Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Streels having a big second round, 4-under through 15 holes to put him in a tie for 9th place. Early, but this is the kind of result he needs to keep moving on in the playoff.
    The round got even better. He finished six under on the day, seven under for the tournament. He's tied for second place. Go Blue Devils!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Obviously still a long way to go but Streelman's projected FedEx Cup standing is now 26th fwiw...

Streels is one behind early in the third round. So far he's invisible to the commentators.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Streels is one behind early in the third round. So far he's invisible to the commentators.
    Actually, that's bad. He gets paid by sponsors based on air time (seconds where logos are visible, I believe). How's you like to be the worker bee that has to tally all those seconds for all those players and all those sponsors?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman falling off the pace but should still make it to next week. Justin Thomas is making his case for Player of the Year.

There was a little-known incident a few years. All of the golf commentators from every network that covers pro golf were walking their dogs in a parking lot. Streelman got behind the wheel of an F-450 and mowed down all the dogs, every single one.

So, the commentator illuminati decreed that his name could never again be uttered on a golf telecast.

Kevin had a poor third round but still finds himself in 70th place in the FedEx Cup standings, the cutoff to make the next round of the playoffs. A decent-good round tomorrow will give him some breathing room.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Kevin is widely regarded as one of the nicest guys on tour, so...
    Once, when he was relatively new to the PGA Tour, there was a year-long contest for the best score based on one hole selected for each tournament. Kevin won the contest and a million dollars -- which he then gave to his parents and in-laws.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Streelman is struggling today, 3 over for the day through 16.

5 over on the 'weekend', he played himself out of the next round. Too bad, he was tied for 2nd 2 days ago, I think his projected place was around 26 (which would have gotten him into the final weekend if he could have held it through next week). Now he's out with a placement of 86.

A Spieth-Thomas duel over the next 15 years could be real good for golf.

Ryan Blaum in 2d After Two Rounds at St. Jude

Ryan shoots 67-64 and trails Dustin Johnson by one shot entering the weekend at the FedEx St. Jude Classic in Memphis.

Our thread-nominate golfer, Kevin Streelman, is taking the week off.

Go Ryan! Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

US Open winner Brooks Koepka going low again today. So what? His uncle is Dick Groat.

US Open winner Brooks Koepka going low again today. So what? His uncle is Dick Groat.
    Didn't know that.

In Blue Devil action, Ryan Blaum started the day T-6 and Streels started T-22. Both have fallen back some as low scores are being posted. Ryan is even through two holes and Kevin even through nine.
    Sage Grouse

Great Uncle to be correct.

As of yesterday, Celine Boutier was in the hunt at the LPGA tournament. Can't remember exactly, but she was definitely on the first page of the leaderboard.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    As of yesterday, Celine Boutier was in the hunt at the LPGA tournament. Can't remember exactly, but she was definitely on the first page of the leaderboard.
    Finished T-15 at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship.

Celine has made the cut in six of her last seven tournaments and has winnings nearing $100 thousand for the year.
    Sage Grouse

Ryan Blaum finished the tourney in T12. He made $147,000. His FedExCup ranking is up to 105. It was 143 a month ago.

Kevin Streelman finished the tourney in T33. He made $39,550. His FedExCup ranking is 62.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Finished T-15 at the Walmart NW Arkansas Championship.

Celine has made the cut in six of her last seven tournaments and has winnings nearing $100 thousand for the year.
    Good for her! She had a rather pedestrian Sunday, while the teen Japanese phenom Nasa Hataoka went low (I think she shot a final round 63?) to run away with it. Still a good showing and a good start overall to the year by Celine.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Streelman on the Move!

Kevin shot a second round 62 at the Quicken Loans National, bringing him to six under for the tournament -- sixth place with half the field yet to tee off. Ryan Blaum is at -1, well inside the cut line, although +2 through 16 holes today.

This is Tiger's tournament, and he is -5 today through 16 holes, tied for 11th.
    Sage Grouse

Streelman's 62 (29 on back) was low round of the day. He climbed 87 spots to T7 and is three back.