Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    While Drums/Space goes, I'm going to share a story about this week in 1990.

I was walking home from work in DC back to my apartment, and as I passed a park, there were all these people crammed around a stage. It had a local radio station banner flying, so I went over to see what's up. All these folks were sticking their arms out towards the stage, and getting something.
    I'm 6'4, so my arms are longer than most. I went over, stuck out my arm without a clue, and pulled back an envelope. Inside were two tickets, marked Paul McCartney, RFK Stadium.

So on July 6th I saw Paul McC in RFK for free, put on an amazing show. Four days later, I was in Raleigh, watching this amazing show. And two days after that, I was back in RFK, watching the Dead again. Last time I ever saw Brent wail out Dear Mr Fantasy, witnessed an amazing Dark Star, and even more fun, got to see my second rendering of Hey Jude in the same stadium as I had seen it ripped out by the originator just 6 days prior.
    It's a week I will never forget.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    While Drums/Space goes, I'm going to share a story about this week in 1990.

I was walking home from work in DC back to my apartment, and as I passed a park, there were all these people crammed around a stage. It had a local radio station banner flying, so I went over to see what's up. All these folks were sticking their arms out towards the stage, and getting something.
    I'm 6'4, so my arms are longer than most. I went over, stuck out my arm without a clue, and pulled back an envelope. Inside were two tickets, marked Paul McCartney, RFK Stadium.

So on July 6th I saw Paul McC in RFK for free, put on an amazing show. Four days later, I was in Raleigh, watching this amazing show. And two days after that, I was back in RFK, watching the Dead again. Last time I ever saw Brent wail out Dear Mr Fantasy, witnessed an amazing Dark Star, and even more fun, got to see my second rendering of Hey Jude in the same stadium as I had seen it ripped out by the originator just 6 days prior.
    It's a week I will never forget.
    I worked in DC that summer (lived out in Alexandria on the Red Line) and saw the DC show. I have a story but can’t share it here. Fun show, crazy night.

I guess that was my last a Brent show, hadn’t really thought of it that way before.

I hear The Other One — please be so!

!!!!!!!!

Do it!!!!!!!

Half the band is playing 3/4 time, the other half playing 4/4 time. So it meets on the 12.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I love those old school visuals. I miss the stadium shows so much, with the stage and the flags flying and the screens.
    Amphitheaters are nice and all, but I miss seeing the stage in a field.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Stella!!!!

Robert Hunter always wrote with such an “old” voice. Loser, Stella Blue, Ship of Fools, He’s Gone, Black Peter — Jerry sang them all when he was in his 20’s or early 30’s but really grew into him as he got older.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Stella!!!!
    There were a few songs that Jerry got so soulful on. This was one for sure.

There were a few songs that Jerry got so soulful on. This was one for sure.
    Hell yeah!

Fare You Well My Only True One

Night all
    Listen to the river sing sweet songs

PS...Big shout out to OPK for the reminder this show was on tonight. So many memories!

PS...Big shout out to OPK for the reminder this show was on tonight. So many memories!
    No, thanks to you for PM’ing me about how good the show was. I likely would have blown it off without that.

First show I have watched/heard end to end in years. Therapeutic. What a quality show, especially the whole second set.

Thanks CB&B!!!!!! Peace and love, bro.

Peace and love, bro.
    Ditto back brother!

Tonight's D&C show is from Folsom Field, 2018

Edit...I should say "John Mayer's weird faces are from Folsom Field, 2018". He's a trip to watch.

John Mayer may make weird faces, but he is so good on guitar.

John Mayer may make weird faces, but he is so good on guitar.
    [heresy] in a lot of ways, he is better and more dynamic on guitar than late-stage Jerry. Certainly more consistently brilliant.[/heresy]

[heresy] in a lot of ways, he is better and more dynamic on guitar than late-stage Jerry. Certainly more consistently brilliant.[/heresy]
    John is lively, Jerry passed away, both are Dead.

John is lively, Jerry passed away, both are Dead.
    “You must spread comments . . . .”

;-)

Oteil is great, too. In hindsight, I know I've seen him on stage as part of the Aquarium Rescue Unit (at the Cat's Cradle no less!) but really didn't know who he was before D&C.
    I love how he joins in on both Drums & Space instead of going away for one or the other. And...he can sing! He doesn't often, and one of the fav shirts I've seen at a show was "Let Oteil Sing", but he does a solid job on the mike. (Terrapin Station is one of his when they let him loose, lol.)