Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I don't think my hopes for Pulisic could go higher.

It makes me terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I don't think my hopes for Pulisic could go higher.

It makes me terrified.
    Yeah, Jozy has 2 goals, but I think Pulisic and Wood have been the stars thus far.

For a "must win game" the US is sure taking care of business. Fun fun fun!

-Jason "Donald/BlazinDW is at the game, I hope he provides a report afterward" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, Jozy has 2 goals, but I think Pulisic and Wood have been the stars thus far.
    Told ya
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Goal for Christian for the USA and a clean sheet for Will for Duke? Sounds like a good day at the two Pulisic households.

For a "must win game" the US is sure taking care of business. Fun fun fun!

-Jason "Donald/BlazinDW is at the game, I hope he provides a report afterward" Evans
    I loved Jozy's goal. The ball to Pulisic, the way he beat his defender, Pulisic's pass, Altidore's run and confident finish.

I loved that Jozy delivered the ball to Christian on the first goal.

I guess what I loved was seeing Altidore, Pulisic and Wood working so well together.

This was the game they needed!

I am most appreciative of Altidore and Pulisic scoring so early to allow me to really focus my attention on the Cubs game. Very considerate!

Great night for the US. Much needed win. Now a draw with T&T should likely be enough to put us through thanks to goal diff.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Now a draw with T&T should likely be enough to put us through thanks to goal diff.
    Well, if Honduras pulls off an upset at Costa Rica tonight (unlikely, but not impossible) it could make things complicated. I mean, is it impossible to imagine Mexico laying down at Honduras on Tuesday if a loss would potentially knock the US out of the Cup?

Of course, if we take care of business and beat T&T, far and away the worst team in the Hex**, then it does not matter. I know we only need a draw, but we should take the momentum from this Panama game and turn it into a win.

-Jason "**- anything can happen in soccer... T&T was beating Mexico at Mexico last night until the final ten minutes or so" Evans

Well, if Honduras pulls off an upset at Costa Rica tonight (unlikely, but not impossible) it could make things complicated. I mean, is it impossible to imagine Mexico laying down at Honduras on Tuesday if a loss would potentially knock the US out of the Cup?

Of course, if we take care of business and beat T&T, far and away the worst team in the Hex**, then it does not matter. I know we only need a draw, but we should take the momentum from this Panama game and turn it into a win.

-Jason "**- anything can happen in soccer... T&T was beating Mexico at Mexico last night until the final ten minutes or so" Evans
    Right, that is why I said "likely." We are not assured of advancing with a draw. Though I do think a draw will ultimately suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Right, that is why I said "likely." We are not assured of advancing with a draw. Though I do think a draw will ultimately suffice.
    Honduras tied with Costa Rica. That means team USA goes through with a draw unless panama wins their game by seven goals or more. Put another way, the USA goes through with a draw.

Honduras tied with Costa Rica. That means team USA goes through with a draw unless panama wins their game by seven goals or more. Put another way, the USA goes through with a draw.
    And, we have come full circle.

I expect we will win anyway, but it is nice to only realistically need a draw. Winning against Panama was huge. Blowing Panama out was doubly huge.

looking forward to the game tonight, though I suspect a lot of people can't get it on TV...i had expected it on some Fox or ESPN channel, instead it lurks on beIN, whatever the hell that is, but I get it on DirecTV.
    Gotta be amused about the weather stuff, if it ain't snow in the U.S., it's pond soccer in Tobasco.

Pulisic's last effort shows us what the presence of one mega talent on the field can do for a team...kudos to Champagne Bruce for putting him in the midfield...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    looking forward to the game tonight, though I suspect a lot of people can't get it on TV...i had expected it on some Fox or ESPN channel, instead it lurks on beIN, whatever the hell that is, but I get it on DirecTV.
    Gotta be amused about the weather stuff, if it ain't snow in the U.S., it's pond soccer in Tobasco.

Pulisic's last effort shows us what the presence of one mega talent on the field can do for a team...kudos to Champagne Bruce for putting him in the midfield...
    Also on Univision I think.

Be sure to check the hispanic channels like Univision, etc. There was a game on last year on some weird channel I had never heard of and I didn't have, but when I scrolled through all the channels, it was on Univision or one of the other hispanic channels, even though it wasn't on the guide. I had to watch in Spanish, which made it more exciting at times.

Wait, "beIN"?. As in Muy Bein? That's probably a hipsanic channel anyway now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Be sure to check the hispanic channels like Univision, etc. There was a game on last year on some weird channel I had never heard of and I didn't have, but when I scrolled through all the channels, it was on Univision or one of the other hispanic channels, even though it wasn't on the guide. I had to watch in Spanish, which made it more exciting at times.

Wait, "beIN"?. As in Muy Bein? That's probably a hipsanic channel anyway now that I think about it.
    good question..did see some Spanish on it today when I tuned in, but get this, you didn't see THIS coming: it's owned by Al Jazeera....or so say monsieur Geugle...

good question..did see some Spanish on it today when I tuned in, but get this, you didn't see THIS coming: it's owned by Al Jazeera...or so say monsieur Geugle...
    You are correct, I wouldn't have been able to make that connection with a minimum of 10 guesses.

So to be clear, if we want to watch the United States Men's Team play in the final round, we have to watch it on an hispanic channel, that's owned by Al Jazeera, for a chance to play in the World Cup in Russia? Is any sport more International than "Futbol"? No. The answer's no.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    You are correct, I wouldn't have been able to make that connection with a minimum of 10 guesses.

So to be clear, if we want to watch the United States Men's Team play in the final round, we have to watch it on an hispanic channel, that's owned by Al Jazeera, for a chance to play in the World Cup in Russia? Is any sport more International than "Futbol"? No. The answer's no.
    On a soaking wet field in Trinidad & Tobago.

My soccer obsessed son has been fighting me for the remote as I have been wanting to watch the baseball playoffs and he discovered that the U17 World Cup in India is on so I believe we were watching Iraq-Mexico the other night while the Yankees were in a nail biter vs. the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    On a soaking wet field in Trinidad & Tobago.

My soccer obsessed son has been fighting me for the remote as I have been wanting to watch the baseball playoffs and he discovered that the U17 World Cup in India is on so I believe we were watching Iraq-Mexico the other night while the Yankees were in a nail biter vs. the Indians.
    Ha ha. I was outnumbered by two daughters and a wife that all wanted to watch Cake Wars. I usually get my way, so I gave up this fight because basketball season is coming. Choose your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Also on Univision I think.
    Indeed. I have beIN (which I only know because of USMNT games), but Univision is the other choice.

BTW, beIN is not a Spanish language station.
    Last edited by cato; 10-10-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Just to get a bit odd, I live in Saudi, where the only option should be beIN which has a very visible presence here. Or at least they did last year. Now, amidst the lovely spat Saudi and Qatar have found themselves in, beIN is currently barred from Saudi, so there is nowhere, beside some less than kosher internet streams. So I guess that's what I'll be doing in the morning(along with seeing what happens if Argentina fails to win in Ecuador, which they failed to do in the last 3 world cup qualifying cycles)

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Just to get a bit odd, I live in Saudi, where the only option should be beIN which has a very visible presence here. Or at least they did last year. Now, amidst the lovely spat Saudi and Qatar have found themselves in, beIN is currently barred from Saudi, so there is nowhere, beside some less than kosher internet streams. So I guess that's what I'll be doing in the morning(along with seeing what happens if Argentina fails to win in Ecuador, which they failed to do in the last 3 world cup qualifying cycles)
    Didn't think that a lot of people kept kosher in Saudi. ;>)