Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Going next weekend? You're invited to our place for a beverage. We'd both get in a lot of trouble having a blonde at Rick's.

Especially if you gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Especially if you gamble.
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

"Play it Sam. Play it again..."

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    "Play it Sam. Play it again..."
    One of the most misquoted lines in movie history. Here's what a couple sources claim is the correct dialogue:

"Ilsa Lund: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.

Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Elsa.

Ilsa Lund: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."

Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Elsa. I'm a little rusty on it."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

One of the most misquoted lines in movie history. Here's what a couple sources claim is the correct dialogue:

"Ilsa Lund: Play it once, Sam. For old times' sake.

Sam: [lying] I don't know what you mean, Miss Elsa.

Ilsa Lund: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By."

Sam: [lying] Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Elsa. I'm a little rusty on it."

I got close without looking it up.😂

Going next weekend? You're invited to our place for a beverage. We'd both get in a lot of trouble having a blonde at Rick's.

Sadly, we are not. Wish we were, I'd love to have a beverage. I'll try reach out next time we are heading that way. Running a charity, having teenagers and trying to resurrect my golf game takes up time on the weekends!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    One lesson, a new set of irons and a new driver, and I had a very good weekend!
    While I hit the new Titleist AP1 irons well most of the time, I wondered if the lofts were all correct as I seemed to hit a couple of adjacent irons close to the same distance. So I took them into Golf Galaxy yesterday and they checked the loft and lie of all 9 irons for free ( I didn’t buy them there). All lofts were exactly correct, matching the specs they looked up! Nice to know!

Also, they have an in house golf instruction group in the store, GolfTec, and they offer an extensive 1 1/2 hour video swing analysis, including donning a harness so they can measure all sorts of angles while you swing. My swing o is so inconsistent that I have signed up to do this next Tuesday! I think it will be $125 well spent. I’ll let y’all know afterwards.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    While I hit the new Titleist AP1 irons well most of the time, I wondered if the lofts were all correct as I seemed to hit a couple of adjacent irons close to the same distance. So I took them into Golf Galaxy yesterday and they checked the loft and lie of all 9 irons for free ( I didn’t buy them there). All lofts were exactly correct, matching the specs they looked up! Nice to know!

Also, they have an in house golf instruction group in the store, GolfTec, and they offer an extensive 1 1/2 hour video swing analysis, including donning a harness so they can measure all sorts of angles while you swing. My swing o is so inconsistent that I have signed up to do this next Tuesday! I think it will be $125 well spent. I’ll let y’all know afterwards.
    Yeah, the Boditrack stuff is really interesting (assuming that's what GolfTec uses). I haven't done it myself, but my son did a couple of years ago, and the 3D images are fascinating. Keep us apprised!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Followup to my last post. As I mentioned, I played July 4th and couldn't have played worse (it was throw your whole golf bag in a pond bad). Golf league yesterday, I go out and play pretty well. Basically hit 8 of 9 tee shots great, had one other really bad shot that cost me. Didn't hit a ton of greens but didn't miss by much either. Had 4 pars and hit 2 or 3 decent putts. A nice simple round, relaxing and enjoyable. Hopefully next week I can play similarly and break this good/bad/good/bad pattern.

Now that discussion about golf balls...