has really made Hurt a priority recruit (I think Cal has personally visited Hurt at least 4 or 5 times). Hurt's Kansas visit is coming up this weekend. He has said he will wait until April to decide (smart, you want to know if coaches are going to move around and you can get a sense of who may be staying or leaving for the NBA) so there is still a long way to go on this one.

-Jason "Minnesota produces great college players, maybe one of them will someday decide to stay in state" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The consensus at the moment is that he will end up at Kansas, but these things can change quickly and there seems to be some sense that Kentucky is gaining momentum as Cal has really made Hurt a priority recruit (I think Cal has personally visited Hurt at least 4 or 5 times). Hurt's Kansas visit is coming up this weekend. He has said he will wait until April to decide (smart, you want to know if coaches are going to move around and you can get a sense of who may be staying or leaving for the NBA) so there is still a long way to go on this one.

-Jason "Minnesota produces great college players, maybe one of them will someday decide to stay in state" Evans
    Would you?

Minn Weather.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Any info about how his Duke visit went, i.e. are we realistically in the mix at all?