R.I.P. Chris Cornell

"One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Huge fan. This is devastating. Was just listening to Preaching the End of the World Last Night. Speechless. Huge talent. Heartbroken.

Chris Cornell and Roger Ailes. Never were two more different people linked forever in history.

Was he telling us not to mourn?

He ended his performance with a cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Chris Cornell and Roger Ailes. Never were two more different people linked forever in history.
    Definitely an odd linking with two very different cultural figures passing on the same day. But with similarities:

Both human, like the rest of us, with strengths and flaws
    Both innovators who changed their respective fields in significant and noteworthy ways
    Both with families left behind.

RIP to both of them, and peace to their loved ones left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

The day he tried to live, he fell on black days.

It's not even been 24 hrs but it feels like he's been away for too long.

holding further songtitle wordplay until ME's report is complete. I suspect his catalog is full of themes that in retrospect appear to foreshadow this sad end.

Was never really a fan per se, and prefer the Audioslave-era stuff to Soundgarden/grunge, but nonetheless have to acknowledge Cornell as a pretty distinctive and influential talent (with a unique, irascible personality to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by luvdahops View Post
    Was never really a fan per se, and prefer the Audioslave-era stuff to Soundgarden/grunge, but nonetheless have to acknowledge Cornell as a pretty distinctive and influential talent (with a unique, irascible personality to boot).
    Here with you. Huge fan of Audioslave, particularly the first album. I did not care for Soundgarden's sound, but when he was put together with the RATM rhythm section it was an amazing listen for me.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post

It was actually "Slaves & Bulldozers" with some "In My Time of Dying" lyrics sprinkled in, something that they have done (and closed shows with) before. May have been an intentional message but also may have just been a coincidence that they planned that set out that way.

Either way, really sad to see one of the more powerful rock voices gone so young. We are running out of grunge singers folks...of the groups that got mainstream traction it's basically down to Eddie Vedder.

Suicide.

So incredibly sad.

Boothe, Ailses ,now Chris Cornell.

Cornell was a major talent, loved Spoon Man, and will never forget the video for "Black Hole Sun".

One of my favorite singers .really enjoyed his accoustic sets.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    One of my favorite singers .really enjoyed his accoustic sets.
    Yes. His first solo album was largely acoustic. I'm usually not into hard rock but man that guy could write a melody. To me that's what set Soundgarden apart from the rest. He had a very unique style. Still sad about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Here with you. Huge fan of Audioslave, particularly the first album. I did not care for Soundgarden's sound, but when he was put together with the RATM rhythm section it was an amazing listen for me.

RIP
    IMHO, Audioslave was a far more imaginative outfit than Soundgarden. Cornell and Tom Morello had real synergy in both songwriting and performing.