Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User Tips!

Use Courier font to make neat tables

Here's a tip - if you're going to be a stat geek, go the extra mile and wrap your stuff with courier new or something. If you turn on the option in your settings for WYSWYG or whatever you can actually see the courier instead of the tags on either side, which is nice for editing.
    Code:
    OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS
    ## Player-Team              Cl   G     No.    Avg/G
    -----------------------------------------------------
     1.Dwayne Collins-UM....FR   29    93     3.21
     2.Jared Dudley-BC......SR   25    78     3.12
     3.Al Thornton-FS.......SR   29    90     3.10
     4.Tyler Hansbrough-NC...SO   29    87     3.00
     5.Trevor Booker-CU.....FR   29    84     2.90
     6.Kyle Visser-WF.......SR   28    80     2.86
     7.James Mays-CU.......JR   29    82     2.83
     8.Ekene Ibekwe-MD......SR   29    77     2.66
     9.Ben McCauley-ST......SO   28    68     2.43
    10.Thaddeus Young-GT....FR   27    64     2.37

Go to your User CP >> "options" >> at the very bottom of the screen is something that lets you modify the viewing options, chose the WYSIWYK thing.

Then if you change your font to courier new you will actually see what the font looks like as you type it and it's easier to make things spaced evenly.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-08-2007 at 04:18 PM.

The profile pic is not the same thing as an avatar. Your profile pic will only show up in your profile, it is the avatar that shows up in your posts. So, you just have to upload it to the other place.

As an aside, it looks like the pic you uploaded is animated, which is not allowed in an avatar (but apparently ok in a profile pic).

Viewing unread posts

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Is there a way to go directly to new or unread messages rather than having to guess where I left off last time I looked? Edit: Never mind, I see it now.
    When you open a thread, look at the title bar of the first post. If there is an unread message, the note "View first unread" is highlighted. Clicking it takes you to the proper place in the thread.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 03-08-2007 at 04:16 PM.
    "There can BE only one."

What is the policy on linking images from those free upload hosting sites? A few times when I've tried linking to them I get a little error message saying something about not being allowed to use that host. Are we supposed to be using the attachment option for doing pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Boswell View Post
    OK, I figured it out: Go to Quick Links>Edit Options>Date & Time Options and set for your appropriate time zone.
    Bos, I did as you suggest, last night. I set mine to EST (GMT-5) but now everything is off by one hour. It is now 11:34 AM, and when I post this it will have a 1 hour error.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Search

If you haven't found it yet, one of the really cool features of this new system is the Search.

You can search entire forums or entire threads for a word or set of words. Just look on the right side of one of the banners at the top of either the forum or the thread.

It works quickly and very well. I'd highly recommend using it before starting a new thread, to see if maybe someone's already started a thread on the same subject - just maybe not with the title you were planning to use.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Aha! There is an ignore button on the new board system!...

Err, sorry, that wasn't a reference to anyone posting above. I just wasn't sure where else to celebrate the discovery. Carry on, nothing to see here!

Got a question and hopefully someone can offer me a tip ;-)

Is there any way to stay logged in forever? I know it's not much of a hassle to re-login every time I visit the forum but at the same time, it'd be great if I could just stay logged in when I leave the site. Especially those times when I'm only away for like half an hour before the next reload.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Is there any way to stay logged in forever? I know it's not much of a hassle to re-login every time I visit the forum but at the same time, it'd be great if I could just stay logged in when I leave the site. Especially those times when I'm only away for like half an hour before the next reload.
    Interesting... I don't know about "forever", but I've been logged in on 3 different computers and haven't had to re-log in each time I start a computer since this new board started. When logging in, there's a check box to "remember me"... or something like that. Maybe cookies also need to be activated on your computer... but I really don't know how that works.

Talking

I too have been logged in on 3 computers without problem.

Also I am trying to get to 300 posts to see how my status chages.

I've logged into two DBR windows on the same computer.