Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Thanks, that explains why the man hassled me in ‘82. I did it backwards…. went from Durham to Norfolk and then headed north.
    c3c27276415ee810781e77151747e96f.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That applies to Raleigh and Charlotte. PS...Raleigh is sold out! Can't wait for Monday night!!!
    I've been to a lot of shows at Walnut Creek the last 25 years or so, and I'm not sure I've ever been to a sellout show (maybe Jimmy Buffet a while back). It is going to be quite a scene...can't wait!

It's that wrong way feelin'
    Wrong way feelin'
    Go back says the sign way back in my mind.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I've been to a lot of shows at Walnut Creek the last 25 years or so, and I'm not sure I've ever been to a sellout show (maybe Jimmy Buffet a while back). It is going to be quite a scene...can't wait!
    Hopefully we'll meet up there. I wonder if it will look less the sellout than it actually is given the new protocols.
    Also wonder how many people will be selling fake cards in the lot.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hopefully we'll meet up there. I wonder if it will look less the sellout than it actually is given the new protocols.
    Also wonder how many people will be selling fake cards in the lot.
    Well, if you buy one, I would be wary of holding it in your mouth while your hands are full or anything like that. Consider wearing gloves.

Well, if you buy one, I would be wary of holding it in your mouth while your hands are full or anything like that. Consider wearing gloves.
    Back during my first shows the lots were filled with folks yelling "Kind bud! Shrooms! Doses!" Just walking up and down the aisles hawking their goods, making themselves heard from a mile away. It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen, especially since this was in D.C., the heart of "the war on drugs". I can picture that same scene now, but with the added "Vax cards! Negative tests!"

Back during my first shows the lots were filled with folks yelling "Kind bud! Shrooms! Doses!" Just walking up and down the aisles hawking their goods, making themselves heard from a mile away. It was the most bizarre thing I'd ever seen, especially since this was in D.C., the heart of "the war on drugs".
    My brothers figured it was copacetic since the D.C. Mayor was one of their best customers.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/mas...ight/19823970/

Cross-posting from the plague thread, would not be completely shocked if Walnut Creek decided to require masks despite being outdoors between now and Monday night.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/mas...ight/19823970/

Cross-posting from the plague thread, would not be completely shocked if Walnut Creek decided to require masks despite being outdoors between now and Monday night.
    Everyone, including those who have already got their shot, will be required to wear masks indoors in public, city officials said. That includes restaurants, bars, shops and government buildings.
    So I don't think it would apply to the show, and most likely not the lawn for sure. (I would not want to sit in a seat, so I'm happy I didn't spend $200 each on one.)
    I do know that they will be encouraging masks, which I appreciate. I may wear one in concessions and at the gate getting in, but likely not while I'm dancing.

So I don't think it would apply to the show, and most likely not the lawn for sure. (I would not want to sit in a seat, so I'm happy I didn't spend $200 each on one.)
    I do know that they will be encouraging masks, which I appreciate. I may wear one in concessions and at the gate getting in, but likely not while I'm dancing.
    Oh, the mandate does not apply to the show, for sure. But the venue is free to change their own policy (or the band could ask/demand that they do so, even) and it would not shock me if that happened here (a sellout crowd is going to be packed at that venue, unless the reduced the total number of tickets which they may have).

I would not want to sit in a seat, so I'm happy I didn't spend $200 each on one.
    Really, $200 in the pavilion? Does that include the front row?

When the heart and soul departs, does greed then shine bright?

Remember when you could buy a book of tickets for the entire East Coast tour?

Summertime’s done come and gone, my oh my ….

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Absolutely, they were really affordable and very cool looking tickets compared to Ticketron!

I remember, in Spring ‘81, buying my Greensboro and Hampton tickets the day of the show. Back then, Philly was the first place on tour to sellout (my Spectrum tix were “obstructed view”). I remember counting $8 ($24 in today’s dollars) in singles and change at the Hampton box office window. In ‘81, Jerry played over 100 gigs (GD + JGB) and had a 1040 AGI of $180k ($540k in today’s dollars).

Absolutely, they were really affordable and very cool looking tickets compared to Ticketron!

I remember, in Spring ‘81, buying my Greensboro and Hampton tickets the day of the show. Back then, Philly was the first place on tour to sellout (my Spectrum tix were “obstructed view”). I remember counting $8 ($24 in today’s dollars) in singles and change at the Hampton box office window. In ‘81, Jerry played over 100 gigs (GD + JGB) and had a 1040 AGI of $180k ($540k in today’s dollars).
    Good times. Always remember the good times!

Good times. Always remember the good times!
    I have spent my life,
    Seeking all that's still unsung,
    Bent my ear to hear the tune,
    And closed my eyes to see,
    When there were no strings to play,
    Jerry played to me!

More like $500 and up for the pit and front rows. Not exaggerating. (And it sold out.)

My first show I got my tickets day of the shows at the RFK box office. I so wish I still had those stubs. (Had dancing skeletons on them.) I camped out for a few, and did the mail order. (Which was fun for us art students because our envelopes were amazing.) And I remember dialing like mad on my rotary phone trying to line up tickets for the rest of tour. Bet I gave myself blisters, lol.

PS..lawn was like $70 when fees are added in. Or you can stay home and stream it...for $30! (Screw that. Also screw paying $50 for the 4K stream.)

Saw the Grateful Dead at Winterland in San Francisco for $3 in 1972. Same price for all seats.

My first show I got my tickets day of the shows at the RFK box office. I so wish I still had those stubs. (Had dancing skeletons on them.) I camped out for a few, and did the mail order. (Which was fun for us art students because our envelopes were amazing.) And I remember dialing like mad on my rotary phone trying to line up tickets for the rest of tour. Bet I gave myself blisters, lol.

PS..lawn was like $70 when fees are added in. Or you can stay home and stream it...for $30! (Screw that. Also screw paying $50 for the 4K stream.)
    Oh, wait, you have to pay​ for the stream? I thought the couch tour was free! $30 is way high, that should be what it costs to get a lifetime streaming pass or something.

Hope the weather isn’t too bad for the show. All sorts of thunder and lightning in Durham right now. Stay safe and enjoy the night. Wish I could be there. AW.