Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I will not take a strong recommendation from you and/or OPK lightly. I know both of you are great sources for advice and direction. I’ll make time (it might take awhile) to see an entire gig and report back. Thanks for the recommendation!

And, thanks, again, for the great art. Love your work!
    I know you have vast more experience than any of us, and because of that, I know there has to be hesitancy. I've got so many bands that I fell in love with live that I just could not imagine seeing and enjoying without "X" present.
    I think OPK's term "vibrant" is a key one. Every show I've seen has just felt so fresh, and in turn, has always been amazing and fun.

Thanks for the art love, btw!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I started seeing GD shows when I was 14 and got serious at 17. My primary focus was Jerry and I probably saw 200-300 GD and ~ 100 JGB shows (mostly during the 80’s). Now, I can play my recordings, close my eyes, and see Jerry (no liquid required). Must admit, my music expectations are high.

I will not take a strong recommendation from you and/or OPK lightly. I know both of you are great sources for advice and direction. I’ll make time (it might take awhile) to see an entire gig and report back. Thanks for the recommendation!

And, thanks, again, for the great art. Love your work!
    I’ll just post a few tastes. A ripper:

. . . And a tripper:

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    . . . And a tripper:

I totally love D&C's Althea
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

PS...we were at the Charlotte show a couple days later. Great set.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dead-...c-39179d3.html

. . . And a tripper:
    PS, that night's show was a pretty amazing set too. Kick things off with St. Stephen? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    PS...we were at the Charlotte show a couple days later. Great set.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dead-...c-39179d3.html
    I was at that show, fun. They love each other, and the absolutely ripping Casey Jones, we’re crushing.

PS, that night's show was a pretty amazing set too. Kick things off with St. Stephen? Yes please.
    Only saw that once, Hartford ‘83. Maybe one of the bands between that and D&C too. The Hartford 11/15/83 second set is worth hitting on Archives.org.

Probably from the ‘82 show? If you went, there were two different color general admission tickets. One for the floor and one up to the seats. First night of Spring Tour and Jerry had just changed sides of the stage.
    I might have the ticket around somewhere (seriously) but I can more easily get my hands on the shirt and you are correct, sir, it was 4/2/1982 at Cameron. Tickets $9.50/$10.50, courtesy of Duke Major Attractions and sponsored by Strohs!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    I might have the ticket around somewhere (seriously) but I can more easily get my hands on the shirt and you are correct, sir, it was 4/2/1982 at Cameron. Tickets $9.50/$10.50, courtesy of Duke Major Attractions and sponsored by Strohs!
    Cool, I was there with you. I had a floor ticket, which I might also still have, and I was in the perfect spot to watch Jerry (but, he changed sides of the stage at that show). Next night was at the Norfolk Scope. The only Spring tour, during the 80’s, when they didn’t play at the Hampton Coliseum (my favorite East coast venue).

Tonight's Shakedown Stream is from Three Rivers Stadium, July 8, 1990. I totally forgot that I went to that show, too. That was a way busy week for me! (three Dead shows and Sir Paul McC)
    Crosby Stills Nash was the opener.

Cool, I was there with you. I had a floor ticket, which I might also still have, and I was in the perfect spot to watch Jerry (but, he changed sides of the stage at that show). Next night was at the Norfolk Scope. The only Spring tour, during the 80’s, when they didn’t play at the Hampton Coliseum (my favorite East coast venue).
    Saw plenty of shows at The Spaceship, really great venue. ‘87 stands out to me.

Tonight's Shakedown Stream is from Three Rivers Stadium, July 8, 1990. I totally forgot that I went to that show, too. That was a way busy week for me! (three Dead shows and Sir Paul McC)
    Crosby Stills Nash was the opener.
    Thanks for reminding me, just finished a movie with SonPK. Turned on to the TERRAPIN TRANSITION!

Inspiration, move me brightly . . . .

Always liked when they pulled up into Throwing Stones. Just a great song with real room to burn the room down before the closer (Usually in the key of E — NFA; Lovelight; GDTR, FB; or a wildcard). The jam in A just cranks (“On our own . . . .”)

Always liked when they pulled up into Throwing Stones. Just a great song with real room to burn the room down before the closer (Usually in the key of E — NFA; Lovelight; GDTR, FB; or a wildcard). The jam in A just cranks (“On our own . . . .”)
    That and Estimated Prophet are my fav Bobby songs, and shows like this when both show up are always a treat. That was a fun day at Three Rivers, it was the first and only time I've ever been there. I was excited because my dad was a Pirates fan, so I was looking forward to seeing a show where his team played. CSN was lots of fun to open too, I went in to catch their whole set. No Neil Young, but still a cool show.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 07-17-2020 at 11:51 PM.

That and Estimated Prophet are my fav Bobby songs, and shows like this when both show up are always a treat. That was a fun day at Three Rivers, it was the first and only time I've ever been there. I was excited because my dad was a Pirates fan, so I was looking forward to seeing a show where his team played. CSN was lots of fun to open too, I went in to catch their whole set. No Neil Young, but still a cool show.
    Estimated is in 14/4 time — there may be other rock songs in that time signature but don’t know any.

(Money by Pink Floyd is 7/4 with a 4/4 break; is that the closest?)

Saw plenty of shows at The Spaceship, really great venue. ‘87 stands out to me.
    General admission, in a relatively small and great sounding venue, where the boys loved to play (they loved to stay in Williamsburg). I saw 16 of the 18 (missed the two in ‘85) Hampton shows during the 80’s. An incredibly strong 16 shows concluded with my all-time favorite Hampton show. The second Warlocks show in ‘89 was absolutely perfect!

General admission, in a relatively small and great sounding venue, where the boys loved to play (they loved to stay in Williamsburg). I saw 16 of the 18 (missed the two in ‘85) Hampton shows during the 80’s. An incredibly strong 16 shows concluded with my all-time favorite Hampton show. The second Warlocks show in ‘89 was absolutely perfect!
    I saw all the shows there from ‘85 to ‘88. Missed the Warlocks in ‘89. Grrrrr.

I saw all the shows there from ‘85 to ‘88. Missed the Warlocks in ‘89. Grrrrr.
    If you have not heard it, then I’d recommend checking out the Hampton ‘81 show. I really enjoyed that tour and consider Hampton one of the best shows.

D&Co. SPAC show from Last summer tour starts at 8:

https://twitter.com/deadandcompany/s...802814464?s=21

D&Co. SPAC show from Last summer tour starts at 8:

https://twitter.com/deadandcompany/s...802814464?s=21
    Nice kick off with Feel Like a Stranger. I'm being good and not looking at the set list. I like to be surprised with shows that I haven't been to.

That looks like a really cool intimate venue.