24, Anyone? (Spoilery)

Did anyone get the significance of the Bible verse that Logan was muttering to himself (and had conveniently hi-lited)? I couldn't catch it all.

Also, does anyone else not feel that their 24-watching experience is complete until they've seen the week's summary by the Amazing Steve?

Carrie

24, anyone? Spoilers

All in all, a good episode...I missed the verse as I got a phone call just at the wrong time. I have to believe that Logan is still bad and that Jack is again being set up...
    If you want to be in politics in the 24 world, go for VP...There will always be an accident, plot, or attempt against the President which will land you in the oval office..
    The previews for next week look good though Jack apparently has learned anything from his time in the Chinese prison..

Cool Psalms 40:2

Psalms 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

I have a random question regarding 24: Is the entire presidential staff in a bunker? I got the impression that once nukes were bandied about, he went underground. I'm still trying to figure out how all of their cell phones work 200 feet under the ground. They must have cell repeaters there with them. While I'm on the cell phone rant, didn't they say in previous seasons that cell phones weren't allowed in CTU due to all the terrorists sharing confidential info? It seems like that rule was forgotten as well...

I know, why am I looking for 24 to make sense? I still enjoy the show, even if it's the same plot.

10 thoughts about 24

1. Jack has not killed enough this year
    2. As noted above, he clearly is no scared of consulates even after his stay at lovely Shangri-boil your hand in acid
    3. The entire staff IS in the bunker... except, of course, for the Veep who is apparently flying about in AirForce one
    4. It is VIGO! (I can't stop saying this... it is pissing off my wife)
    5. You MUST read Dave Barry's live blog of 24.
    6. I can't believe that Gary Payton, er, President Palmer II is dead... they're like the Kennedys
    7. Logan wants redemption, and I have a feeling that at some point, he's going to ask for his wife to be brought to him
    8. If Graem's son isn't really Jack's son, I'm going to be horribly saddened and my faith in the writing staff will be lost
    9. What will bring Jack's dad back into the fold?
    10. Who is the mole? C'mon, there has to be one... CTU has the worst security of any top-secret fortified instalation in the country... well, next to the Presidential Bunker, of course.

GOD! This must be what it is like to be addicted to crack. 6 years, and I still haven't gotten sick of it!

ClipsFan -- I, too, wondered why the cell phones were working so well in the bunker. Perhaps the bunker has a tower inside it. And yes, I remember that cell phones weren't allowed in CTU during an early season, but that makes it far harder for moles to make clandestine phone calls, so that technicality was sacrificed for the sake of the plot. I'm still wondering how many seasons we'll have to wait until a perimeter actually works.

MulletMan -- Vigo? Who's Vigo? I don't think Wayne is dead. I suspect he will show up later in the season/day and beat down the Veep. My bet for the mole early in the season was Morris, but it appears that his plot use is going to be trauma and incompetance. My money is now on Nadia.

Other questions...
    1) Why does CTU seem to have forgotten that they have a machine that can listen to a person's voice and duplicate it, making it say whatever they want? Or was this machine just too incredibly useful and therefore had to be sacrificed for the sake of the plot?
    2) Where's Audrey (not that I actually want to see her around, but it would be nice if they would kill her off or something so that we didn't have the threat of her return hanging over our heads)?
    3) If Graem's son is actually Jack's, does this mean that Jack and Marilyn were having an affair while Jack and Teri were married?
    4) Who's the biggest weenie on the show? Samwise Gamgee/Rudy, that dude who went to work for the white house at the end of last season (Karen's sidekick), or Cage from Ally McBeal?

Vigo

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    MulletMan -- Vigo? Who's Vigo?
    In the Department of Obscure Things I Can't Believe That I Know, this one has to rank right up there...

I believe that Mullet's reference to "Vigo" is an allusion to Peter MacNicol's character in that cinematic classic, Ghostbusters II. If I recall correctly, his character in that movie was possessed by the spirit of an evil 15th-century tyrant named Vigo. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    In the Department of Obscure Things I Can't Believe That I Know, this one has to rank right up there...

I believe that Mullet's reference to "Vigo" is an allusion to Peter MacNicol's character in that cinematic classic, Ghostbusters II. If I recall correctly, his character in that movie was possessed by the spirit of an evil 15th-century tyrant named Vigo. Or something like that.
    Wow. I managed pretty effectively to avoid Ghostbusters II. I had no idea the ramifications that would have on my future pop culture knowledge.
    Thanks, Tom B!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post

YES! Well played.

So who watched last night?

I'll wait for responses before posting spoilers...

24 on Monday, March 5/spoilers...

Yes, I watched it. AAAGGGHHH. This is what Jason means when he says 24 is the show he loves to hate...or hates to love, which is it? Spoilers...spoilers...spoilers...

You just knew Jack would be caught. And doesn't anyone around the president ever have any sense or is everyone always just about the power? AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH...

Why? Why in the hell didn't he call Buchanon before the exploding door?

Did he think he was just going to walk out?

Karen Hayes will broker a deal with Tom "It is VIGO!" Lennox, and she will bring the **** about the assasination to Bill. CTU will follow up.

Was that the old secret service agent sitting with Mrs. Logan in the scenes for next week? Is he on her detail?

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post

Karen Hayes will broker a deal with Tom "It is VIGO!" Lennox, and she will bring the **** about the assasination to Bill. CTU will follow up.

Was that the old secret service agent sitting with Mrs. Logan in the scenes for next week? Is he on her detail?

Indeed, it appeared to be Aaron (I think that was his name) sitting next to the former First Lady in the previews. Given the fact that there were some thinly disguised hints of affection between them when Aaron was risking his life to save hers last season, maybe they decided to hook up after the deposed President Nixon...er...Logan was sent to "time out"...

And Jack knew the Russian security people were waiting outside the door--he had just yelled at them that he was holding a hostage--so he must have been counting on being taken prisoner and getting help from the "good Russians" to stop Gredenko (?)...

Stray ~~~;~~~;~

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    ClipsFan -- I, too, wondered why the cell phones were working so well in the bunker. Perhaps the bunker has a tower inside it. And yes, I remember that cell phones weren't allowed in CTU during an early season, but that makes it far harder for moles to make clandestine phone calls, so that technicality was sacrificed for the sake of the plot. I'm still wondering how many seasons we'll have to wait until a perimeter actually works.

MulletMan -- Vigo? Who's Vigo? I don't think Wayne is dead. I suspect he will show up later in the season/day and beat down the Veep. My bet for the mole early in the season was Morris, but it appears that his plot use is going to be trauma and incompetance. My money is now on Nadia.

Other questions...
    1) Why does CTU seem to have forgotten that they have a machine that can listen to a person's voice and duplicate it, making it say whatever they want? Or was this machine just too incredibly useful and therefore had to be sacrificed for the sake of the plot?
    2) Where's Audrey (not that I actually want to see her around, but it would be nice if they would kill her off or something so that we didn't have the threat of her return hanging over our heads)?
    3) If Graem's son is actually Jack's, does this mean that Jack and Marilyn were having an affair while Jack and Teri were married?
    4) Who's the biggest weenie on the show? Samwise Gamgee/Rudy, that dude who went to work for the white house at the end of last season (Karen's sidekick), or Cage from Ally McBeal?

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but I know that some friends of mine have discussed the "perimiter" drinking game. Drink every time they mention one, and drink twice every time it is broken. There was an article on EW.com which covered a day on the job, and it talked about perimiters.

When the season started, I thought that Nadia would be too easy, given her background. At the time I thought that it might be Milo. Remember that he had Nadia log on using his password? He may have been setting her up for a fall over something he does. I don't think that he's been in recent episodes all that much, so he may be sprung back on us as a mole.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post

On that note, why didn't he just leave a cell phone line open to CTU during the entire interrogation? Didn't he know that he'd only have a few minutes?

Exclamation Another 24 drinking game

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I don't know if it has been discussed here, but I know that some friends of mine have discussed the "perimiter" drinking game. Drink every time they mention one, and drink twice every time it is broken. There was an article on EW.com which covered a day on the job, and it talked about perimiters.
    There is also a drinking game based on every time Jack says "dammit!" I saw an interview he did a month ago and he said every once in a while he'll go "dammit, dammit, dammit" just to help the game along. They (the interview) played a Jack dammit montage compiled over several seasons, and it lasted for over a minute. Very funny stuff, and now I look for it during the show.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New cast member?

Did anyone else see Rick ("Don't call me Ricky, I gave that up after 'Silver Spoons'") Schroeder as a SWAT leader in the preview for next week?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Did anyone else see Rick ("Don't call me Ricky, I gave that up after 'Silver Spoons'") Schroeder as a SWAT leader in the preview for next week?
    Right!?!? He's Curtis' replacement as director of field opps!

"Here we are, face to face, a couple of field opp guys!
    Hopin' to find, we're not gonna die...
    Finding the bombs, making us strong
    Together... we're gonna find the nukes!"

Jack and Ricky... Silver Spoons meets CTU... awesome!