Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Frank Jackson Reportedly Declares But Not Hiring Agent

Gary Parrish just tweeted:

No announcement is imminent. But Frank Jackson is planning to return to Duke for his sophomore season, a source told @CBSSports.

4/22- Moderator Note: Numerous sources now reporting Frank Jackson has declared but will not hire agent, so possibly just testing the waters.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ont-hire-agent
    http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5091427...jackson-a-lone
    Last edited by Newton_14; 04-22-2017 at 10:21 PM. Reason: New Announcement (4/22)
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

I never put any stock in that rumor from one site, and it just seemed to make perfect sense to return for at least one more year. But good to get some more evidence!

This is great to hear!

Goodman's article on ESPN below about Grayson returning (pretty annoying, I recommend not reading it!) also alludes to Frank's status being unclear. So that rumor was out there.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-senior-season

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    This is great to hear!

Goodman's article on ESPN below about Grayson returning (pretty annoying, I recommend not reading it!) also alludes to Frank's status being unclear. So that rumor was out there.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-senior-season
    What's annoying about it? This?

The 6-foot-5 Allen had a disappointing campaign both on and off the court. He battled numerous injuries, was suspended for a game due to a tripping incident -- and also saw his NBA stock take a hit.
    The latter part of the paragraph is 100% accurate. The first part is debatable. I think the question should be, "Do you think Grayson was happy with how the season went?" If you think "Yes!", then you think Goodman is wrong. If you think, "Probably not", then you'll agree with Goodman. I tend to think, "Probably not".
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Best SG/SF rotation in the nation with Jackson, Allen, and Trent. Hopefully we add a PG to make it all hum. I wasn't worried Jackson would go, but nice to have confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Best SG/SF rotation in the nation with Jackson, Allen, and Trent. Hopefully we add a PG to make it all hum. I wasn't worried Jackson would go, but nice to have confirmation.
    It's a nasty collection of wings. But I really want Duval. He would take so much pressure off of Grayson and (especially) Jackson.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What's annoying about it? This?

The latter part of the paragraph is 100% accurate. The first part is debatable. I think the question should be, "Do you think Grayson was happy with how the season went?" If you think "Yes!", then you think Goodman is wrong. If you think, "Probably not", then you'll agree with Goodman. I tend to think, "Probably not".
    I guess I'm just focusing on different things than Goodman.

I'm looking to put the past season, when Grayson wasn't healthy and was unfairly vilified by the media, in the rear-view. I'm really looking forward to what senior captain Grayson will do next season. I expect Grayson to earn first round draft status, be an All American, and complete the kind of senior year that earns his jersey hanging in Cameron's rafters forever.

I'm excited about this decision because having a player like Grayson Allen for 4 years is pretty rare and pretty cool.

Maybe I'm overly superstitious, but let's not jinx this. "Planning to return" is different from "return." Plus, an unnamed source.

April 23rd is Sunday. Once that day passes and there is no declaration, then that's confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Maybe I'm overly superstitious, but let's not jinx this. "Planning to return" is different from "return." Plus, an unnamed source.

April 23rd is Sunday. Once that day passes and there is no declaration, then that's confirmation.
    I'm in the same boat. Granted, I'll say Gary Parrish has a lot more insider info than some of the other guys we've been following, but in the past few weeks we've been told that Bolden was transferring, Jackson was declaring, Duval was visiting today, and Knox was leaving UNC off his visit list.

I'll take this as good news, but I'll go ahead and do so with cautious optimism.

Best SG/SF rotation in the nation with Jackson, Allen, and Trent. Hopefully we add a PG to make it all hum.
    Perhaps. But if we get Duval and miss on Knox, I forsee 4 guard lineups in our future.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Looking forward to Frank's Sophomore campaign. Lots of potential there. I think we only saw the tip of the surface this season.

With Grayson and Frank on the wings and Trent spelling them off the bench, we should once again have a strong offensive backcourt. Grayson will slide right back into the role he played his Soph season and Luke played this season. He will thrive in that role as a Senior as will Frank on the other wing.

Awesome to have them both back.

I'm not sure why some people want to continue shortchanging Frank, but he is definitely our starting point guard next season. I firmly believe he earned that right by the way he performed down the stretch last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    I'm not sure why some people want to continue shortchanging Frank, but he is definitely our starting point guard next season. I firmly believe he earned that right by the way he performed down the stretch last season.
    Even if Duval comes?

Newton_14 is assuming that Duval comes. It's a double jinx (assuming both Frank and Duval), but if true, Duval would be the primary PG, yes.

Please, basketball gods, let this happen. The quickness, ball-handling, and passing of a Duval-Jackson-Allen perimeter, wow. With a really good, top-15 frosh in Trent off the bench. That's what I've been rooting for since the offseason started.

I love Frank, I think he starts for us next year, I think he has a breakout season, and I hope Duval starts as our point guard. IMO Frank is a scorer and is at his best when playing as a scorer in an off guard position. Frank is not at his best when his primary role is trying to create for his teammates. But Duval can certainly do that.

If we start Duval at point, Grayson and Frank as scoring guards, Carter at 4, and Bamba or Bolden at 5, we will be fun to watch. With Trent and Knox off the bench, that team becomes a title contender.

We'll see, but I'd sure love to see 2-3 more recruits join this exciting team.

Allen was more effective at PG than Jackson last year at least from an offensive standpoint. I'm sure Duvall will be great if he comes but I'm not worried as much about generating points either way. Frank and Grayson should compliment each other well. Frank did s good job of getting to the rim at times but he can improve at dropping the ball off to the open bigs when the defense rotates over.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Newton_14 is assuming that Duval comes. It's a double jinx (assuming both Frank and Duval), but if true, Duval would be the primary PG, yes.

Please, basketball gods, let this happen. The quickness, ball-handling, and passing of a Duval-Jackson-Allen perimeter, wow. With a really good, top-15 frosh in Trent off the bench. That's what I've been rooting for since the offseason started.
    Yep. If we are fortunate to pair Allen with both Duval and Jackson, with a frontcourt rotation of - at least - Bolden, Carter, and DeLaurier, that is a wealth of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I love Frank, I think he starts for us next year, I think he has a breakout season, and I hope Duval starts as our point guard. IMO Frank is a scorer and is at his best when playing as a scorer in an off guard position. Frank is not at his best when his primary role is trying to create for his teammates. But Duval can certainly do that.

If we start Duval at point, Grayson and Frank as scoring guards, Carter at 4, and Bamba or Bolden at 5, we will be fun to watch. With Trent and Knox off the bench, that team becomes a title contender.

We'll see, but I'd sure love to see 2-3 more recruits join this exciting team.
    I think if Duke hangs onto Frank and lands Duval, we'll be a title contender even without Bamba and Knox. We probably wouldn't be the strongest contender, but we'll be up there.

Yep. If we are fortunate to pair Allen with both Duval and Jackson, with a frontcourt rotation of - at least - Bolden, Carter, and DeLaurier, that is a wealth of talent.
    Yup. We'd just need health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Perhaps. But if we get Duval and miss on Knox, I forsee 4 guard lineups in our future.
    With Bolden, Carter, DeLaurier, and Vrank already available, why would this happen?

I don't think it is any way shortchanging Frank. Frank has the potential to be an elite scoring wing player at Duke. In his FR year, he did not demonstrate natural PG tendencies, but that isn't shortchanging him. If we land a PG in this class I think you will see a breakout Soph season from Frank.