Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 88, FSU 70 Post Game Thread

Discuss the game here.
    Bob Green

Felt gross.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    18 point win is an 18 point win. With Paolo being off for the past few games, I’m encouraged with how the rest of the team has stepped up and showed we aren’t a one man show.

Side note: Debbie Antonelli is one of my favorite analysts. She does such a great job of concisely getting into the guts of the game.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Trash game.

This team is 2012 part two. So many offensive plays where a shot clock violation is better than what we do. Also giving up points to anyone in America.

Started slow, finished strong!

23-4, 13-3!

Good season thus far!

One more home game at Cameron for Coach K 3/5 vs UNC-CH! Tickets are up to $80,000 a pop!

Let’s Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    18 point win is an 18 point win. With Paolo being off for the past few games, I’m encouraged with how the rest of the team has stepped up and showed we aren’t a one man show.

Side note: Debbie Antonelli is one of my favorite analysts. She does such a great job of concisely getting into the guts of the game.
    Paolo was “off” yet still ended up being the game’s leading scorer with 17 points and 8 boards.

If possible, a dispiriting 18 point victory. We played against FSU’s second team and walk-ons and let them hang around for an entire half. Confounding.

Duke played great offensively all game, but the 1st half defense was really weak.
    Woulda been nice for the team to be able to build on that big lead when they had the momentum, but at least they didn't let it slip back below 10 pts.
    Very well-rounded offense with contributions from nearly everyone.
    Quick turnaround to face BC on Monday!!!

Joey buckets saved this team with his 4-5 three point shooting and 11 points off the bench tonight. Good to see the senior captain contribute. He’s a sniper off the bench from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Duke played great offensively all game, but the 1st half defense was really weak.
    Woulda been nice for the team to be able to build on that big lead when they had the momentum, but at least they didn't let it slip back below 10 pts.
    Very well-rounded offense with contributions from nearly everyone.
    Quick turnaround to face BC on Monday!!!
    We have UVA Wednesday. FSU has the quick turnaround.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If there's one positive, it's that we have 3 days to prepare for UVA instead of the quick turnaround.

I stand corrected.
    Well, now that my confusion has been allayed, I shall address my question: why is Mark Williams still not getting more minutes? It's not like he needs to save his legs for Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by cameronduke View Post
    joey buckets saved this team with his 4-5 three points shooting and 11 points off the bench tonight. Good to see the senior caption contribute. He’s a sniper off the bench from 3.
    4 x 3 = 12. 😃
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    4 x 3 = 12. 😃
    Yep I messed that one up!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I stand corrected.
    Well, now that my confusion has been allayed, I shall address my question: why is Mark Williams still not getting more minutes? It's not like he needs to save his legs for Monday night.
    Mark got two early fouls.

I can think of a few positives, like Wendell: 16-5-7-6 pts-rebs-ast-stl, pretty awesome! Banchero scored 17 with 8 boards. AJ and Keels both shot well. Joey Baker put a stop to his multi-game streak of not hitting 3s.
    Even if it's against what would normally be the bench of an ACC opponent, those are still positives.
    ed.- ooops, i was trying to respond to a different post.

Glad to see a double digit win,but it should have been more. Too much dribbling by Keels and not enough passing in our half court sets. First half FSU was shooting great, but our matador defense contributed to the Seminoles success. Banchero needs to give us 2 good halves but glad the 2nd went well. Williams was not used as effectively as he should. These were the subs we beat, not the best. UVA will be a huge test. Like to see us pound them, but this is a team that rarely shows a killer instinct. Joey Baker had a great first half. He needs to stop with the pump fakes. Just catch and release.

First half was frustrating until the last of couple of minutes, but I don't get all the negativity in this thread. I thought the rest of the game was actually pretty fun, and we never really let them back into it. Coach took their foot off the gas to burn clock at the end, and there were a couple of stupid turnovers, but it worked and we get an easy win.
    With UVa beating Miami and Wake beating ND, our position atop the conference got a lot more secure, and that last-second slam by Williams against Wake took on extra importance.

Keels shot better, and has been shooting better over the last couple of games, which bodes well. Paolo started slow b the was a beast in the second half. Moore played well. Overall, I was pretty happy with tonight's game.

Joey with a nice game. Keels with some nice assists. FSU seemed to score at will in the first half. Somewhat worrisome. Duke won easily as FSU was tired. Need to focus to play against UVa who are clearly playing better.

Well, we won a conference game by 18 points. But, in light of the circumstances, that was perhaps our worst defense of the year. Thankfully our offense was excellent. We will need to be *much* sharper to beat an improving UVA team on the road.