Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I miss Brent.
    Absolutely. Just loved his voice, and the Hammond B3 with the spinning Leslie amp. He hit his peak in ‘90 and ‘91. Sad end.

“i’m as honest as a Denver man can be.”

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Absolutely. Just loved his voice, and the Hammond B3 with the spinning Leslie amp. He hit his peak in ‘90 and ‘91. Sad end.
    I was in my dorm (it was a converted row house off of Dupont Circle) and our phone rang. Pay phone on the wall. My room was closest to it, so I went out and picked it up. Said hello.
    "Brent's dead"

It was the boyfriend of the girl who lived below me; they were the two that got me hooked on the band, he was a taper. I went down and got her (Crystal) on the phone. That was a sad night, and we were totally not sure the band would continue. Of course they did, and Bruce (who was at Raleigh) and Vince were great too, but Brent was the first guy on keys that I saw with the band, and I was forever hooked with my first Dear Mr Fantasy. He was a big reason I fell in love with them.

PS, he died 16 days after this show, so no 91 for him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I was in my dorm (it was a converted row house off of Dupont Circle) and our phone rang. Pay phone on the wall. My room was closest to it, so I went out and picked it up. Said hello.
    "Brent's dead"

It was the boyfriend of the girl who lived below me; they were the two that got me hooked on the band, he was a taper. I went down and got her (Crystal) on the phone. That was a sad night, and we were totally not sure the band would continue. Of course they did, and Bruce (who was at Raleigh) and Vince were great too, but Brent was the first guy on keys that I saw with the band, and I was forever hooked with my first Dear Mr Fantasy. He was a big reason I fell in love with them.

PS, he died 16 days after this show, so no 91 for him.
    Right you are.

I saw my first show in March ‘83, so most of my shows were with Brent. Odd that he was still “the new guy” To many even at the end. While there are incredible shows before and after, his thick sound and rich voice is the sound of the band for me.

The Atlanta shows in March/April ‘90 were incredible. I missed the Duke-UNLV game to go to the show that night, intending to watch the tape of the game. A friend told me after the show that we got crushed. Went home, threw the VCR tape out. STILL have not seen that game.

As a guitarist, I am always blown away by Bobby. So subtle, so right. Not simple or typical.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    As a guitarist, I am always blown away by Bobby. So subtle, so right. Not simple or typical.
    And he's still got his voice! He's a bit less cheesy* now than he was then, but he can use those pipes!

*I still laugh thinking about hearing "Bobby Sandwiches!" hollered out as people sold grilled cheese before the shows.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Birdsong — I feel it . . .

Although not an accordion song?

Bang. Still got it.

Birdsong — I feel it . . .

Although not an accordion song?
    Bang. Still got it.
    So fun seeing Jerry and Bruce jam on it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gimme a ripping Let it Grow to end the set, and I’ll be gone . . . .

Oh well. Guess not.

And the rain starts...(Oddly, only show I was at that it rained during)

Well — didn’t see that coming . . . .

So fun seeing Jerry and Bruce jam on it.
    Since this is a basketball forum, I thought it may be appropriate to point out that Bruce Hornsby claims to have beaten Allen Iverson in a game of 1-on-1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/bruce-hornsby-allen-iverson-game/amp

I have no idea how tall Jerry was, but watching tonight’s show, it is clear that Bruce is a couple cinderblocks taller.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    Since this is a basketball forum, I thought it may be appropriate to point out that Bruce Hornsby claims to have beaten Allen Iverson in a game of 1-on-1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usa...erson-game/amp

I have no idea how tall Jerry was, but watching tonight’s show, it is clear that Bruce is a couple cinderblocks taller.
    HA! My girlfriend just came in and literally said "He must be tall".
    She also said he's funny looking.

Didn't want to spoil anything for OPK since I didn't know if he peeked at the setlist, but I will always remember this Aiko as the most fun I'd ever seen. (There were probably better, but for me it was a personal best.)

Playin’ coming — nice.

And have not seen the set list, so thanks for no spoilers!

Always liked playin’ — the jam could go anywhere, and the follow-up could be anything. (sorry, Estimated -> Eyes -> drums -> space)

!!!!!!!!!!! F’n !!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!! F’n !!!!!!!!!!
    I declare, he's seen the light!

That sequence was quite inspired.