Page 105 of 204 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    The worst case of déjà vu ever...
    If ever a thread needed an intervention...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The extensive conversation about Carolina's academic record has been moved to a new thread.
    Maybe the new thread can be moved to off topic and clear some clutter here.

Did Matthew Hurt join the Crazies tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    Did Matthew Hurt join the Crazies tonight ?
    Probably not as Hurt's official visit will be this weekend.

looking like Isaiah Stewart is trending towards UW.

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    looking like Isaiah Stewart is trending towards UW.
    If he doesn't come to Duke, the Left Coast is a good place for him to land.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Probably not as Hurt's official visit will be this weekend.
    I got ahead of myself. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    I got ahead of myself. Thanks for the correction.
    Nobody got Hurt, yet.

The McDonald's All-American Game released its long list of players under consideration for the game today, and three of Duke's commits are on the list, including Vernon Carey, Jr., Boogie Ellis, and Wendell Moore, Jr. Duke targets Isaiah Stewart and Matthew Hurt also made the cut.

This long list has over 100 names on it, so it's not surprising to see all of them there. And it would not be surprising to see all of the previously named recruits named to the final roster, either.

Evan Daniels and Adam Rowe with Stewart to Washington picks today. Honestly, I thought all of the noise the past 2 weeks regarding Washington might be misdirection, just because I can't see a top recruit choosing to play in the PAC 12, given the state of West Coast hoops, the time difference, etc unless they live in the west. I hope Marquise is 100% returning as everyone seems to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Evan Daniels and Adam Rowe with Stewart to Washington picks today. Honestly, I thought all of the noise the past 2 weeks regarding Washington might be misdirection, just because I can't see a top recruit choosing to play in the PAC 12, given the state of West Coast hoops, the time difference, etc unless they live in the west. I hope Marquise is 100% returning as everyone seems to believe.
    That would be awesome (although he spells his name Marques :-). Considering how often Duke fans have conceded him to transfer or the NBA over the years (and I'm not saying I'm not one of them), it'd be quite a sight to see Marques walking during graduation with his classmates, for example. If I had real human emotions, I'd even shed a tear at that sight, perhaps.

Tell you what. If Stewart really is Washington-bound (and, as mentioned before, an Evan Daniels crystal ball pick is akin to Auerbach lighting a victory cigar), it logically would seemingly improve the odds that Marques is here next season. And that makes me happy.

Looks like PG Jaylen Fisher is transferring from TCU. Injury problems throughout his career, but when he plays he is good. Any chance at Duke going after him?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    That would be awesome (although he spells his name Marques :-). Considering how often Duke fans have conceded him to transfer or the NBA over the years (and I'm not saying I'm not one of them), it'd be quite a sight to see Marques walking during graduation with his classmates, for example. If I had real human emotions, I'd even shed a tear at that sight, perhaps.

Tell you what. If Stewart really is Washington-bound (and, as mentioned before, an Evan Daniels crystal ball pick is akin to Auerbach lighting a victory cigar), it logically would seemingly improve the odds that Marques is here next season. And that makes me happy.
    Agreed. I don't see how we plausibly could have had Carey, Stewart, Marques and Javin next year. And would prefer to have a Sr. Marques over prospective Fr. Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Looks like PG Jaylen Fisher is transferring from TCU. Injury problems throughout his career, but when he plays he is good. Any chance at Duke going after him?
    Is he a graduate transfer? That would be nice for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Agreed. I don't see how we plausibly could have had Carey, Stewart, Marques and Javin next year. And would prefer to have a Sr. Marques over prospective Fr. Stewart.
    Me too but we’re not supposed to say that!

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Is he a graduate transfer? That would be nice for next year.
    This was his third year. So, no, he does not appear to be a likely graduate transfer candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Has this been "portalized?"

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

In case anyone misunderstood my post, let me clarify. I, too, will be very happy to have Marques back next year. He has worked hard and gradually increased his role each year. Although some may have been disappointed he wasn't an immediate star, he has actually taken the path of the vast majority of college athletes. And that couldn't have been easy when he has seen peers bolt quickly to the pros or heard others complain about the speed of his development. I miss seeing the natural progression that kids can take from their freshmen to leaders in their senior years - as Quinn Cook did in 2015. A senior Bolden would be a big win for Duke.

The calculus for turning pro has changed dramatically in recent years. From "need to be lottery pick" to "need first round guarantee" to "not going to improve draft stock" to "time to get career started". I have heard it suggested elsewhere that Bolden could possibly move on after this year. For that reason, I do hope it is definitive that Bolden is returning next year.

Stewart to announce

...This Sunday according to Evan Daniels of 247. We will see if all the Washington talk is real or a smokescreen.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Real, not a smokescreen. Matthew Hurt is a better fit for next year's Duke team anyways.