0 0%
  • Murray St.

0 0%
  • Marshall

0 0%
  • SFAustin/CSFulleton/LIU/Radford

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NCAA East collector thread (Villanova #1 seed, Purdue #2)

Post your thoughts about the East region here. And don't forget to vote in the poll for who will win this bracket.

-Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cakewalk through a daisy field with bluebirds singing in the sunshine for nova.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Yeah I can't see any of these teams seriously threatening. In theory Florida could get hot from three, but I feel like we've been saying that for four months now. West Virginia is always tough with how physical they are. Haven't watched a lot of Purdue but they have good balance. It's a pretty easy pick to put Nova in the FF.

Collin Sexton is the tournament's first weekend star. Bye Nova.

Don't sleep on Purdue.

I'm picking Texas Tech to win the East. Why? I expect more than one #1 seed will not win their regional and make the final four. I'm beating it is two. I have a gut feeling Villanova will be one of the two; moreover, I was not impressed with Purdue the couple of times I saw them play this season so I am defaulting to the #3 seed Texas Tech Red Raiders.
    Bob Green

Va Tech got screwed, at least a bit, by a charge call on Robinson instead of an and-1 that would've brought them to within one point in the last two minutes of the game. To top it off, the foul was Robinson's fifth, and then Buzz got a technical.
    Ball game.
    Didn't help that with about four minutes left in the half, Tech had more turnovers than field goals. And Sexton suddenly becomes Allen Iverson in the last few minutes of every close game.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Va Tech got screwed, at least a bit, by a charge call on Robinson instead of an and-1 that would've brought them to within one point in the last two minutes of the game. To top it off, the foul was Robinson's fifth, and then Buzz got a technical.
    Ball game.
    Didn't help that with about four minutes left in the half, Tech had more turnovers than field goals. And Sexton suddenly becomes Allen Iverson in the last few minutes of every close game.
    Buzz botched that big time.

Rough first day for the ACC. Duke was the only team to advance, while Miami, Va Tech, and NC State were all sent home.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Rough first day for the ACC. Duke was the only team to advance, while Miami, Va Tech, and NC State were all sent home.
    Partially because VT and NCSU didn't have to play Duke in their first games.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Ball game.
    You can't get screwed by a good call. As Duke fans, we should be sympathetic to teams who take charges from Virginia Tech. I'll never forget you, Deron Washington.

Ball game.
    I thought it was a close call that could have gone either way. But I also think what Buzz was upset about was that before the block/charge happened, an Alabama player appeared to foul Robinson swiping at his arm while he was driving to the basket. If the ref makes that call then the block/charge never even happens and VT is shooting free throws.

Objectively speaking it was a really exciting game though!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I thought it was a close call that could have gone either way. But I also think what Buzz was upset about was that before the block/charge happened, an Alabama player appeared to foul Robinson swiping at his arm while he was driving to the basket. If the ref makes that call then the block/charge never even happens and VT is shooting free throws.

A least some ref had the courage to T-up Buzz (stay the hell off the court, big fella).
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post

I think your theory on Buzz is 100% dead on. From my observation, and experience as player and coach, and announcing, is that frustration with officiating is cumulative. Buzz saw one foul missed, then the next second there is a controversial call against him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I think your theory on Buzz is 100% dead on. From my observation, and experience as player and coach, and announcing, is that frustration with officiating is cumulative. Buzz saw one foul missed, then the next second there is a controversial call against him as well.
    Regardless of his frustration, his loss of composure may have cost them the game. Numbskull move on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Regardless of his frustration, his loss of composure may have cost them the game. Numbskull move on his part.
    To me it looked like Robinson released the shot before making contact with the defender. Regardless of the call, shouldn't the shot have counted?

Well that was a "Shocker" in San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    To me it looked like Robinson released the shot before making contact with the defender. Regardless of the call, shouldn't the shot have counted?
    Doesn't matter if the call was right. It was his outburst that put the game out of reach. Dumb move.

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    They changed that rule recently - any charge waves of the shot, whether or not the ball is released before contact.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Purdue's Haas out for season with broken elbow suffered today. SUCKS for Purdue. I genuinely believe they had a GREAT shot at winning a title. Really had all the pieces, except for a lot of tournament experience. Great shooting, great size inside, great rebounding and defense. Quite a blow.