Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Super Bowl LVIII - 49'ers vs Chiefs

game is on defcon 6 for hype...

who ya got?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I got the Lions. Looks like I lose.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

who ya got?
    It just stinks that we're getting the same matchup as 4 years ago...wait am I in the right thread?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I got the Lions. Looks like I lose.

Yes, but I'm hearing TayTay is going to parachute in with the game ball.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post

who ya got?
    Defcon 1 actually...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Not before he puts a ring on it.

But then again, I'm not sure her handlers at the CIA and NSA would allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I love the Swift prop bets. Hilarious!

I was sick of seeing Taylor Swift about halfway through the season. It's going to be a tough broadcast to get through.

Too bad it's not on ABC/ESPN where they would do half a dozen different broadcasts and maybe one of them could be a Taylor Swift free version.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    I was sick of seeing Taylor Swift about halfway through the season. It's going to be a tough broadcast to get through.

Too bad it's not on ABC/ESPN where they would do half a dozen different broadcasts and maybe one of them could be a Taylor Swift free version.
    Embrace it. Their job is to catch a ball. There’s a reason the E comes first in ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post

Average screen time for T Swift is < 25 seconds per 3+ hour game broadcast. Suck it up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/25/s...smid=url-share

I’m excited for this matchup. I like KC, my wife and daughter like Taylor Swift, I love the intersection of sports and pop-star spectacle and 49er fans I have to interact with are close to the worst.

Most of all, I think this could be a good game and can’t wait to watch it play out.

Until then it’s all popcorn for me (with a silent respect for the misery of SoutherDukie and others that have to slog through the media blitz).
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by missfinch View Post
    Average screen time for T Swift is < 25 seconds per 3+ hour game broadcast. Suck it up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/25/s...smid=url-share
    I would rather see Taylor Swift than Jerry Jones. Unless the Cowboys are getting slaughtered - then watching Jerry Jones is kind of fun...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Defcon 1 actually...
    wish i could edit that...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I expect most people will pick the Chiefs in this one, but some of that will be recency bias because they just played their two best games of the season back-to-back while the Niners had to come from behind twice. I think this one could go any number of ways, but as a Niners fan I am heartened when I remind myself that the 2019 49ers team that should've finished off the Chiefs in the Super Bowl did not have Christian McCaffrey or Trent Williams or Brandon Aiyuk or Brock Purdy or Charvarius Ward, and guys like Deebo and Dre Greenlaw were rookies.

It's gonna be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Until then it’s all popcorn for me (with a silent respect for the misery of SoutherDukie and others that have to slog through the media blitz).
    Thanks, Cato. I find myself in an interesting position this year. As usual, my home will host a Super Bowl party with family and a few friends. My daughter’s father-in-law is a huge Niners fan. He’s also quite obnoxious about it. So I’m in a pretty good position, as far as rooting and enjoying the game. I win either way. Since I’m not really rooting for the Chiefs, if the Niners win I can console myself in that. But if the Chiefs win, I can also have quite a few silent chuckles at the expense of my daughter’s in-laws.

I have no dog in this fight, I like both teams, but I am SO impressed by Mahomes's poise, mobility and improvisation in the pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Thanks, Cato. I find myself in an interesting position this year. As usual, my home will host a Super Bowl party with family and a few friends. My daughter’s father-in-law is a huge Niners fan. He’s also quite obnoxious about it. So I’m in a pretty good position, as far as rooting and enjoying the game. I win either way. Since I’m not really rooting for the Chiefs, if the Niners win I can console myself in that. But if the Chiefs win, I can also have quite a few silent chuckles at the expense of my daughter’s in-laws.
    I think you’re secretly rooting for the Chiefs. It’s often that thing we claim to dislike so much that we actually have a strong attraction to deep down. It might even be subconscious, who knows? Of course, this rule does not apply to Orange Man; he is in a category all by himself.

Anyway, I’m rooting hard for the Chiefs. I respect the 49ers and their legacy, but I almost always root against them. I occasionally have a dilemna, though, if they’re playing Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or Philadelphia. I see KC winning this one similarly to the way they beat Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I think you’re secretly rooting for the Chiefs. It’s often that thing we claim to dislike so much that we actually have a strong attraction to deep down.
    Ehhh... No! Me rooting for the Chiefs right now would be like Matt Mitchell ranking Missouri #1 among Southern States.

I think you’re secretly rooting for the Chiefs. It’s often that thing we claim to dislike so much that we actually have a strong attraction to deep down. It might even be subconscious, who knows? Of course, this rule does not apply to Orange Man; he is in a category all by himself.

Anyway, I’m rooting hard for the Chiefs. I respect the 49ers and their legacy, but I almost always root against them. I occasionally have a dilemna, though, if they’re playing Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or Philadelphia. I see KC winning this one similarly to the way they beat Baltimore.
    Let me tell you -- Mahomes was my fantasy QB this year -- and he sucked. He was also my QB last year -- and I won. But I have a recency bias.

I'm going for the 49ers, my grandsons' team and featuring Duke grandson, brother and nephew, Christian McC.

It’s often that thing we claim to dislike so much that we actually have a strong attraction to deep down.
    So — we’re all really Cowboy fans?

{ducks}