Anybody around here Curl?

As in the Triangle Curling Club or any others?

Curious.

Twelve ounce curls? (Ba da bum ching!)

Sometime I even amuse myself

Friends from Canada I worked with have always assured me curling was the sport they played when they were too old for hockey. In the same breath they assured me it was the best excuse to get out of the house and meet their drinking buddies.

My wife and I can never seem to find the time to do it, but will be getting on the ice at some point with the Charlotte Curling Association, which has a facility about 15 minutes from our house on the north side of town. One of my patients is an avid curler and promises we will have both beer and fun.

Any particular thoughts or tips before we get going? Charlotte Curling has some learn to curl and beginner curling classes that look like they'd fit the bill.

I'd certainly take a lesson as I will once I get started. NBCSN has "Curling Night in America" every Friday night which I enjoy. Just looks to be fun and I was thinking of putting a keg/cooler on each end.

Sorry, only curls I know about are the scripting command and the vector operator.
    A text without a context is a pretext.

I quickly looked and thought the title said, "Anybody around here hurl?" So I went straight to the "Cocktails" and "Ymm, Beer" threads.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I quickly looked and thought the title said, "Anybody around here hurl?" So I went straight to the "Cocktails" and "Ymm, Beer" threads.
    "I'll take Hunch Punch for a thousand, Alex"

I've been out on the sheets once or twice. This place is not too far from Stately Turk Manor; didn't even know it was there. A friend is into it and we were able to set up a couple of scout trips a few years back. The kids wanted to play human air hockey, and as fun as that sounded, we were pretty sure it would have ended badly.

https://philadelphiacurlingclub.org/home

I can see the appeal and the curlers are great people to hang with, but it seems to me curling is like ice fishing: an activity humans invented to help kill long winters in a cold and snowy land or else we'd go crazy waiting for the sprint thaw. I'm not from one of those places.

If I have time to spend on an indoor activity that involves alleys and adult beverages, I will return to my roots and find a bowling league instead.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nobody on DBR hurls - we know how to hold our liquor.
    If you want to find hurlers, go to Inside Carolina.
    "Quality is not an option!"