Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Uptown Girl; settle a bet

Please settle a bet I have with my wife.

Billy Joel's Uptown Girl video features Christie Brinkley or Claudia Schiffer? Wikipedia says Claudia, but that's unreliable, and it sure looks like his future (now ex) wife to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eakane View Post

Billy Joel's Uptown Girl video features Christie Brinkley or Claudia Schiffer? Wikipedia says Claudia, but that's unreliable, and it sure looks like his future (now ex) wife to me.
    Brinkley.

Yeah that's what I think. But even though I'm the lawyer and she's not, I'll need a citation. Please help! It's become a bit of feud.

Brinkley's Wikipedia (correctly) says it's her. See also here (toward the bottom of the article), here, and here.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Yeah that's what I think. But even though I'm the lawyer and she's not, I'll need a citation. Please help! It's become a bit of feud.
    Ummm...other than common knowledge? Just pause that video at 1:38 and show her a picture of 80's Brinkley. It should be quite obvious from that.

However, since you asked:

On the big screen, she made her acting debut in 1983 opposite Chevy Chase as "the girl in the red Ferarri" in the hit feature film National Lampoon's Vacation, which is listed as one of the Top Ten Funniest films of all time.. and its 1997 sequel, Vegas Vacation. And participated in new interviews for the release of the DVD last year? She also famously appeared in Billy Joel's classic music videos "Uptown Girl," "Keeping the Faith" and "All About Soul," as well as painted the Cover of his album "River of Dreams" Mick Jones' music video "Just Wanna Hold. Christie was also featured in the Adam Sandler film, "Jack and Jill."

http://www.christiebrinkley.com/

Aha! Claudia was in a 2001 music video of a different version of the song (performed by boy band Westlife):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HTexqxo1og

So maybe your wife is thinking of that video instead of the classic Billy Joel version.

Thanks!!

Wait a sec, around here, "Because I said so!" still holds a lot of weight. Let me know if you need back up.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Wait a sec, around here, "Because I said so!" still holds a lot of weight. Let me know if you need back up.
    It does for wives. Husbands, not so much.

Dang, this one was easy and I woulda responded sooner but had a high quality beer exchange/tasting session with fuse. Maybe next time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dang, this one was easy and I woulda responded sooner but had a high quality beer exchange/tasting session with fuse. Maybe next time.
    Ok, next one -- what supermodel was in The video for Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On?

(Still easy, but at least it gives me an excuse to pull up the video)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Indeed it does. The faster Eakane concedes the point, the better.

After all, there is a difference between being right and winning the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Ok, next one -- what supermodel was in The video for Stacy's Mom Has Got It Going On?

Rachel Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Indeed it does. The faster Eakane concedes the point, the better.

After all, there is a difference between being right and winning the argument.
    There are two ways to argue with Mrs. OPK. Neither one works, and one usually involves a couch before all is said and done.

That was not easy at all. I'd never seen that video and have since deleted it from my search feature.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You alread ygot your answer, but wouldn't Claudia Schiffer have been like 13 when that video was filmed?

There are two ways to argue with Mrs. OPK. Neither one works, and one usually involves a couch before all is said and done.
    Tell me about it!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Tell me about it!
    You've argued with her, too?

I have worked off and on over the years with a gentleman who has celebrated his 60th wedding anniversary (and then some, by this point). He says he always gets the last two words in any argument with his wife. Those words are, "Yes, dear."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."