Page 54 of 204 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4071
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    As far as I can tell, live streaming on this Facebook page.

Maybe.

- Chillin
    I'm on that page, but I don't have a child to tell me how to find the live streaming.

Ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by kcduke75 View Post
    I'm on that page, but I don't have a child to tell me how to find the live streaming.

Ideas??
    Lol. Just refresh it. It's on there now.

- Chillin

Who knows when he announces...looks like they're settling in the for long haul build up...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Who knows when he announces...looks like they're settling in the for long haul build up...
    Yeah this suckssssssss.

- Chillin

there's more people in a classroom at uncheat than in that auditorium

I have a bad feeling about this...

Duke!!!

We got one!!!

...Thank God. For the Board's sake...

- Chillin

Darn it.

NVM.

DDMF

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    … Also, we are still considered the leader for Carey(#2), Anthony (#3), and Stewart (#6) in this class as well as Moore (#23). When we start missing on those top tier guys, then I will get worried.
    Had to go back a dozen or so pages to get some perspective on where we are in recruiting ...

When asked in this (stupid) broadcast ("ADSN" - Another Darn* Sports Network - what the heck is that?), Wendell explicitly said he would start recruiting Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, and Matthew Hurt.

No mention of Cole Anthony. Hopefully, there's nothing in particular to read into there.

But by all means feel free to start freaking out anyway.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    When asked in this (stupid) broadcast ("ADSN" - Another Darn* Sports Network - what the heck is that?), Wendell explicitly said he would start recruiting Isaiah Stewart, Vernon Carey, and Matthew Hurt.

No mention of Cole Anthony. Hopefully, there's nothing in particular to read into there.

But by all means feel free to start freaking out anyway.

- Chillin
    What a curious thing over which to freak-out. The recently committed recruit spontaneously mentions three top-10 recruits but omits a 4th? Shouldn't we get a tweet first, before we freak out?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    What a curious thing over which to freak-out. The recently committed recruit spontaneously mentions three top-10 recruits but omits a 4th? Shouldn't we get a tweet first, before we freak out?
    C'mon Jim, you should know by now that no tweets are necessary for freak outs around here.

Any objectively innocuous yet imperfect comment and/or occurrence will do.

See: commitments of Bryan Antoine and Josiah James.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    It's over.

If, as asserted upthread, Wendell Moore Jr is a comparable player to the do it all Carrawell, that is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    If, as asserted upthread, Wendell Moore Jr is a comparable player to the do it all Carrawell, that is exciting.
    I actually heard Winslow, with a less developed body but better shot.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Winslow was about the same height (6'4.5" without shoes) at the NBA Draft Combine as Moore has measured, although Moore appears to have a slightly longer wingspan. We'll have to see him in game action, but reports and highlight videos (taken with a grain of salt...) suggest that Moore has a more advanced handle at this stage of his development than Winslow had. Otherwise, I think their roles and versatility on the team will be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    ...and Winslow's shot was pretty darned good at the regionals!

Now that Duke has Wendell Moore signed, sealed, and delivered (or will when the November signing period officially rolls around), who is the next highest priority?

For me, it's all about Vernon Carey, Jr. The kid has the full skillset. He's big, he can play inside, he can shoot it well for a player his size. He can get up and throw it down. He'll draw the attention of the defense, which will make life so much easier for the bevvy of wing players that Duke will have next season.
    More important, Carey will be on campus soon. He has an official visit scheduled for Countdown to Craziness and the weekend of October 19th.

Isaiah Stewart is an intriguing talent. He's big, plays with energy and determination, and might end up as a better player than Carey in time. His skillset is not quite as developed as Carey at the moment. But he also seems to be rethinking his recruitment after listing Duke as among his Final 6 (that was later expanded to a Final 7 when he got an offer from Kentucky). It doesn't seem like Stewart is hot on Duke anymore. I wish he would change his mind, but perhaps it is for the best.

Which is why I think Matthew Hurt is the second highest priority for the recruiting class. Hurt can really score the ball. At 6'9" and his deadly jumper, the offense can harken back to days with Ryan Kelly or Mike Dunleavy raining 3's and spreading the floor. He would compliment Carey (or Stewart, for that matter) so well. Offenses would have to account for Hurt on the outside and Carey on the inside. And Moore has the rebounding and positional versatility to cover some of Hurt's deficiencies, who is not known as a willing rebounder. Hurt has been talking to Duke's staff, although it isn't clear that he will make official visits or any sort of decision soon. I hope that Duke can get in his ear and show him tapes of versatile stretch 4's in Duke's offense over the years. The possibilities are tantalizing.

I'll leave the point guard situation for another post. One way or another, I have a feeling that situation will work out. On the next one!

Boogie Ellis makes it Official

Busy day for Duke recruiting. Coach K made a trip out to San Diego to visit Boogie Ellis.. The point guard just scheduled his last official visit with the Blue Devils. He'll be on campus the weekend of October 26-28. Ellis will be on UNC's campus this weekend.

Over the summer, Ellis named a Final 8, including Arizona, Georgia Tech, Gonzaga, Memphis, Oklahoma, Oregon, San Diego State, and Southern Cal. It looks like Duke has gotten into that mix, along with UNC.

For the folks who have had some degree of anxiety about Duke recruiting this year...

Zion Williamson committed on Jan 20th of this year
    RJ Barrett committed on Nov 10th last year
    Cam Reddish committed on Nov 8th
    Joey Baker committed on Oct 29th (he didn't reclassify until several months later)
    Tre Jones committed on Oct 13th

So, at this time last year Duke had exactly zero commits in the truck.

-Jason "I get that the impression is that we aren't as solid with the top guys as we have been in past years... but I think K and staff have earned some trust in terms of finding the pieces we need" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?