Page 11 of 204 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Gonorrheally be exciting if we can sign those two.
    I'm not gonna clap for this. But I will spork you.

Didn't McDonalds have to settle a huge lawsuit back in the 90s regarding Kofi Cockburn?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Didn't McDonalds have to settle a huge lawsuit back in the 90s regarding Kofi Cockburn?
    Um, I thought it was a woman!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Um, I thought it was a woman!
    That's right. I was thinking of Kramer.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Why no applause? Feeling crabby?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    It is this type of unfettered sporking that leads to burning issues ...

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    Why no applause? Feeling crabby?
    Only a few common ones left... just a matter of time before the thread AIDS us with recruiting updates once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Gonorrheally be exciting if we can sign those two.
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that Cockburn's mom was a Wasserman.

I hate to interrupt the stream of this thread but I'm watching Cole Anthony of Arch Bishop Malloy play. He really looks good.

The fact that this board can turn into Pun Central in the blink of an eye is why this board is tops above all else!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post

Uh, JT made the 1% when he signed his rookie contract. I suspect he’ll wind up in the top .001% when he’s done with the NBA.
    Actually you need over $10 million in assets to be in the top 1%. So no, not yet.
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Actually you need over $10 million in assets to be in the top 1%. So no, not yet.
    While wealth is the better metric, most folks do use income as the key metric. And the 1% cutoff is just below $0.5M. So save to say Tatum is a 1%er. I’ll make sure to camp outside Tatum’s home in protest
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

my fault...i thought i clicked on the 2019 recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    The fact that this board can turn into Pun Central in the blink of an eye is why this board is tops above all else!
    I’m not a fan of that in threads where a new post gets you excited thinking there’s news. It’s a running frustration on this board for me that 90% of posts in recruiting threads are off topic. Including my post now too.

Respectful request:

Would a mod please correct the typo on the front page article to EJ Montgomery's last name being Montgomery, not Williams? He could be a very important recruit, and it's just good to have their names right.

Thanks!

Games like today (St John’s) make me care much much less about recruiting

USA Basketball, NCAA Invite Top 24 Juniors to Final Four Event

A very interesting development was announced by the USA Basketball and the NCAA. Recruiting expert Adam Zagoria has a write-up of the event on his blog. The event will be called "Next Generation Sunday" and will be held the Sunday of the Final Four in San Antonio.

In addition to attending the Final Four (so jealous), the players will be split into two squads, competing against the NBA Africa Academy and the NBA Global Academy. NBA scouts are obviously very interesting in attending the event, but it's not clear that will be allowed. As the event will not occur during an evaluation period, college coaches will not be allowed to attend. Unfortunately for the players, they will depart on Sunday night before the National Championship game.

Zagoria does a nice job of speculating if this is an extension of the USA Basketball mini-camps or movement towards a true academy model.

The full rosters haven't been announced yet, but several Duke targets have already been identified. Cole Anthony, Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Vernon Carey, Jr., and Matthew Hurt will all receive invites. I wouldn't be surprised if Armando Bacot gets invited as well. Joey Baker is a bit of a Top 24 fringe player according to the latest round of recruiting rankings. I hope he gets invited. Who wouldn't want the NCAA to fly you out to the Final Four and put you in a hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    A very interesting development was announced by the USA Basketball and the NCAA. Recruiting expert Adam Zagoria has a write-up of the event on his blog. The event will be called "Next Generation Sunday" and will be held the Sunday of the Final Four in San Antonio.

In addition to attending the Final Four (so jealous), the players will be split into two squads, competing against the NBA Africa Academy and the NBA Global Academy. NBA scouts are obviously very interesting in attending the event, but it's not clear that will be allowed. As the event will not occur during an evaluation period, college coaches will not be allowed to attend. Unfortunately for the players, they will depart on Sunday night before the National Championship game.

Zagoria does a nice job of speculating if this is an extension of the USA Basketball mini-camps or movement towards a true academy model.

The full rosters haven't been announced yet, but several Duke targets have already been identified. Cole Anthony, Bryan Antoine, Scottie Lewis, Vernon Carey, Jr., and Matthew Hurt will all receive invites. I wouldn't be surprised if Armando Bacot gets invited as well. Joey Baker is a bit of a Top 24 fringe player according to the latest round of recruiting rankings. I hope he gets invited. Who wouldn't want the NCAA to fly you out to the Final Four and put you in a hotel?
    Coaches are going to be falling all over themselves for position to "accidentally" (incidentally?) bump into the recruits as they go in and out of the hotel. The kids will get a chance to see which coaches have good box-out technique and which ones have the will and determination to get position.

Would Coach K be excluded from viewing the kids if he is on the selection committee for the next US squad?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Would Coach K be excluded from viewing the kids if he is on the selection committee for the next US squad?
    See, I knew this USA Basketball stuff was going to be bad for Duke recruiting

3 Star Guard Joseph Girard visiting tonight New Yorks all time leading scorer and only a Junior listed anywhere from 6'1"-6'2" 170 pounds i've watched film on this kid and talk about lights out shooter may be one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation. I'd love to add this kid because you know he will be a 4-5 year guy plus idk where you play if you can shoot you can play at any level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-cZQL3eSdM here is a link with some highlights