Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,612 of 2612

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    That's quite a list. One of those things is not like the others, but still, heavy hitters. Out of curiosity, what's up with the ambiguous height on the guy? Either 6'8 or 6'10? Don't they do measurements at BWB?

ETA: I just realized perhaps one is with shoes, the other without?

For the curious yet lazy, Keion Brooks is ranked 23rd in 24/7 Composite (one spot below Wendell Moore). Kahlil Whitney is 7th, Tyrese Maxey is 9th. Matthew Hurt is 8th.
    He's from the EU, so one must be Metric?
    159!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (hexi-decimally, that is)

Go Duke!!!!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    That's quite a list. One of those things is not like the others, but still, heavy hitters. Out of curiosity, what's up with the ambiguous height on the guy? Either 6'8 or 6'10? Don't they do measurements at BWB?

ETA: I just realized perhaps one is with shoes, the other without?

Wooden shoes are considerably thicker than basketball shoes.
    Last edited by -jk; 02-19-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Fix quote tag

Conversion error

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    He's from the EU, so one must be Metric?
    One height is based on European cinder blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    One height is based on European cinder blocks.
    Does he give his weight in stones?
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Does he give his weight in stones?
    Tyus or Tre units?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Over the weekend, a number of international prospects gathered in Charlotte for Basketball Without Borders. One of the standouts at the event was Tristan Enaruna, a 6'8" or 6'10" wing or stretch-4 with a blossoming game. Enaruna moved to Utah about a year ago and is a senior in high school this year. He plans on committing to a high-major college team. Duke has shown interest of late, which has left quite an impression on the young man, according to Evan Daniels of 247Sports.

Here is a brief scouting report:
    Interesting . . . I watched the highlight video, and nearly all of the highlights were actually Enaruna making sweet passes for assists. It would appear that he's a pretty decent playmaker for a big kid. If he can also hit 3s (assuming he can, since you described him as a "stretch"), that's a very appealing skill set for a power forward.

He looks pretty skinny though. He'll need to bulk up quite a bit to hang with the big boys in the ACC.

Jaemyn Brakefield Putting the Gas on College Decision?

Here's another one. Duke and the Class of 2020 player are talking about a potential reclass to the Class of 2019, according to the young man and USAToday writer Jason Jordan.

Brakefiled is a 6'8" athletic lefty forward, currently in the Class of 2020 and ranked 28th in the 247 Sports Composite.

Coincidently, Brakefield was in attendance at the game at Louisville on behalf of Chris Mack and the Cardinals. Ouch.

Brakefield indicates that he is "50/50" on the prospects of reclassifying.

Here's another one. Duke and the Class of 2020 player are talking about a potential reclass to the Class of 2019, according to the young man and USAToday writer Jason Jordan.

Brakefiled is a 6'8" athletic lefty forward, currently in the Class of 2020 and ranked 28th in the 247 Sports Composite.

Coincidently, Brakefield was in attendance at the game at Louisville on behalf of Chris Mack and the Cardinals. Ouch.

Brakefield indicates that he is "50/50" on the prospects of reclassifying.
    So does this mean Brakefield has an offer from us?

What's the scholarship situation?

We lose 4 for sure and get back 4 so far.

Tre is probably out which leaves a spot for hurt and brakefield/enaruna or a of reclass.

I guess jrob could lose his scholly if we need a 6th.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    What's the scholarship situation?

We lose 4 for sure and get back 4 so far.

Tre is probably out which leaves a spot for hurt and brakefield/enaruna or a of reclass.

I guess jrob could lose his scholly if we need a 6th.

Thoughts?
    We are more than fine in terms of available scholarships. We stand to lose Vrank and the four freshmen, and we arenít at the scholarship limit as is.

The following recruited scholarship players return:
    Baker
    DeLaurier
    White
    Goldwire
    OíConnell
    Bolden (maybe)

We add the following freshmen:
    Carey
    Moore
    Ellis

That is 9 recruited scholarship players. Robinson wasnít recruited and came understanding he only gets a scholarship if there are not 13 recruited players on the roster. But there appear to still be 4 open slots available unless something weird happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    We are more than fine in terms of available scholarships. We stand to lose Vrank and the four freshmen, and we arenít at the scholarship limit as is.

The following recruited scholarship players return:
    Baker
    DeLaurier
    White
    Goldwire
    OíConnell
    Bolden (maybe)

We add the following freshmen:
    Carey
    Moore
    Ellis

That is 9 recruited scholarship players. Robinson wasnít recruited and came understanding he only gets a scholarship if there are not 13 recruited players on the roster. But there appear to still be 4 open slots available unless something weird happens.
    At this point, my ideal situation is getting Matthew Hurt with all the seniors returning and adding Enaruna and Brakefield for depth and an expanded role once Bolden, DeLaurier, and White graduate. And Duke has the available scholarships to do that.

I do not like the idea of having 3-4 freshmen with a grad transfer as the frontcourt in 2020-21 and would much prefer a couple of players with experience and years in the Duke weight room.

At this point, my ideal situation is getting Matthew Hurt with all the seniors returning and adding Enaruna and Brakefield for depth and an expanded role once Bolden, DeLaurier, and White graduate. And Duke has the available scholarships to do that.

I do not like the idea of having 3-4 freshmen with a grad transfer as the frontcourt in 2020-21 and would much prefer a couple of players with experience and years in the Duke weight room.
    I can’t imagine we are looking at grad transfers for the frontcourt.

My biggest concern is, and has been, PG. We have plenty of bodies in the frontcourt. I would love to get Hurt since he is a great pairing with Carey and would give us another scorer.. But right now the glaring hole is PG.

Ah, I misread your post. You were talking about the NEXT year. Yeah, I'd be fine with adding an extra multi-year guy for the frontcourt for depth and to guide the following year's (2021 season's) crop of freshmen. I wouldn't mind having a grad transfer big man for that year either.

So for recruits this year, I'd like Hurt, an extra big, and a PG from either the grad transfer or a shocking top-tier recruit (either reclass or surprise from this class).
    Last edited by CDu; Yesterday at 09:57 AM.