Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Tonight's D&C is 11-8-2019 from Hampton Coliseum
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Tonight's D&C is 11-8-2019 from Hampton Coliseum
    Saw all the GD shows at the Spaceship from ‘85 to ‘88 — great memories.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    John's pedal work on the set closing Throwing Stones was nuts!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Combining two of my favorite things — Todd Snider and GD:

Last regularly-scheduled Shakedown stream tonight, pre-show guest Bob Weir:

https://twitter.com/deadandcompany/s...629822977?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They’ve been using prompters for the whole tour, maybe longer. It’s why you often see Bobby’s set lists posted on Twitter after the show, with changes and deletions as they deviate. They plan the set (not like the old days) — although they often stray from the plan.

It makes sense for the new guys, and let’s face it — Bobby and Jerry usually screwed up the lyrics to a song or two even back in the day.
    Bobby screwed up Scarlet Begonias so bad that he almost stopped the song in tonight's show, lol.
    (Mexico, from Jan of this year.)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Bobby screwed up Scarlet Begonias so bad that he almost stopped the song in tonight's show, lol.
    (Mexico, from Jan of this year.)
    The Fire On The Mountain after ripped! Oteil sings, and Jeff tears up the boards on a pure piano. That can be really nice sometimes.

(FWIW, D&C don't always play Scarlet/Fire; they are often stand alone songs.)

Drums is so fun with Oteil banging with them.

Happy 73rd birthday to Bob Weir, AND happy 43rd birthday to John Mayer! Good streaming going on social media for those interested, or just pull something up to celebrate.

Uh oh — someone check on Jeffrey for me:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-ar...being-murdered

Uh oh — someone check on Jeffrey for me:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-ar...being-murdered
    Thanks for checking, I’m still alive and kickin’.

In the early 80’s, I saw many GD shows with my friend (John). In the mid-80’s, over a 4 year period, John got much more serious and saw every GD concert (about 300 consecutive shows). We parted traveling together when John started seeing entire tours and frequently hitchhiking to shows. When I passed on the hitchhiking plan, John and another friend hit the road for a summer tour. Upon their return, they informed me they caught a ride from a guy in the mid-west, who pulled onto a dirt road and robbed them at gun point. Said differently, they’re very fortunate not to be discussed in the “Dead and Gone” podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Thanks for checking, I’m still alive and kickin’.

In the early 80’s, I saw many GD shows with my friend (John). In the mid-80’s, over a 4 year period, John got much more serious and saw every GD concert (about 300 consecutive shows). We parted traveling together when John started seeing entire tours and frequently hitchhiking to shows. When I passed on the hitchhiking plan, John and another friend hit the road for a summer tour. Upon their return, they informed me they caught a ride from a guy in the mid-west, who pulled onto a dirt road and robbed them at gun point. Said differently, they’re very fortunate not to be discussed in the “Dead and Gone” podcast.
    In the timbers of Fennario . . . .

Bringing me down,
    I'm running aground,
    Blind in the light of the interstate cars,
    Passing me by,
    The buses and semis,
    Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.

Bringing me down,
    I'm running aground,
    Blind in the light of the interstate cars,
    Passing me by,
    The buses and semis,
    Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.
    The bus came by, and I got on.
    That's when it all began . . . .

Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb,
    you know better, but I know him,
    like I told you, what I said,
    steal your face right off your head!

Rat in a drain ditch, caught on a limb,
    you know better, but I know him,
    like I told you, what I said,
    steal your face right off your head!
    This is my fave Dead song. "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile" has gotten me through several wildernesses.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This is my fave Dead song. "Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile" has gotten me through several wildernesses.
    Always liked being at a show when they slid into that song. You knew the second set was cooking.

Always liked being at a show when they slid into that song. You knew the second set was cooking.
    I wouldn't know since Jerry died on my 13th birthday, but then there's Europe '72 and Dick's Picks 15, for example, and I understand what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    One of the best versions I saw was Hampton 5-1-81. The vocals in the final couple of minutes were exceptional. IMO, Jerry played and sang exceptionally well that evening.

https://archive.org/details/gd81-05-...1-5-1d2t06.shn

One of the best versions I saw was Hampton 5-1-81. The vocals in the final couple of minutes were exceptional. IMO, Jerry played and sang exceptionally well that evening.

https://archive.org/details/gd81-05-...1-5-1d2t06.shn
    This is also one of the best versions I saw. I really like how they played He’s Gone in Spring ‘81. Most, of course, prefer 70’s versions.

https://archive.org/details/gd81-05-...05-06d3t02.shn