Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t *think* so.

My guess has been that John wants to do something else, so they’ll find someone to fill that slot and keep on truckin’. I could be wrong though. Could be that Billy is at the end of his touring days too.
    Thinking this is what it is (April Fools joke), especially given the comments. That being said, I do know Bob has said on record that he'd love to see the music continue. I'm on board with that too, but that means I want to see it actually continue, not just be replayed.
    I always hoped D&C would write new tunes, and while it was talked about, it never happened. The Grateful Dead were always one of the best cover bands ever, but thankfully they also were some of the best original song writers ever. I have loved the Dead & Co shows, they have been some of the best concerts I've been to, but my interest wanes the further you get from the origin. Especially if there is nothing new.

I'm looking so forward to our weeklong goodbye with Charlotte and Raleigh coming up. This tour is a very nice swan song, and I'm at peace with it all coming to a close.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Thinking this is what it is (April Fools joke), especially given the comments. That being said, I do know Bob has said on record that he'd love to see the music continue. I'm on board with that too, but that means I want to see it actually continue, not just be replayed.
    I always hoped D&C would write new tunes, and while it was talked about, it never happened. The Grateful Dead were always one of the best cover bands ever, but thankfully they also were some of the best original song writers ever. I have loved the Dead & Co shows, they have been some of the best concerts I've been to, but my interest wanes the further you get from the origin. Especially if there is nothing new.

I'm looking so forward to our weeklong goodbye with Charlotte and Raleigh coming up. This tour is a very nice swan song, and I'm at peace with it all coming to a close.
    If all you’ve got to live for
    Is what you’ve left behind,
    Get yourself a powder charge
    And seal that silver mine….

A friend who has never been to Durham will be in town briefly this week so I was looking at the campus calendar to see if there was anything interesting going on. I came across this event on Wednesday tied to the 45th anniversary of a Dead show at Cameron. Looks like a fun event for anyone who might be in the area. And apparently Duke University Press is publishing a book about live Dead shows.

https://calendar.duke.edu/show?fq=id...k%40mysite.edu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    A friend who has never been to Durham will be in town briefly this week so I was looking at the campus calendar to see if there was anything interesting going on. I came across this event on Wednesday tied to the 45th anniversary of a Dead show at Cameron. Looks like a fun event for anyone who might be in the area. And apparently Duke University Press is publishing a book about live Dead shows.

https://calendar.duke.edu/show?fq=id...k%40mysite.edu

That looks awesome! If I lived in the area I’d be there for sure!

45 years ago tomorrow, live from Cameron:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR3hKVK4/

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    45 years ago tomorrow, live from Cameron:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR3hKVK4/
    Well whadayaknow...this show is the noon concert on the SiriusXM Grateful Dead station. (23)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

From an announcement on Facebook.

Dear Deadheads,

Every day, things change. After many long discussions and some good old-fashioned soul searching, we are letting you know that our brother Bill Kreutzmann will not be joining us on our final summer tour. Bill wants you to know that he is in good spirits, good health and he is not retiring.

This is the culmination of a shift in creative direction as we keep these songs alive and breathing in ways that we each feel is best to continue to honor the legacy of the Grateful Dead. The final tour will go on as planned with Bill’s full endorsement and support.

See you at Jazz Fest!

“Let the Music Play the Band”

Bobby, Billy, Mickey and John

From an announcement on Facebook.

Dear Deadheads,

Every day, things change. After many long discussions and some good old-fashioned soul searching, we are letting you know that our brother Bill Kreutzmann will not be joining us on our final summer tour. Bill wants you to know that he is in good spirits, good health and he is not retiring.

This is the culmination of a shift in creative direction as we keep these songs alive and breathing in ways that we each feel is best to continue to honor the legacy of the Grateful Dead. The final tour will go on as planned with Bill’s full endorsement and support.

See you at Jazz Fest!

“Let the Music Play the Band”

Bobby, Billy, Mickey and John
    Not health, but “a shift in creative direction” ?!?!?

Yup. The admins of their page turned off commenting on that post. Also odd to me that it's "signed" by John, but not by Otiel or Jeff. Just strange all around.
    I'm assuming Jay Lane will once again be taking Billy's seat.

Is it now the Bob Weir Band?

I sure miss the JGB!

Today is of course the anniversary of the 5/8/77 Cornell show (which is the Sirius XM noon concert on right now).
    Dead & Co is back in Ithica tonight, playing Cornell once again. The show can be streamed for free on Sirius, or via D&C's youtube channel linked here.
    https://www.youtube.com/deadandcompany

Live vid stream tix can be purchased here
    http://livedead.co

I won't be video streaming, but I'll be listening!

Changed my mind and am ordering the live nugs vid stream tonight. A treat to myself after a bunch of tie-dye sales this weekend at a local arts festival. Turning one of those sold shirts into tonight's show!

For S&Gs, gonna say it was this one.

CBF23.jpg

Today is of course the anniversary of the 5/8/77 Cornell show (which is the Sirius XM noon concert on right now).
    Dead & Co is back in Ithica tonight, playing Cornell once again. The show can be streamed for free on Sirius, or via D&C's youtube channel linked here.
    https://www.youtube.com/deadandcompany

Live vid stream tix can be purchased here
    http://livedead.co

I won't be video streaming, but I'll be listening!
    Can you purchase a download for later viewing? Taking a trip soon and this would be a great way to spend part of the flight.

Can you purchase a download for later viewing? Taking a trip soon and this would be a great way to spend part of the flight.
    As far as I know, if you buy the video stream, it does not become active until you actually watch it, then it's good for 48 hours (So you could watch half tonight, other half tomorrow, like my GF will likely do). Being that the audio is free, I'm assuming that you can listen to it whenever wherever you want without a deadline.

As far as I know, if you buy the video stream, it does not become active until you actually watch it, then it's good for 48 hours (So you could watch half tonight, other half tomorrow, like my GF will likely do). Being that the audio is free, I'm assuming that you can listen to it whenever wherever you want without a deadline.
    Thanks. I’ll be on a plane so may need to download into my iThing instead of streaming.

Hope the show rocks!

Thanks. I’ll be on a plane so may need to download into my iThing instead of streaming.

Hope the show rocks!
    So far..ammmazing!

Absolutely nothing to complain about...more like WOW so far.

First set was on point and on fire.

Minglewood Blues
    Althea
    Estimated Prophet
    Eyes of the World (with another great Oteil bass solo)
    Jack Straw
    Bertha
    Cassidy
    Deal

TONS of energy! I wouldn't be surprised to see this show end with The Weight, just because of so much to live up to. It sure can't end with the original's Saturday Night, so why not. But that being said, the way it's going, Weight would be a good 2nd set addition, with an encore yet to be determined.

Absolutely nothing to complain about...more like WOW so far.

First set was on point and on fire.

Minglewood Blues
    Althea
    Estimated Prophet
    Eyes of the World (with another great Oteil bass solo)
    Jack Straw
    Bertha
    Cassidy
    Deal

TONS of energy! I wouldn't be surprised to see this show end with The Weight, just because of so much to live up to. It sure can't end with the original's Saturday Night, so why not. But that being said, the way it's going, Weight would be a good 2nd set addition, with an encore yet to be determined.
    Great to hear!

Second set was just as great as the first. The energy of the whole night was electric. I was laughing when they took their bow because Mickey was pleading with Bobby to get back up and play some more, ha!

China Cat Sunflower
    I Know You Rider
    Help>Slipknot>Franklin's Tower
    Drums>Space (Mickey's again taken drums to a new level)
    Scarlet>Fire
    Morning Dew

Lady With a Fan
    Terrapin Station