Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Round 3 is in the books. Streelman is one of 12 golfers at T20.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Round 3 is in the books. Streelman is one of 12 golfers at T20.
    And Ryan Blaum is one of them. Blaum was +1 yesterday. LGD! GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And Ryan Blaum is one of them. Blaum was +1 yesterday. LGD! GTHc!
    And despite more than ten players tied for 20th, Blaum and Streelman paired together in same twosome today.

In the final round, Streels is even par through 15, but playing partner and fellow Dukie, Ryan Blaum, is on a roll at -4. He is now in the top ten in a tie for 9th.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In the final round, Streels is even par through 15, but playing partner and fellow Dukie, Ryan Blaum, is on a roll at -4. He is now in the top ten in a tie for 9th.
    Blaum is now -6 and tied for fifth, going into his final hole. A par means a top-ten finish I expect.
    Last edited by sagegrouse; 07-09-2017 at 03:58 PM.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Blaum is now -6 and tied for fifth, going into his final hole. A par means a top-ten finish I expect.
    Should be Ryan's best result as a pro -- he posted a 64 and should finish in the top ten. He has never done that before. Go Ryan!
    Sage Grouse

Should be Ryan's best result as a pro -- he posted a 64 and should finish in the top ten. He has never done that before. Go Ryan!
    This is a big deal for Ryan. It will boost him dramatically up the money standings and he may now qualify for the FedEx championship tourneys. He needed a finish like this to earn his card for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    This is a big deal for Ryan. It will boost him dramatically up the money standings and he may now qualify for the FedEx championship tourneys. He needed a finish like this to earn his card for next season.
    Will this qualify Ryan for the British Open? I've never quite understood how these PGA Tour "qualifier" events work exactly. I guess he needs help now, in order to get in the top 4 and be sure?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Will this qualify Ryan for the British Open? I've never quite understood how these PGA Tour "qualifier" events work exactly. I guess he needs help now, in order to get in the top 4 and be sure?
    Yea, not sure either. If he can finish 4th alone I think he's in. If tied for 4th, they take the leader in money (or points) among those tied. This according to announcers who may not really know either.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yea, not sure either. If he can finish 4th alone I think he's in. If tied for 4th, they take the leader in money (or points) among those tied. This according to announcers who may not really know either.
    This link says that the Top 4 finishers who are (a) among the top 12 and (b) haven't already qualified get a British Open invitation. So, because Russell Henley has already qualified, he won't count. But they apparently use World Rankings to break ties. So Ryan needs someone besides Henley to fall back below him these last few holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This link says that the Top 4 finishers who are (a) among the top 12 and (b) haven't already qualified get a British Open invitation. So, because Russell Henley has already qualified, he won't count. But they apparently use World Rankings to break ties. So Ryan needs someone besides Henley to fall back below him these last few holes.
    Ryan missed out on qualifying for The Open. But, his strong finish has vaulted him to #99 in the FedEx cup standings, making it extremely likely he will qualify for the FedEx Cup. The top 125 all make it to round one. It begins in a little more than a month.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Streelman tees off at 8:30 am tomorrow morning in the 1st round at the John Deere Classic.
    Bob Green

Streelman shot -4 (67) today and is currently T10. A very nice start. He had five birdies and one bogey.
    Bob Green

Streelman is tied for 21st after two rounds and Blaum had a -5 today to move up to tied for 55th, making the cut! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Streelman eagled the par 5 second hole and birdied the third hole to go -3 on the front nine. He has moved up 13 places to T8.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Streelman eagled the par 5 second hole and birdied the third hole to go -3 on the front nine. He has moved up 13 places to T8.
    After great success on holes 2 and 3, the rest of Kevin's round was relatively uneventful. He finished the day 4-under and is now 10-under for the tourney, good for a 9-way tie for 18th place. But, he is just 1 stroke back of a 10-way tie for 8th place. Put another way, there is a lot of bunching. A good showing tomorrow could set him up to be safe for the first 3 events of the 4-event FedEx Cup, which would be great for him.

Ryan Blaum was 3-under through 15 today, but went double/bogey/bogey on the final 3 holes and now finds himself in 77th place. Ugh...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After great success on holes 2 and 3, the rest of Kevin's round was relatively uneventful.
    Streelman started the back nine with birdies on holes 10 and 11 to improve to -5 before a bogey on 13 sent him back to -4 for the day. He was as high as T4 before the bogey.
    Bob Green

Looping back (tangentially, anyway) to an earlier subject, but has Streels qualified for the British Open?

Tour Championship: Dell Technologies

Steels is playing this week at the Dell Technologies Championship at TPC Boston -- tournament runs Friday to Monday. This is the second step towards the Tour Championship -- FedEx Cup. He stands #90 and will need a top 20 finish to advance to the next round (top 70 players) at the BMW Championship.

Kevin tees off at 9:39 AM ET on Friday with David Lingmerth and Camilo Villegas.

Go Streels! Go Duke!
    Sage Grouse

Steels is playing this week at the Dell Technologies Championship at TPC Boston -- tournament runs Friday to Monday. This is the second step towards the Tour Championship -- FedEx Cup. He stands #90 and will need a top 20 finish to advance to the next round (top 70 players) at the BMW Championship.

Kevin tees off at 9:39 AM ET on Friday with David Lingmerth and Camilo Villegas.

Go Streels! Go Duke!
    Streels having a big second round, 4-under through 15 holes to put him in a tie for 9th place. Early, but this is the kind of result he needs to keep moving on in the playoff.