Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Very true! I knew a jerk who created a major scalping firm ~ 25 years ago. Most of us stopped communicating with him (almost everyone thinks he is a jerk) many years ago. He is probably a billionaire by now!
    This guy?

IMG_1298.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I have never seen her but would definitely like to soon. However, $250 is also pushing my equitable limits.

Thanks, again, Jerry! You always treated us great!
    I'm stupid enough where I'm still at the "there's a chance phase." Verified Resale are going for $179.00. It's a 600 seat venue. I just don't want to support bad practices and some jerk making 100% profit off me.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    This guy?

IMG_1298.jpg
    Does he live in Florida and Arizona (and probably 5 more places by now)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I'm stupid enough where I'm still at the "there's a chance phase." Verified Resale are going for $179.00. It's a 600 seat venue. I just don't want to support bad practices and some jerk making 100% profit off me.
    Iím equally stupid! Iíd justify it solely based on only 600 seats.

I've always enjoyed the Dead's music and have some hazy memories of attending a couple of their concerts - in Cameron and Greensboro eons ago, but don't believe I qualify as a Dead Head. This thread has much discussion on Dead & Company, but I'm curious -- has anyone seen Bobby Weir & Wolf Bros, and if so, how was it? Looks like they will be in the DC area in late August and wondering if I should grab a couple of tickets. Thanks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    I've always enjoyed the Dead's music and have some hazy memories of attending a couple of their concerts - in Cameron and Greensboro eons ago, but don't believe I qualify as a Dead Head. This thread has much discussion on Dead & Company, but I'm curious -- has anyone seen Bobby Weir & Wolf Bros, and if so, how was it? Looks like they will be in the DC area in late August and wondering if I should grab a couple of tickets. Thanks.
    I've not seen them live but I've heard a few shows and they are great. You are talking about them playing at Wolftrap with the National Symphony. That would be so fun!

(Side not, yesterday and today, the noon shows on Sirius XM were both from Greensboro)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I've not seen them live but I've heard a few shows and they are great. You are talking about them playing at Wolftrap with the National Symphony. That would be so fun!

(Side not, yesterday and today, the noon shows on Sirius XM were both from Greensboro)
    I saw them at DPAC right at the beginning of the pandemic when it was just Bob, Don Was and the drummer. It was great, and I think the shows have only gotten better as they have added a few more musicians.

All the Greensboro shows I saw were great.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Wolf Trap shows have been postponed for some reason.
    Though the cause for this postponement has not been made public, Wolf Trapís encourages fans to stay tuned for rescheduled dates.
    https://jambands.com/news/2024/02/16...lf-trap-dates/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The Wolf Trap shows have been postponed for some reason.

https://jambands.com/news/2024/02/16...lf-trap-dates/
    Thanks CB&B and howardlander. Yeah, I hope the concert actually happens, and that the delay isn't illness related.

Just booked tickets for WSOP events in late June/early July, may try to score some Dead & Co. miracles. What dates are folks that are headed that way gonna be in Sin City?

Just booked tickets for WSOP events in late June/early July, may try to score some Dead & Co. miracles. What dates are folks that are headed that way gonna be in Sin City?
    You'll be getting there after me. TNTDevil and I will be making a week of adventure out of the trip, but will only be in the Sphere one night, Thursday June 13th.

The Sphere's been sending me emails weekly that tickets are available at all price levels and locations. Probably wasn't a great idea to have Phish and Dead and Co go back to back.
    Also learned this week you can upgrade tickets from Ticketmaster for $10 and the price difference.

I will be at the Sphere for Dead & Co over Memorial Day w my son. Right now just planning for the Sunday night show but will be hanging around on Saturday and maybe go that night too! Anyone else gonna be in town??

Gone are the days when the ox fall down,
    Take up the yoke and plow the fields around.
    Gone are the days when the ladies said' "Please,
    Gentle Jack Jones won't you come to me."

Popped up on my FB feed. Pigpen in Wallace Wade, April 24, 1971

FB_IMG_1714336794098.jpg

Popped up on my FB feed. Pigpen in Wallace Wade, April 24, 1971

FB_IMG_1714336794098.jpg
    Too hard to handle.

Too hard to handle.
    Janis had no problem.

First weekend of Sphere shows is a wrap as of Saturday night. (One guess what the closer was.)

I tuned into a live feed that a brave soul shared with everyone before he got shut down by the Sphere police (They didn't kick him out, nice) to see how it looked from way up on high, and aside from that I enjoyed lots of pics others shared, including a few from essentially my seats down front.

The reviews have been solid, and I'm really looking forward to being there on the 13th. Wife asked if I had watched vids from the other two nights aside from the feed I caught, and I told her no. I'm actually trying hard to keep a good bit of it a surprise for myself, I don't want to go in with too much in the way of spoilers.

Had a blast listening to a few Sirius XM broadcasts from the Venetian, especially catching Big Steve's remembrances and words of wisdom about Vegas shows. That dude's hilarious.

First weekend of Sphere shows is a wrap as of Saturday night. (One guess what the closer was.)

I tuned into a live feed that a brave soul shared with everyone before he got shut down by the Sphere police (They didn't kick him out, nice) to see how it looked from way up on high, and aside from that I enjoyed lots of pics others shared, including a few from essentially my seats down front.

The reviews have been solid, and I'm really looking forward to being there on the 13th. Wife asked if I had watched vids from the other two nights aside from the feed I caught, and I told her no. I'm actually trying hard to keep a good bit of it a surprise for myself, I don't want to go in with too much in the way of spoilers.

Had a blast listening to a few Sirius XM broadcasts from the Venetian, especially catching Big Steve's remembrances and words of wisdom about Vegas shows. That dude's hilarious.
    Heading to the Sphere on Saturday. Can't wait! Anybody else gonna be at the Vegas shows this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Heading to the Sphere on Saturday. Can't wait! Anybody else gonna be at the Vegas shows this weekend?
    Try to avoid the Venetian walkway. Going down Sands Ave is longer but itís not like being herded like cattle especially on the way out. If you are GA you have to enter at the bottom anyway.